Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotating teams

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭

Probably useful to have a thread for this as some will go for rotating goalkeepers or rotating budget defenders. Another option is to pick 2 cheap rotating attacking players. I also try to have rotating home captaincy choices although with suarez last year it wasnt very relevant.

Utd city
    liverpool everton
    hull burnley
    arsenal spurs
    stoke swansea
    newcastle sunderland
    palace west ham
    leicester southampton
    Villa west brom
    Chelsea Qpr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would imagine the Newcastle/Sunderland & Palace/West Ham combos will be pretty popular Krul & Mannone for 9m was a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    I would imagine the Newcastle/Sunderland & Palace/West Ham combos will be pretty popular Krul & Mannone for 9m was a nice surprise!

Burnley / Hull could be nice as well for cheapie defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »

Possibly always hard to know with the promoted teams could be a profitable one though for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hull were good for clean sheets at the start of last season but that tapered off a fair bit when Jelavic/Long signed and they changed to two up top.

I'd bear that in mind when considering their defensive players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hull were good for clean sheets at the start of last season but that tapered off a fair bit when Jelavic/Long signed and they changed to two up top.

I'd bear that in mind when considering their defensive players.
    They also lost a bit of intensity due to making the fa cup final and never being dragged into a relegation dogfight. They could be in europa league group stages this year which would lessen their appeal also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Ben Davies goes to Spurs or well anywhere then you could have Geoff Cameron of Stoke and Neil Taylor of Swansea rotating for 4.5 each. That wouldn't be too shabby a rotation policy for cheap defenders. Although there are doubts hanging over both players for it to be a sure fire strategy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just looking at defensive rotation options on FFS season ticker last night and I noticed that Hull and QPR rotate well for the first 7 gameweeks.

I would like a hull defender but didn't fancy that as per the OP they pair with Burnley who have a tough start with Chelsea and Man U in their first two home games.

A QPR and Hull home rotation gives this for the first 7 weeks.

Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham, Stoke, Man City (QPR are away to Soton), Palace.

Hull have good 4.5m options, as well as Bruce in with a chance at 4.0

QPR have Ferdinand at 4.5 and Yun Suk-Young at 4.0 who as Mr P I think mentioned has been playing preseason games at wing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Just looking at defensive rotation options on FFS season ticker last night and I noticed that Hull and QPR rotate well for the first 7 gameweeks.

I would like a hull defender but didn't fancy that as per the OP they pair with Burnley who have a tough start with Chelsea and Man U in their first two home games.

A QPR and Hull home rotation gives this for the first 7 weeks.

Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham, Stoke, Man City (QPR are away to Soton), Palace.

Hull have good 4.5m options, as well as Bruce in with a chance at 4.0

QPR have Ferdinand at 4.5 and Yun Suk-Young at 4.0 who as Mr P I think mentioned has been playing preseason games at wing back.

I'd be very wary of picking a Hull defender if they qualify for the Europa league. It will definitely be effect their results in the league if they make it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

This link is useful. Whilst we know who pairs H/A 38/38 from post #1, this lists who is each team next best pairings (and worst pairings).
    So for example ManCity have great rotation (34/38) with Sunderland and WestBrom but are therefore terrible with Villa and Newcastle.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/06/24/premier-league-201415-home-and-away-rotation/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

This link is useful. Whilst we know who pairs H/A 38/38 from post #1, this lists who is each team next best pairings (and worst pairings).
    So for example ManCity have great rotation (34/38) with Sunderland and WestBrom but are therefore terrible with Villa and Newcastle.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/06/24/premier-league-201415-home-and-away-rotation/
    brilliant thanks. I'm not mad on the stoke Swansea rotating defenders as I also have siggy so its helpful to see the other teams huth will rotate with if I go with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

A quick look at how these teams faired last season for home clean sheets:

arsenal spurs 11/8 =19
    Utd city 6/10 =16
    liverpool everton 6/8 = 14
    palace west ham 7/7 =14
    stoke swansea 7/6 =13
    newcastle sunderland 6/6 =12
    Villa west brom 4/4 =8
    Chelsea Qpr 10/?
    hull burnley 8/?
    leicester southampton =?/7

Man Utd, Southampton, Villa all did better away from home albeit by only 1 more. West ham had 14 clean sheets split 7/7 home and away.

Looking at this Palace/West Ham were the best for cheap rotating defenders last year, however the only cheap pair that have any chance of starting this year are Mariappa/Collins, however neither are guaranteed to play.
    Next best shout could be Cameron/Taylor, but doubts over Cameron starting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There is an app on the play store called FPL wizard which give 2 and 3 way rotation possibilities. Free as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

dahat wrote: »
    There is an app on the play store called FPL wizard which give 2 and 3 way rotation possibilities. Free as well.

What's the Play Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's the Play Store?

Google play store, Android.

Advertisement