Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Im waiting. 102 is great tho can't see it getting much better than that.

Last year was a disaster pre season as all the Americans were using the same servers for free and games were hard to watch due to over usage.
    Tbh think 102 is the deal for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think I'm calling it wrongly. I paid 102 until end if the regular season

Will double check in the morning

I went for the whole shebang Until this time next year- I like to assume ill need it right up to the Super Bowl- and I weirdly found watching the draft quite interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Really? Dang. I couldn't get that, even using Hola. Ah well. Sorry, didn't mean to misinform. :)

Heli was referring to the subscription that brings you to January not the season plus

I went for the whole shebang Until this time next year- I like to assume ill need it right up to the Super Bowl- and I weirdly found watching the draft quite interesting!

Yah I'm thinking that myself, between the mix of having to wait until payday anyways I'll do the same I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just checked, season pass for 102 so pre + regular season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

season plus works out at €158 going through Brazil currency. The regular season is as per Helis price, but no need to go through Greece and pay in Brazil, you can just go straight to Brazil and pay for it in Real.

As an aside, going through Britain costs €183, so that is more expensive as a currency converter. Australia works out at €168. Same for South Korea. Brazil seems to be the best right now. But surely get more than €20 discount than whats on offer now. Its only an 11% discount doing it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I'm a little curious as to how people are paying for the Brasillian currency option...

Are people quoting what's actually been charged to their credit card or what they are converting themselves (Rate sourced online) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Just signed up there, Brazil on Hola and Brazilian currency, worked out at €103.47 through AIB instead of €145 :pac:

infacteh wrote: »
    Just signed up there, Brazil on Hola and Brazilian currency, worked out at €103.47 through AIB instead of €145 :pac:

Is that what showed on your bank / card statement?
    Sweet dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    BKWDR wrote: »
    Is that what showed on your bank / card statement?
    Sweet dude

Yeah, it's what AIB charged me on the Visa debit. Almost the same as XE currency converter.

Happy out, €100 for the regular season and pre-season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

My cable company doesn’t have any special packages to see all the NFL games, although they do for the NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS. Didn’t need one in the past as they carried a CBS station our of New York City and I usually always got to see the NY Jets play. But this year they dropped the CBS channel out of NY and went with one in Philadelphia. Won’t get to see my Jets much this year, but plenty of other games are shown. Not really interested in Gamepass. Looks now like I’ll be heading out to the sports bars on a regular basis Sunday afternoons to catch the Jets. Alcohol, pool, darts, pretty girls in skin tight tank top team shirts, and football. Can’t beat that!

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, it's what AIB charged me on the Visa debit. Almost the same as XE currency converter.

Happy out, €100 for the regular season and pre-season!

Cheers I might just bite the bullet on the 160,sure like I always said on this thread, it more than paid for itself on Sundays... I'd spend it in a heart beat on a Saturday night in town...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Cheers I might just bite the bullet on the 160,sure like I always said on this thread, it more than paid for itself on Sundays... I'd spend it in a heart beat on a Saturday night in town...

TIP OF THE DAY: If you go through quidco.com to buy it you can get 10% cashback.

game pass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

namloc1980 wrote: »
    TIP OF THE DAY: If you go through quidco.com to buy it you can get 10% cashback.

game pass

I tried that last year and I didn't get the money back. I will try again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Raoul wrote: »
    I tried that last year and I didn't get the money back. I will try again though.

How do those sites work? What's in it for them?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

it'll likely only work if you are a UK resident

seeing all the posts on hardknocks has made me take the plunge. Greece and then pay in Brazilian Real for €103ish. Will see if they do a post season upgrade later on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is the latest season of Hard Knocks on there then? I assumed first run was just on HBO and then Game Pass gets it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ya, hard knocks not on gamepass. good episode. get it on the torrents

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is the latest season of Hard Knocks on there then? I assumed first run was just on HBO and then Game Pass gets it later on.

yeah, only noticed once I logged in! :mad: I thought last year it came onto gamepass within a day or so of being on HBO. I watched all of last season on gamepass anyway, and they do have the 2015 season listed in the gamepass NFL Network section, but no episodes with it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Is it safe to enter card details while connected though Hola? Wouldn't have much faith in some of the free VPN's.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Is it safe to enter card details while connected though Hola? Wouldn't have much faith in some of the free VPN's.

meh. thats what banks, insurance and security payments on your card are for. I wouldnt get hung up on it, but thats only me.

Brazilian currency gave me 161e on Mastercard

Brazilian currency gave me 161e on Mastercard

that was for the season plus? seems that way alright, that there was no big difference there. I just went for the season proper, and worry about the playoffs nearer the time. upgrade or whatever.

Hard knocks was up on gamepass at the end of last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah I just VPNed through Brazil and paid for the season subscription. It cost 394.99 riel which AIB is saying is 102.05, only 45 cent difference from what XE says. That's a pretty good deal.

Second episode of Hard Knocks was up, watched it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Any sign of coupon codes, I haven't seen any on the forums:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I got an email from them yesterday saying how much they missed me. Not enough to give me a discount though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    F me... some lads are paying via Brazilian money?... someone must show me how to do that some day. Yee saved yourselves about 70 euro did you?

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    F me... some lads are paying via Brazilian money?... someone must show me how to do that some day. Yee saved yourselves about 70 euro did you?

no, not that much, about €30 on the season only option. You click on the currency in the top right corner of the gamepass home page.

Advertisement