Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to get a Dell XPS 1330?

• 21-01-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Wheres the best place or best way to go about ordering a Dell Xps1330?
    Theres lots on ebay that are apparently brand new from sellers with good feedback and they are cheaper than buying direct from Dell.
    Is this the best option?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try dell outlet or dells ebay store. I don't know what the link is for their ebay store but I'm sure someone does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The ebay stores are:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Outlet

http://stores.ebay.ie/Dell-Outlet

All the outlet stores sell 'refurbished' machines - usually ones that have been returned within 8 days by buyers who didn't like them or changed their mind. They're inspected, re-installed, and repackaged.

Don't quote me on this, but i think the ones that are perfect go to the link AC gave above, and the ones with minor scuffs go to the ebay store.

I bought a M1330 from the outlet recently and it was perfect, no problems, and saved a few quid. Co-incide the purchase with one of their offers (free shipping, 10% off etc.) and you're laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mellow77

I just ordered a dell m1330 from Dell Outlet. But i found their specifications for each machine only came out with a small window, quite simplified info. I wonder if nothing is mentioned about the Wireless card, does that mean there is probably no wireless card installed, or they just don't mention some components which are treated as basic components. Same as AC adapter, video card, finger print etc not mentioned, i also quite confused.

Voodoo_Child, you said you just got one, would you give me some direction? or anybody else has such experience. I'm very new to Dell. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

The small window that popped up with the specification has the Dell 'Service Tag' number. (this will also be in the order confirmation e-mail they sent you.)

You should be able to use this to get some additional information about the specification.

I don't have the link handy, but google something like 'Dell service tag' and you should find the Dell page that let's you search for info on that machine.

Also note that you can cancel your order before it ships without any trouble. So if you see another machine in the next day or two on the outlet for better value (or better spec), bear that in mind.

It's a great machine, good luck with it. FYI mine took under a week from order to delivery. Inspect it fully for scratches or damage that may have been done by the previous owner - if you decide to send it back, you have 8 days to do so. Mine was perfect though, so i wouldnt worry about it overly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mellow77

Thanks so much, voodoo_child. The information you provided is really helpful. I checked the specifications by the service tag, everything looks good except no fingerprint reader, but i don't really mind.

Good to know I can still search for a better deal before it's shipped. I'm actually having a struggle at the moment to make a choice between two machines, which I'll open a new thread for some advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement