Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Nightclub??

Options
  • 20-08-2009 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hey what was everyones favourite nightclub last year?? What are your thoughts for this year?

What was your favourite Nightclub in Cork? 75 votes

Gorbys
    0% 0 votes
    Havanas
    30% 23 votes
    Club Classic
    29% 22 votes
    Cubins
    14% 11 votes
    Fast Eddies (RIP)
    8% 6 votes
    Rafters
    6% 5 votes
    Liquid Lounge
    4% 3 votes
    Mangans
    6% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Only went to 4 of those places (Gorbys, Havanas, Classic and Feddie) because I'm not really a club person.
    Gorbys is probably my favourite. Havanas and Classic were grand but to me they seemed to be pretty much the same. Feddies was a complete dive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone else LOL at Mangans?:D

My rankings:
    1) Gorbys- Prob the best. Cheap vodka and always a crowd there.
    2) Havanas- Would be number one if open all week instead of just Tuesdays
    3) Classic- I'm fond of it because all my class parties are there
    4) Rafterz- Mini Havanas
    5) Liquid Lounge- Good music shame about the clientele
    6) Feddies- no loss.

Cant comment on the others havent been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Club One FTW

I'll have forty-seven Jagers please, and a dance off in the middle of a mosh pit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

deisedude wrote: »

My rankings:
    1) Gorbys- Prob the best. Cheap vodka and always a crowd there.
    2) Havanas- Would be number one if open all week instead of just Tuesdays
    3) Classic- I'm fond of it because all my class parties are there
    4) Rafterz- Mini Havanas
    5) Liquid Lounge- Good music shame about the clientele
    6) Feddies- no loss.

Cant comment on the others havent been

:eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

gorbys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I'm a Freakscene girl myself, I didn't go that much last year because I was sick but I loved it the year before. It's great, I love downstairs too, but it can be a bit repeatitive

:eek::rolleyes:

Ooops! Isnt more of it open Tuesdays than other days though?:confused: I'm open to correction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Not a niteclub man. Give me a pub like the Mutton Lane Inn or the Bierhaus any day. Cant beat a good pub with good conversation. Its also much easier pull in a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

I put in Mangans as a piss take lol. Ended up there one night after being refused from everywhere. Obviously had no problem getting into Mangans. Thought the place was huge but quickly realised it's all mirrors.

Havana's is open every night but only over 18s on a Tuesday. Rafters (upstairs) is open every night to students.

My favourite had to be Fast Eddies!! The place was a ****hole but such a laugh. Not too scummy, no freaks, no posers, just poor students out to get drunk!

I think Classic has huge potential for this year

I put in Mangans as a piss take lol. Ended up there one night after being refused from everywhere. Obviously had no problem getting into Mangans. Thought the place was huge but quickly realised it's all mirrors.

Havana's is open every night but only over 18s on a Tuesday. Rafters (upstairs) is open every night to students.

My favourite had to be Fast Eddies!! The place was a ****hole but such a laugh. Not too scummy, no freaks, no posers, just poor students out to get drunk!

I think Classic has huge potential for this year

Ah yes that explains Havanas. Fast Eddies i wasnt particularly fond of, went in there one night after being refused from everywhere else. When i woke up the next morning wearing a mask i realised why no place else let me in:D

• Advertisement

Havana's is open every night but only over 18s on a Tuesday.
    Is it not over 18s every night? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

grenache wrote: »
    Is it not over 18s every night? :confused:

All clubs are over 18 every night. What i think they mean is that its only under 20's on tuesday night, as in the only night 18 year olds can get in is tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

i cant believe gorbys is winning......:eek:

the place is god awful (in my opinion abviously!)

was there one night and a guy followed me and my friends. we tried to see the funny side for a few minutes then it kinda started to get a bit weird. also someone smelt my hair there too... i have just realised, there seems to be a pattern forming.....

