Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vostro 1700 questions/advice

• 20-01-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i'm in the market for a desktop replacement type laptop that hits the sweet spot on price/performance. Starting working up the north and will only need to move it every few months dependant on project location. It needs to game (just WoW mainly). The high end vostro atm seems to hit the spot 930 if fact it seems really cheap. T7500, 320gb hdd, 3Gb ram, and the 256mb 8600m also has the larger battery (but it does stick out from the back i hear).

Anyway what i'm not sure is whether to go with the standard 1440*990 display or the 1920*1200 truelife variant. I've not seen the higher resolution on 17inch display but I have concerns it will be too small (I run 1680*1050 on a 22"WS on my desktop). Plus i am concerned that the graphics won't have the power to deal with that resolution in games and that if i lower the resolution it would look crap. Would anyone have any input/experience that they could share on the matter.

Cheers

Data

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The graphics card would probably have problems running top end games at the higher resolution at decent fps. I have a 1440 x 900 resolution on my 17" laptop and I think it's fine. Not too big, not too small. I'd say go for that.

Advertisement