Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Course Codes

• 07-09-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

I'm asking about the codes on the student cards. I know a few.

BMBB is med, BPHARM is pharmacy, BA is arts, BAP is psych, BSCGOV is government, BNG is general nursing, BNID is intellectual disability nursing, BNP is paediatric nursing, BDS is dentistry.

Anybody know where I can find a list, or know what the others stand for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

http://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/DEGREES/1

i think they all should be here, hope this helps? or are med students back to college? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Thanks, but that's not them! I think they may be specific to UCC, or to Ireland.

I want to know because if you type in a course code followed by the year on the UCC website, you can see how many people are doing it. I wanted to find out about the engineering and maybe other science ones for my brother.

On the other hand, if I can find this info anywhere directly, let me know!

I'm not back to college until about the 21st. I miss it. Can't wait to return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

oh, i thought you were just looking for the general initals each degree has.. oops! :D me too, cant wait! sick of the summer now.... i really wish i was just registered but i dont know what modules to do... oh well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Where exactly can you find out this? Link please :)

Jay P wrote: »
    Where exactly can you find out this? Link please :)

I found out the ones I know from student cards of friends.
    But if you go to ucc.ie and type in BMBB2, for example, in the search box, you can find out how many people are in second med (They're not updated yet, but they should be soon, for now you get last year's figures).

• Advertisement

I just tried that now and nothing came up.

Jay P wrote: »
    I just tried that now and nothing came up.

Weird! Works for me.

You type it in, press enter and it says student email addresses with a number beside it. That's the number in that class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

It worked for me but for arts you need to include major, joint etc. E.g. BAM2 or BAJ2. Its a pretty amazing glitch considering it gives names and emails.

robp wrote: »
    It worked for me but for arts you need to include major, joint etc. E.g. BAM2 or BAJ2. Its a pretty amazing glitch considering it gives names and emails.

Just realised now that it actually gives names and emails! I found mine.

Weird!

Look at that, I typed in my name and found it. Weird.... I don't think it's a bug, it says at the end
    Please note some numbers may have been excluded for security purposes. Email addresses are not links, to avoid them being harvested by spammers. You can't click on them: you have to retype or copy-and-paste them.

So obviously they know it's like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement