Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Nightclub??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Gorby's, although it's mostly because you're most likely to meet someone you know there. That and freakscene is pretty good. Havanas is pretty decent too. Not big on Cubins, although they do have class strobe lighting. Biggest problem really with Liquid lounge is it's always so empty. Don't think I've ever seen a large crowd in there. Pity, nice place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Gorby's, although it's mostly because you're most likely to meet someone you know there. That and freakscene is pretty good. Havanas is pretty decent too. Not big on Cubins, although they do have class skobe lighting. Biggest problem really with Liquid lounge is it's always so empty. Don't think I've ever seen a large crowd in there. Pity, nice place.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

deisedude wrote: »
    In fairness Saturday nights you will see scobes in every club and pub in the city
    But on friday nights too? Just too scobey and too young for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭deisedude

grenache wrote: »

Fair enough, i suppose the scobes have to go somewhere now that Redz and Bondi are gone:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Fair enough, i suppose the scobes have to go somewhere now that Redz and Bondi are gone:pac:

Bondi is only closed for refurbishment.

• Advertisement

JSK 252 wrote: »

Oh really, seems a bit odd. The actual club itself inside was quite nice. However any club that has one of those punching games installed is going to be a scobe magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

*grabs coat*

*orders 5kg tub of conditioner online*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Oh really, seems a bit odd. The actual club itself inside was quite nice. However any club that has one of those punching games installed is going to be a scobe magnet

I never liked bondi..downstairs was good but upstairs was a bit too open for me..it always felt too quiet upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

hmm,As i said you get all sorts everywhere not just cubins:(..The strobe lights in cubins are fairly good alright..

I like the small dance floor in the corner in gorbies..nice and tight dance..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

The crane lane! :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

pub and a decent band make for just as much fun i think..more IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

JSK 252 wrote: »

SWEET. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

I'll go with Gorby's because it's just in the same building as the Brog, and that's where most of my friends go, so I'm always pretty sure I'll meet someone I know. Freakscene's also great.

But when Gorby's is empty... it's definitely boring. -_-
    Also some guys can be really annoying, I remember I had a hell of a time trying to get rid of one that kept following me everywhere (except to the toilets, but only because one of the bouncers stopped him).

Also used to love talking with one of the bouncers there (one of the oldest ones). It was funny to hear him speak in French and he always had a smile for us. I miss going to Gorbys and having him tell me "Ah, I don't even need to look at your ID, you're here too often !". :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

i don't understand why cork doesnt have a club like trinity rooms. why isn't the savoy like that? it's even bigger than trinity rooms and has 2 or 3 different places where people could drink/hang out. i know most people say 'yeah i don't really listen to the music, all i go out for is to get s**t-faced' but come on does anyone else feel there should be a club where we don't have to listen to s**ty chart music? why is the only kinda 'niche market' in clubbing freakscene? it's some joke like. even in waterford the loft have techno nights. u know you'd get the crowd in cork aswell its bigger than both limerick and waterford!

rm_2008 wrote: »
    i don't understand why cork doesnt have a club like trinity rooms. why isn't the savoy like that? it's even bigger than trinity rooms and has 2 or 3 different places where people could drink/hang out. i know most people say 'yeah i don't really listen to the music, all i go out for is to get s**t-faced' but come on does anyone else feel there should be a club where we don't have to listen to s**ty chart music? why is the only kinda 'niche market' in clubbing freakscene? it's some joke like. even in waterford the loft have techno nights. u know you'd get the crowd in cork aswell its bigger than both limerick and waterford!

agreed preety shocking choices avalibale, any good clubs the weekends?

rm_2008 wrote: »
    why isn't the savoy like that? it's even bigger than trinity rooms and has 2 or 3 different places where people could drink/hang out.

Been to Savoy once or twice. Never really enjoyed the atmosphere there. =/
    But it's true that it could be a nice place if improved, I guess.

Plus it's so cold in here !

Haru wrote: »

Plus it's so cold in here !

Tell the mods to turn on the heating!

Seriously cant believe someone would call a club too cold, that wud be a refreshing change to the sweaty messes they ussualy are. I was only in there twice btw, once for the some frehsers party and secondly for a gig

Tell the mods to turn on the heating!

I don't think they've got the power to turn on the heater in the Savoy. :rolleyes:
    Seriously cant believe someone would call a club too cold, that wud be a refreshing change to the sweaty messes they usually are. I was only in there twice btw, once for the some frehsers party and secondly for a gig

I do know the atmosphere can be hot and sweaty in some clubs. But if I want to catch a cold, I go outside with people smoking. Aside from that, I also found it a bit expensive last time I went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

If places were too cold then the girls wouldnt be walking around half naked and we can have that!!

Keep the temperature hot please.

I guess you didnt read your post back either, I was replying to the "in here" part. :p

Esse makes a good point tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I'm not a clubbing person at all, I'd rather sit quietly with a beer any evening, but I used to LOVE Bondi Beach. It was just fun, none of the politics and melodrama that goes hand in hand with Gorbys, just cool music, a mixed crowd, great drinks promos, and a fantastic retro dance floor.

Bring it back. :(

I hate Gorbys, I've never had an enjoyable time in there.

I guess you didnt read your post back either, I was replying to the "in here" part. :p

Lolz. I'll admit I didn't notice it. :pac:

How come girls are always half naked and not guys ? I know I wouldn't mind it... Ok, j/k. :D

What was your worst experience in a club and where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Haru wrote: »

What was your worst experience in a club and where ?

Hearing a Bryan Adams song played in Gorbys. :lol:

And also the drunken girls "working" the pole in Bondi. It would turn you off girls. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

the pavilion wasnt mentioned in the poll! only went there once or twice but it seemed like a decent place, almost like a mini savoy, really good for gigs now though!

i was always a big fan of rafterz when i was in first year way preferred a can there than a "club pint" of beer somewhere else!

ill have to go with the classic or gorbys though.
    But during summer we have been going to late bars instead which i enjoy a lot more. Bodega and Crane lane, mighty places to go for a friday or saturday night :p

tmc86 wrote: »
    the pavilion wasnt mentioned in the poll! only went there once or twice but it seemed like a decent place, almost like a mini savoy, really good for gigs now though!

i was always a big fan of rafterz when i was in first year way preferred a can there than a "club pint" of beer somewhere else!

ill have to go with the classic or gorbys though.
    But during summer we have been going to late bars instead which i enjoy a lot more. Bodega and Crane lane, mighty places to go for a friday or saturday night :p

The Pavillion is a nice spot. Didnt realise it was a club as well though, i thought it was more of a music venue. I saw a gig there last year and was really impressed by the place. Far better than cyprus avenue for gigs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

None of those places would be a fav of mine, I like The Pavilion, good vibe in there, good music and nice surroundings. Nice crowd in there too although it could do with more students.

Advertisement