Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic question from a clueless person!

Options
  • 17-01-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

This probably a very silly question but I need all the help I can get!
    We recently got a plasma screen tv in work so as to hook it up to our dell laptop for presentations etc.
    We got the cable etc and when I turn them on I can see the desktop screen on the tv but I can't run any programmes (Powerpoint, word etc), the tv doesn't seem to pick them up.
    Any ideas????

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you can see the desktop of the pc that the plasma is plugged into then it will display the contents of that desktop screen, regardless of powerpoint or any other programs you are using. make sure its connected to the correct base unit/laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hold down the "fn" key on the laptop and press f4. This will toggle the display output from the main built in screen to a secondary screen. Make sure th eplasma is plugged in first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Anti wrote: »
    Hold down the "fn" key on the laptop and press f4. This will toggle the display output from the main built in screen to a secondary screen. Make sure the plasma is plugged in first though.

This. Though make sure you have a look at the little icons on the F1-12 keys first as the key needed varies from laptop to laptop. Dell use either F5 or F8 if I recall. My Lenovo uses F7. You should see what looks like a rounded square and possibly a computer symbol on it. Again, the design differs from manufacturer to manufacturer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

F5 on Toshiba

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tartopher

It works!!
    Thanks a million for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement