Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor Online

Options
  • 14-01-2004 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Just a quick note to let you know a few of us have started (paid for) a new
    Medal of Honor - Breakthrough Server

The game type is Liberation and its a 22 player server.

I personally am not aware of any other Irish Liberation Servers.

The good news for boards.ie readers is that you can play away as
    we currently don't reserve private member slots.

The server is visible from the game (advertised in gamespy)

|>IRL-FCA<|- Clanserver

We were all recently hooked up to broadband and frustrated with the lack of low ping mohaa liberation servers (from ireland). If there were any we werent able to get in.

Anyway there is no 'angle' here we are hoping that the clan will grow but its isnt a necessity - we would love to see more irish broadband people playing on the server -

So see you in there - we usually play between 9 - 12 pm everynight
    althought you can hammer away anytime you choose.

Regards

Partridge

(Kermit on breakthrough)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robc

sounds good... i just got BB in and have MOH Breakthrough installed, and im itchin to play a good online game.... might check it out tonite

Thanks
    RobC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 J K Partridge

Welcome anytime - if you can get a couple of your mates we will take ye on in a game !!
    Server is

|>irl-fca<| - Clanserver

By the way we are thinking of throwing a couple of spearhead maps in to spice it up a little - wadda you think ??

Basically it means it will swap to a team death match - maybe try it for tonight and Friday night ...

back to the ole 3 breakthrough for Sat and Sun

Rob - were you on last night - I heard that it got stuck on the map Brest ? was that the case or did a RCON person do this on purpose ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Whats the ip address of the servers guys I might be on for a few games later?

J K: i was on lastnight at about 1, if feckin rocked, sent u a mail re joining, ill be on tonite too, yaaaay my GF is gonna hate me :)

phoenix..... the ip address is: 212.42.16.30:28301

RobC

• Advertisement

Getting busy - I wonder is there any other irish clans out there ?

any chance of more then the 3 maps?....the pings times are real nice but it gets a bit boring after a while

Actually funny you should say that !!
    Unfortunately Liberation Game type only comes with 3 maps

We were going to regress slightly to some spearhead and MOHAA maps to keep it interesting. Just need to get clearance from the current console 'conch holder'
    But there is one problem with that - the game type will become
    TEAM GAME and not a LIBERATION game ...

Anyway I will post when I get clearance - should be interesting !

Cheers JK, it would be nice to get that setup, the games I've played have been a good laugh, what sort of spec pc would one need to play a deicated server version of MOH? I've got a server lying spare in the house but it wouldn't be any great shakes, graphics card would be fairly ropey etc

Running Dedicated server isnt a problem, you don't need a great graphics card - some extra memory is nice (>512mb) - but your connection to the internet is !!

We pay to have ours hosted -

Your typical connection latency (home broadband) is about 35-45 ms
    That means if I were connecting to a server in your gaff the best I could expect is about 70ms (but realistically 100ms)
    But when you starting introducing extra players and taking into account the 128K (MAX) upload the ping times drift considerably.

Now there is also the issue of ports you have to lock down ports (sometimes called pinholes) with isnt impossible and it is surprising easy to advertise your game on gamespy !

Its really all about the ping times - > 90 BAD and < 85 Good

• Advertisement

how is the clan going JK?????

... i havnt been on for ages

... my pc is kinda fecked :dunno:

Server is going great
    loads of interest out there.
    This is primarily due to us busting the chops of the provider - until we got the game running s*it fast.
    Basically we now have the lowest latency (ping time) access server from Ireland and europe.

Also the server doesnt suffer the Lllaaaggg that a lot of other servers suffer.

Anyway we are offering free membership to boards members - now thats a good offer - we are eager to build up the Clan numbers

We have 4 clan matches coming up and we need to kick these UK clans butts into obivilion !

So if anyone out there wants to join the killing fun - Post a reply - or go to the website -
    anyone out there got a medal of honor server ??

We are eager to exchange ideas on server set up - clan management and most importantly Game Tactics

ie how to best manage 5-7 players in a clan match.

Advertisement