Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Northern Ireland and having baby in south

Options
  • 16-08-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I'm just wondering if anybody here started their pregnancy in Northern Ireland and moved hospital to Dublin close to delivery time.

I am at the start of my pregnancy and there is no way I'd be happy going to give birth in a hospital in the North. All experience of health care up here has been a disaster and theres no way I want to give birth up here.

I am from the South and I'm not living in the North that long but I definitely want to go to Dublin when the time comes.

Has anyone been in similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Just curious what bad experiences you have experienced? I'm from Dublin but I've been living North for about 6 years now and I have to say I've been surprisingly shocked at the high standard of care I've received since moving here, much better and quicker than in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 harlser

snoopy29 wrote: »
    Just curious what bad experiences you have experienced? I'm from Dublin but I've been living North for about 6 years now and I have to say I've been surprisingly shocked at the high standard of care I've received since moving here, much better and quicker than in Dublin

None of it is pregnancy related. 3 different issues, I would just have no confidence in going to a hospital here to have a baby, the thoughts of it would stress me out more than anything.

I also find it alot slower it took 3 weeks for an appointment! !!
    At home I mihht of had to pay but id be seen by a doctor within 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Well you don't need more stress on top of the stress of having the baby! I guess I've just been lucky with the surgeries I've attended and also I get BUPA with my work and I can get appointments with consultants within 24hrs which is amazing compared to down South!

Well you don't need more stress on top of the stress of having the baby! I guess I've just been lucky with the surgeries I've attended and also I get BUPA with my work and I can get appointments with consultants within 24hrs which is amazing compared to down South!

Wow that is good, I dont have any health insurance.And as you say not worth the stress.

Wow that is good, I dont have any health insurance.And as you say not worth the stress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement