Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I failed my repeats but i want to repeat the year, what do i do?

Options
  • 13-09-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Ok so I got my results there last week - epic phail

so I wanna repeat the year, whats the story with it? I failed 2 modules

does any one know what the story is with registering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ok so I got my results there last week - epic phail

so I wanna repeat the year, whats the story with it? I failed 2 modules

does any one know what the story is with registering?

What course are you doing?

You can repeat the year doing just those two modules.

Say in Arts you failed English, you can repeat the year doing a different subject like History. You can make any switch. You just have to get your remaining credits to pass on to your next year.

You've to pay for the modules, registration and capitation. You won't be eligible for a grant either.

Contact the Students Records office and explain your situation. Or you can contact the Student Union. Just get in contact with some sort of UCC administration and they'll redirect you.

Registering is/has happened across the college. You should go about this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

What course are you doing?

You can repeat the year doing just those two modules.

Say in Arts you failed English, you can repeat the year doing a different subject like History. You can make any switch. You just have to get your remaining credits to pass on to your next year.

You've to pay for the modules, registration and capitation. You won't be eligible for a grant either.

Contact the Students Records office and explain your situation. Or you can contact the Student Union. Just get in contact with some sort of UCC administration and they'll redirect you.

Registering is/has happened across the college. You should go about this soon.
    I'm doing computer science

thats the job il go in tomoro and tell them I intend to repeat!

thanks for your help!

I'm doing computer science

thats the job il go in tomoro and tell them I intend to repeat!

thanks for your help!

No problem. Just explain it to them, some of the staff are incredibly helpful imo so you should get it done.

Let me know how you do dude. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You'll most likely have to pay to do the two modules again. How many modules did you do in year one? Divide the cost to do the course again (they'll be able to tell you), divide it by 8, and multiply that answer by 2 to get the price of your repest. It may only work out to be €400 or so. Depending on your timetable, you may have a lot more time on your hands, but before you take a part time job to fill in the extra days off, look at why you failed the two modules in the first place, and see would getting a job lead to another failure.

Finally, if you were getting a grant, best to talk to the grants people, as I'm unsure if repeating a year is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BigDaddyCan

the_syco wrote: »
    You'll most likely have to pay to do the two modules again. How many modules did you do in year one? Divide the cost to do the course again (they'll be able to tell you), divide it by 8, and multiply that answer by 2 to get the price of your repest. It may only work out to be €400 or so. Depending on your timetable, you may have a lot more time on your hands, but before you take a part time job to fill in the extra days off, look at why you failed the two modules in the first place, and see would getting a job lead to another failure.

Finally, if you were getting a grant, best to talk to the grants people, as I'm unsure if repeating a year is covered.

ya im gonna go try find out 2mro how much its gonna cost me, itl have to be a loan either way! already have a job sorted in the computer centre thank god, the reason i failed first time was sheer lazyness being honest... wont be getting a grant so not stressing about that! just as long as i can get a loan im sorted!

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »

It varies year to year as prices of specific modules do go up or down, not sure about any other insitution in the country though.

Repeat years are definately not covered by a grant unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Repeat fees vary depending on how many credits you need to repeat plus Reg. and Cap. Find details at following link:
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/RepeatFees/

Advertisement