Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Objctive Cork neighbours only please.

• 03-05-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello Cork neighbours .
    Im from Waterford and have been working in the UK for a year now. I watched the Tipp game a cpl-of weeks ago and thought "This is a different kind of Waterford Team" after todays game ...am i right ? or did Cork just not turn up ?. Like most Waterford people when it comes to ALL Ireland day we always shout for Cork ....especially if it's against the old enemy who shall remain nameless but sit stalking in the long grass....If we cant do it at least Cork might. Thats where im coming from. Whats the verdict on this new Deise team .....Dare we dream ?.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If you don't dream, they can never come true!

That said I cannot see Waterford winning Liam this year. They are an improving team and today's result is testament to that. If they got to the semi that would be a very good year indeed.
    No need for a thread though, you could have simply asked the question in both counties thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    No need for a thread though, you could have simply asked the question in both counties thread.

Completely accepted ...but the question gets lost in the fog . From the Cork Forum i see the attitude "Its only the League"from the Waterford forum i i see the attitude "We're on the march" ....I've been there before which is why i wanted a seperate thread that would dismiss emotion and acknowledge reality.

BTW ....I also dont see us seriously contending for Liam this year but because i'm from Waterford i'm conditioned to that way of thinking. My question is this this though......Is this a "Liam" winning team that can shred the curse of "nearly is good enough" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    Hello Cork neighbours .
    Im from Waterford and have been working in the UK for a year now. I watched the Tipp game a cpl-of weeks ago and thought "This is a different kind of Waterford Team" after todays game ...am i right ? or did Cork just not turn up ?. Like most Waterford people when it comes to ALL Ireland day we always shout for Cork ....especially if it's against the old enemy who shall remain nameless but sit stalking in the long grass....If we cant do it at least Cork might. Thats where im coming from. Whats the verdict on this new Deise team .....Dare we dream ?.

Corkman living in Waterford 20 years, never seen Waterford people shout for Cork and if Cork are playing KK they shout for neither.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Corkman living in Waterford 20 years, never seen Waterford people shout for Cork and if Cork are playing KK they shout for neither.

Seriously ? What Pubs have you been drinking in ?....If you're Roanmore ....Norrisses ?......Have you never been to Ballybricken when Cork play "those who shall not be named" in the All Ireland ?....c'mon now shame the divil and tell the truth......Can you honestly tell Cork people that Waterford cheers on KK in a Cork v KK final ??????????
    Or are you just feeling bitter about today ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seriously ? What Pubs have you been drinking in ?....If you're Roanmore ....Norrisses ?......Have you never been to Ballybricken when Cork play "those who shall not be named" in the All Ireland ?....c'mon now shame the divil and tell the truth......Can you honestly tell Cork people that Waterford cheers on KK in a Cork v KK final ??????????

He very clearly stated Waterford cheer on neither !
    Step away from the keyboard fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Goodluck!

Okay ...if yee say so !.I'll tell my mates and the rest of ballybricken to retire the red and white T shirts that come out on Cork V KK all Ireland sunday.....They never say Cork mind you but the point is made of wearing Red and White....
    If you don't realise that well then you don't know Waterford people......Munster before Leinster....Sorry KK but yee know that anyway

Advertisement