Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning Breech Baby

Options
  • 07-08-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

So at 36 weeks baby is breech and am due into the hospital next week for baby to be turned if still breech then. :(

Anybody been through ECV and how was it? Just wondering what to expect.

Also any tips or success stories on turning baby yourself. I've read about different body tilts, the frozen peas, heat and music. Anyone know anymore? Anyone manage to turn their baby successfully? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Check out spinning babies (Google it)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I had an unsuccessful ECV with my 2nd. She was just determined not to turn. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable and I'm glad I tried it.

I would definitely try spinning babies.

My baby only turned breech between 37 weeks and 38 weeks and then managed to get stuck.

She's 2 now and still hates being upside down!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ugh my first and second were both weird lies. One turned and one didn't. I didn't do anything to get the one who turned to turn. I found Spinning Babies a waste of time. Baby will end up whatever position they're comfortable in. I declined ECV because of the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Thanks everyone. Just to update, baby had turned all by herself :) I'll have one obedient one! ;) So didn't have to make the call on ECV but chatting to receptionist afterwards she was saying it's very unpleasant.

Oh I tried the upside/tilted positions off the sites and I think one of them did work because I felt a massive movement after, but kept feeling her "head" by my ribs so didn't think it had worked - it was her bum! Lol!!

Now fingers crossed she doesn't flip back!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

They just tried to turn mine at 40+9. Very, very uncomfortable and unsuccessful. But it's usually more successful when done earlier and at least it's over in 2 minutes either way.

I also found the Spinning Babies website a bit of nonsense. I had a scan to figure out why my baby is so high, which is how they realised he was breech. Scan also showed I have an 'excellent' pelvis and problem most likely is he has to much room to move around. No problems of a lack of 'balance' or any of the other stuff suggested on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Breech can be due to an oddly shaped uterus so no amount of scrubbing floors or pelvis tilts would shift babies in cases like that. My second turned by himself when I was making a bed, but I only realised afterwards that's what it was. My first was never going to move as she was transverse and consultant said after my section she'd never seen a baby in such a weird position.

Advertisement