Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Further Proof (as if needed) that Global Warming Taxes are a Farce...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

As Ireland is sparcely populated compared to the rest of Europe did we sign Kyoto saying we would reduce our overall emissions or say we would reduce it by x per head of population? At a guess I'd say our idiot politicians signed an overall figure and thus relegates us nearer to the stone age as our population grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ytareh wrote: »
    "CARBON OFFSET COST"

mmm curious ...I check up on it ...apparently its the cost of 'neutralising' the effect of your CO2 (man I hate when they call CO2 Carbon!)Now theres a website quoted by What Car called

http://www.climatecare.org/
    Meh. 400 years ago you had to pay money to Rome, or goto hell for your sins. At least the new "thing" has a more noticeable effect :D

=-=

Kyoto will only work if China decides not to have an industrial revolution.

=-=

The price of fuel has gone up as a) it's harder to get it out of the Middle East, and b) cos the Russians don't want to give any of their oil to us, and thus d) the yanks will keep what little they produce to run their own stuff.

Did I forget C? No. C, as in China. In 1985, they had about 8250. Last year, around 2 million were bought. They have a huge demand for oil, and there's also another major difference: what we pay now is expensive compared to 10 years ago. A lot of people in China only got their cars in the last 5 years, so IMO the price they pay now may be seen as "normal", as opposed to expensive.

Advertisement