Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys return policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I would never take back something without tags, but because of this, staff always write on the receipt that it was sold with 'NOPOS' (no tags).

I didnt take the tags off though and I didnt notice at the time of purchase that the tags werent on them so it would be unfair if I was stuck with something I didnt want through no fault of my own.

Ok I did buy them and didnt like them and thats my own fault but the missing tags weren't. I had the receipt and they had no problem giving me a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh yeah, I realise that you didnt take of the tags, it was just unlucky that your pruchase had no tags. Glad you got your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xanadu67

I didn't realise that if you don't return within 28 days and have a receipt that you couldn't exchange for something of the same value. So now I'm stuck with two pairs of kids flip flops. At least the charity will gain. But not happy with their exchange policy how come Dunnes, Marks, Tesco all offer exchanges after the time as long as you have your receipt but Penny's can't. I know their cheap but after this it's cost me more so I'll be heading back to the others in future.

Xanadu67 wrote: »
    I didn't realise that if you don't return within 28 days and have a receipt that you couldn't exchange for something of the same value. So now I'm stuck with two pairs of kids flip flops. At least the charity will gain. But not happy with their exchange policy how come Dunnes, Marks, Tesco all offer exchanges after the time as long as you have your receipt but Penny's can't. I know their cheap but after this it's cost me more so I'll be heading back to the others in future.

I think with clothing it's fair to expect that people will know within a month's time whether or not there's anything wrong with the purchase. Personally I always check my purchases when I get home to make sure they're ok and there aren't any faults I missed when trying them on in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

Xanadu67 wrote: »
    It's perfectly resonable for them to refuse you. What if you would return the flip flops six months later in the winter. I think it's great that shops take back stuff and give refunds but customers should carry some responsibility for their shopping too and four weeks is plenty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I once tried to return a 100 e perfume after 35 days or something in debenhams, not a good mistake to make, be happy it was just cheap flip flops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 feemcdee

Does anyone know can items be returned and exchanged from a different store to where they were purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

feemcdee wrote: »
    Does anyone know can items be returned and exchanged from a different store to where they were purchased?

Yeah they can. Odd items are the only exception, shoes etc. They have to go back to where they were bought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Anything that's Limited Edition can only go back to a store that carries it..Mary Street and Dundrum do in Dublin but none of the rest for instance. Pretty sure that's the only exception.

Advertisement