Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learners Permit Application Process

Options
  • 14-06-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm curious to know if I can submit my application for my learners permit a few weeks before I turn 17? I know that the waiting times currently are quite long and I want to get out learning straight away. I know in England you can apply up to 3 months before you turn 17 and it'll only turn valid when you turn 17.

Thanks,

CurtisB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm guessing you've done the theory test then?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm guessing you've done the theory test then?

Theory test is done yeah. I turn 17 on the 8th of July, I would just like to apply in advance as I know there is quite a wait for the license.

-Curtis

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

As far as I'm aware you can't. I looked into it a while ago and found you need to wait til you're actually 17. I just can't find a link to actually back it up. It's a silly rule, it should have a valid from date in the future like the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

As far as I'm aware you can't. I looked into it a while ago and found you need to wait til you're actually 17. I just can't find a link to actually back it up. It's a silly rule, it should have a valid from date in the future like the UK.

Thanks for that Mascot Dec,

Are the waiting times still 3 weeks plus like it was when they first brought out the new licenses??

-Curtis

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Thanks for that Mascot Dec,

Are the waiting times still 3 weeks plus like it was when they first brought out the new licenses??

-Curtis

Depends where in the country you are I reckon, Meath times seem to have reduced

• Advertisement
Advertisement