Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do I need to get a garda to stamp learners permit form?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

I'm confused, I know you need to include a sight test and the theory test certificate along with evidence. of id.
    There's a stamp part for the garda. Do I need to get it stamped?
    Or is that only if I want to get the learners permit renewed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭The_Nipper_One

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I was asking myself a similar question and I remember finding the answer on the application form itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'm confused, I know you need to include a sight test and the theory test certificate along with evidence. of id.
    There's a stamp part for the garda. Do I need to get it stamped?
    Or is that only if I want to get the learners permit renewed?

You do I got mine a few months ago went to get the form stamped only to be told by a garda 'its out of date I need to print off the new form which doesn't need to be stamped' went printed off the form only to find it does need to be stamped by the fuzz :$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I never got mine stamped, got it two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 surfdudette

You only need the Gardai to stamp it if you're renewing/replacing because your previous permit was lost/stolen/damaged - see pages 3, and bottom of page 4-5 of application form.

Advertisement