NOTE TO WORLD: STOP SMELLING MY HAIR IN NIGHTCLUBS!

but seriously... love the classic, for the simple reason whenever i go there i end up consuming a hazardous amount of goldschlager and up dancing on my knees on the dancefloor (or encouraging one of my friends to crack on to the bouncer)

i cant believe gorbys is winning......:eek:

the place is god awful (in my opinion abviously!)

was there one night and a guy followed me and my friends. we tried to see the funny side for a few minutes then it kinda started to get a bit weird. also someone smelt my hair there too... i have just realised, there seems to be a pattern forming.....

but seriously... love the classic, for the simple reason whenever i go there i end up consuming a hazardous amount of goldschlager and up dancing on my knees on the dancefloor (or encouraging one of my friends to crack on to the bouncer)

Maybe if you rubbed something manky in your hair like rotten eggs then people wouldn't smell it!;) That particular piece of advice is on the house:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Don't like nightclubs that much but I voted for the Classic.About half the times I've been in gorbys,I've got hit on by guys.Strange place.

Maybe if you rubbed something manky in your hair like rotten eggs then people wouldn't smell it!;) That particular piece of advice is on the house:D

thanks! i will definately give that one a try... :D

titan18 wrote: »
    Don't like nightclubs that much but I voted for the Classic.About half the times I've been in gorbys,I've got hit on by guys.Strange place.
    Being hit on, is far better than not being hit on ;)

To be honest Captain, girls hair is usually lovely smelling! I can't blame the guy to be honest, i dont' know what kind of fruit filled conditioners ye do be using, but it surrrrre izz guud!!!!!

I'd probably smell your hair and all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Being hit on, is far better than not being hit on ;)

I'm a guy though and I'm not gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Liquid lounge is a lovely place, not a lot of people seem to know about it though :( I'm not very big into clubs really. I hate gorbys except for freakscene which is a really good laugh, havana's/cubins/classic I hate with a bit of a passion. I hate paying into places and the music is really not to my taste, plus they can be a bit cattlemarkety

edit: I've also had a few good nights in Chambers, despite the best efforts of the DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Cubins on a Sunday Night is great craic..A bit pricey but since its ladies night,no wonder it is.I love dance music so this place is defo the best place hands down.

Although im not a big clubber but this is really good.

• Advertisement

To be honest Captain, girls hair is usually lovely smelling! I can't blame the guy to be honest, i dont' know what kind of fruit filled conditioners ye do be using, but it surrrrre izz guud!!!!!

I'd probably smell your hair and all :p

would you like to come back to mine for some coffee??:p:D

would you like to come back to mine for some coffee??:p:D
    Is the hair smelling included in that invite? ;)
    Fol20 wrote: »
    Cubins on a Sunday Night is great craic..A bit pricey but since its ladies night,no wonder it is.
    Do you not find Cubins a bit scummy? I do.

for sure, i will have my extra nice smelling conditioner on for extra effect. :D

for sure, i will have my extra nice smelling conditioner on for extra effect. :D

*grabs coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Do you not find Cubins a bit scummy? I do.

A load of people say that,however i find it grand when im in there,as you very well know,you get all sorts of people in every club,both good and bad like.

Fol20 wrote: »
    A load of people say that,however i find it grand when im in there,as you very well know,you get all sorts of people in every club,both good and bad like.

I don't know about that, you don't see too many scummers in the Classic. Cubins seems to be their club of choice. I tried it one Saturday nite and the place was reeking with scobes.

I don't know about that, you don't see too many scummers in the Classic. Cubins seems to be their club of choice. I tried it one Saturday nite and the place was reeking with scobes.

In fairness Saturday nights you will see scobes in every club and pub in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

In fairness Saturday nights you will see scobes in every club and pub in the city

Yourself Included ya :D? Have you left for the states yet?

Same As wrote: »
    Yourself Included ya :D? Have you left for the states yet?

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Timistry

Erm id say Havanas cos we always used to end up in readens for a scoop then just went straight upstairs. The classic was not that popular when i went to UCC sice it was 21/23's. Supposed to be class now though:p Cubins is grand for a change especially if you can get the raised seating area beside the bar.....

Advertisement