Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Honey

Options
  • 19-08-2015 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of locally produced honey for sale? All I can see on Google is these guys https://www.facebook.com/irishlocalhoney but I don't think they are very "active".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

As well as selling the hives and equipment, I think this guy sells honey as well -- if not, he'll be able to advise you where to get it. Contact details on website. http://www.donegalbees.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Where about are you in Donegal?

The butcher at the bottom of the main street in Letterkenny (Gildea's) was selling honey, think he said it was from Milford.
    Saw some in the Health Food shop in the Tesco shopping centre too but not sure when its from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks for both suggestions. Will check them out. Think the Natural Way honey is from Sligo.

Got honeycomb in Gildea's and the Sligo honey in the Natural Way. Still on the lookout for clear Donegal honey.

eman66 wrote: »
    Got honeycomb in Gildea's and the Sligo honey in the Natural Way. Still on the lookout for clear Donegal honey.

If you are around Donegal Town this weekend there is the food festival. Was there last year and there was a group who did loads of honey from around Donegal. Might be worth checking out. I'll miss it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Iwernia

Local honey in Callaghans Maxol Station in Burt. And I will second the food festival in Donegal Town, one of the best events in the county for local produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

The vegetable guy at the Saturday artisan market sells local honey..

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Butchers in Killybegs sells honey from a couple from Glencolimcille

annascott wrote: »
    The vegetable guy at the Saturday artisan market sells local honey..
    Thanks. What town's that?

Prob the one in Letterkenny. It's fairly new. I've not been yet, but there is a facebook page if you look for Letterkenny Artisan Market. Up in Lismonaghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Letterkenny. Artisan market up past Lismonaghan, Saturdays 11am-4pm. The honey is from Pearsons honey farm, St Johnston

Great. Will head up on Saturday.

Advertisement