Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US NFL Season Preview magazines in dublin?

Options
  • 15-07-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can get any of the US NFL season preview mags in Dublin? The forum on NFLUK says that Lindy's Sports Pro Football Season Preview 2014 (any good?) is available from today in WHSmiths in the UK - any chance its over here as well?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ollie103 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if you can get any of the US NFL season preview mags in Dublin? The forum on NFLUK says that Lindy's Sports Pro Football Season Preview 2014 (any good?) is available from today in WHSmiths in the UK - any chance its over here as well?

Thanks.

I got that magazine last year in Easons in Galway so it should be available as well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Thanks. Although I did try Easons (O'Connell St) and they didn't have a clue what it was! May try go get it online: will update if I've any luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

You haven't a chance of getting a copy over here unless you order online.

I've just ordered off unique magazines so I'll you guys know how it works out.

Worked out at €12.

Thanks glued. How long is the delivery time?

ollie103 wrote: »
    Thanks glued. How long is the delivery time?

Ordered yesterday night and it was dispatched an hour ago. I'll let you know how long it takes.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Just ordered it myself from Unique Magazines as you recommeded.

I would paste the direct link to the online page but Boards.ie won't let me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just got it in Easons on Patricks Street here in Cork, about 4 left on the shelves

Ha - typical: its probably also in Dublin so I tried a day too early...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Might take a wander to the one on O'Connell street tomorrow.

If there's only a few left, I can pick up two or three and meet up with anyone in Dublin looking for it. Let me know, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Just got it in Easons on Patricks Street here in Cork, about 4 left on the shelves

Will grab that in town tomorrow - how much was it?

EDIT - just saw they have an app for Android where you can purchase it for a tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Will grab that in town tomorrow - how much was it?

Tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Easons in Liffey Valley had about 6 in stock yesterday.

Eason's on O'Connell St had one copy yesterday evening (€10.58).

But I had already ordered mine at Unique Magazines: they had a few in stock and will post that same day so it should arrive 2/3 days later. Cost is £ 9.45 sterling so close to € 11.50 all in.

Can anyone recommend any other NFL print media?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Got a copy of Lindy's Sports Pro Football Season Preview 2014 in Eason's on Patrick St, Cork today - still a few copies left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Got my copy from Unique Magazines today. Great service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I got one in Eason's Blanchardstown at the weekend. Read the Bears preview in the shop, to check they knew broadly what they were talking about, and thought it was a pretty decent preview so bought the mag.

Just the right amount of info I want to know about each team. One minor quibble is they don't list the draft picks beside the team previews, they're in another section of the magazine. But yeah, decent refresher material while waiting for the season to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Picked this up in Easons blanchardstown shop. Was the last on there. Lookin forward to lazily panning through it. Just over a tenner. Pretty thick magazine though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

glued wrote: »
    Got my copy from Unique Magazines today. Great service

How do you add to basket? trying to buy the Athlon one, can't find add to basket/buy button anywhere. Perhaps it is unavailable right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Leslie91 wrote: »
    How do you add to basket? trying to buy the Athlon one, can't find add to basket/buy button anywhere. Perhaps it is unavailable right now?

Had the same issue. Looks like the Athlon one is not available.

Advertisement