Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless internet / DNS, Keyports problem

Options
  • 18-10-2009 5:31am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭

recently moved into a new apartment in Taipei which has wireless internet, I was able to locate it and connect to it with zero problems but no websites or messenger will run for me on it. (Currently using a very weak/limited connection thats unsecured and can occasionally be found from here).

I try the obvious diagnose and repair, turning the router off and on but to no avail and when i trouble shoot with Messenger it says the DNS and Key ports are the problem.

The only info i have with regards the Router/wireless connection etc is the following (as written):

Wireless Internet. CHTN_TO7AW

714pp261@hinet. net

xutwmptf

0800080412/0800080128

The french guy living here (very limited English, and everything on his comp is in french) has his internet working perfectly but the previous person in my room set it up for him and he isnt sure how, the landlord speaks no english (his assistant, young Taiwanese girl fleunt in French and English is on a holiday for a week) and had just left the note with the above info on it with regards the internet.

Anyone know what I should do/change to hopefully get it up and running properly? any help would be much appreciated - consider me computer illiterate even though im not (dunno what you are going to say but if you speak to me on this manner like a dunce ill atleast def know what im to do :))

Advertisement