Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mixed Messages

Options
  • 22-03-2015 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have been texting a guy I know from primary school and college on and off for the last year. He is from my village and recently moved back from abroad. After regaining contact last summer the texts turned flirty and he has told me clearly that he fancies me and is into me. I made him aware that the feeling was mutual and we agreed that we should meet up.

However, my problem is we have not yet met up and I am beginning to question whether or not he is interested only in 'sexting' and nothing else. I said straight out to him that I am not interested if it is just texting or of he was just after one thing and his response was that if he was only into one thing....he wouldn't still be texting.

My question is, what do I do not. Previously he suggested meeting up and I agreed but nothing came of it. Then more recently I suggested meeting up and he agreed but again we never made concrete plans i.e. when and where. Is he playing me or genuinely interested. And if he is interested how can I make him get his a** into gear. I don't want to suggest meeting up again in case I come across as desperate/ full on!

Thanks in advance and sorry it's a bit all over the place! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

However, my problem is we have not yet met up and I am beginning to question whether or not he is interested only in 'sexting' and nothing else. I said straight out to him that I am not interested if it is just texting or of he was just after one thing and his response was that if he was only into one thing....he wouldn't still be texting.

Communicate better than that. Texting is awful and confusing. Call or better email. And have a meeting ... just coffee or something. But start with some real communication. Email or fb or something. Or call.it could be nerves,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

There are people who'll happily text til the cows come home but have no interest in ever getting around to meeting up. Seeing as this guy's supposedly interested in you, why keep texting when he could actually meet you in person? I don't think you'd be full on if you tried to organise an actual date/time to meet up in person. If he's genuinely interested in dating you he'd be delighted to finally meet you. If he's just a time waster you'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭catonthewire

Hi,

Take the initiative , use your phone to call him, suggest meeting up , if he agrees but let's you down simply forget about him...
    Your wouldn't come across as desperate, he himself may simply be nervous of appearing desperate...

So forget about texting, call and make a firm date...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Jesus I couldn't bear that...

I'd send something along the lines of "well all this texting has certainly been fun but think it's run its course so if you wanna organise a meet up, let me know. Xxx"

Then I would not answer another message that wasn't organising something.

It sounds to be like he has a girlfriend to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

I dunno, I'm a bit of a bitch :D but if it were me and it was going on THAT long with this texting malark, I would give him a time and day, and if he still seems flakey then just kick that one to the kerb, dont even bother to text him again after that.. You would only regret the time you wasted on him so I think it's crunch time OP. Also, what Katgurl suggested seems like a good idea!

• Advertisement
Advertisement