Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far cry for free(er)!!

Options
  • 10-02-2004 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Okay, so anybody like me who DOESNT have broadband (sadly) and wants to get thier hands on the recently released demo, i have good news!! :D
    In case you didnt already know, Game on Henry St. are giving away free promo CD's of the Far cry demo, and id urge anyone who hasnt played it to get one. Now. Right now. Its very good :D NOW!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also according to www.computerandvideogames.com

far cry is not going to be released on CD but only DVD

bout time in my opinon.

FAR CRY DVD-ONLY, UBISOFT CONFIRMS

DVD-ROM-less PC users weep tears of frustration as Ubisoft cooks up dastardly disc plan for the imminent FPS

15:55 Crytek's hotly anticipated PC first-person shooter will only be released on DVD format, Ubisoft has confirmed with us today. It's a huge departure from the norm, and it also makes Ubisoft the first publisher - as far as we're aware - to turn its back on releasing a major PC title on multiple CDs.

Far Cry is shaping up to be a must-have, must-play first-person shooter; but we get the funny feeling that FPS fans without a DVD-ROM won't be too chuffed with Ubisoft's decision. Whether or not those in such a situation will be prepared to add a new drive to their setup to play Crytek's game remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

They cant complain, chances are if they dont have a dvd drive, they wont have the capability to play the game in any case as regards cpu, graphics ram etc.....i mean its hard to find a modern pc without a dvd drive these days.

Originally posted by L5
    They cant complain, chances are if they dont have a dvd drive, they wont have the capability to play the game in any case as regards cpu, graphics ram etc.....i mean its hard to find a modern pc without a dvd drive these days.

ohh i know like the minium spec will probally be like 1ghz with a 64mb gfx gard with 256mr system ram.

if a machine of that calibur doesn't have dvd drive well they should get one. they're only 30 euros now anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The full specs on the CD are

DVD/CD ROM drive: 10x (cd) 4X (dvd)
    Processor: 2ghz or better
    Memory: 512 ram
    3d card: Geforce 4 (or ATI eqivalent)
    Direct X: 9.0b

Now ive only got an AMD 2000+ but it runs fine on my P.C. Tho i DO have a Radeon 9800 pro so that would make up for any shortcomings of the processor.

is that on the demo you picked up in game?

if so the retail is on DVD only

• Advertisement

Yeah they were the specs on the free demo. Seriously tho..get it!!! Its the best looking game ive seen that wasnt called either doom3 or half life 2.
    Shooting the fish in the water is endless fun :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

the demos are in all branches of game. There's scagloads of them up in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

its on the cover cds of pc zone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

But you'd have to pay for that!

Exactly my point!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Yeah they were the specs on the free demo. Seriously tho..get it!!! Its the best looking game ive seen that wasnt called either doom3 or half life 2.
    Shooting the fish in the water is endless fun :D

i'm waiting for this months pczone to come through my door.

tbh i don't fancy going into dublin just to pick up a free demo.

but i have played the demo a bit and it's class

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Just got sent a 3mb of this, looks nice. (Can't wait untill I get bb installed.)

Advertisement