Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BPS calculations 2014/15 v 2013/14

• 16-07-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭

2014-15

Action BPS
    Playing 1 to 60 minutes 3
    Playing over 60 minutes 6
    Goalkeepers and defenders scoring a goal 12
    Midifielders scoring a goal 18
    Forwards scoring a goal 24
    Assists 9
    Goalkeepers and defenders keeping a clean sheet 12
    Saving a penalty 15
    Save 1
    Open play cross 1
    Creating a big chance (a chance where the receiving player should score) 3
    For every 3 clearances, blocks and interceptions (total) 1
    For every 3 recoveries 1
    Key pass 1
    Successful tackle (net*) 1
    Successful dribble 1
    Scoring the goal that wins a match 3
    70 to 79% pass completion (at least 30 passes made) 3
    80 to 89% pass completion (at least 30 passes made) 6
    90%+ pass completion (at least 30 passes made) 9
    Conceding a penalty -3
    Missing a penalty -6
    Yellow card -3
    Red card -9
    Own goal -6
    Missing a big chance -3
    Making an error which leads to a goal -3
    Making an error which leads to an attempt at goal -1
    Being tackled -1
    Conceding a foul -1
    Being caught offside -1
    Shot off target -1

2013/14

Players score BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):
    • Playing in a game
    • Playing over 60 minutes
    • Scoring goals
    o Goalkeepers and defenders (4 points)
    o Midfielders (6 points)
    o Fowards (8 points)
    • Assists (3 points)
    • Goalkeepers and defenders keeping a clean sheet (4 points)
    • Saving a penalty (5 points)
    • For every 3 saves
    • For every 3 open play crosses
    • Creating a big chance (a chance where the receiving player should score)
    • For every 8 clearances, blocks and interceptions (total)
    • For every 8 recoveries
    • Providing key passes
    • Making 3 tackles
    • Scoring the goal that wins a match
    • Pass Completion (after making at least 30 passes)
    o 70% completion (1 point)
    o 80% completion (2 points)
    o 90% completion (3 points)
    Players lose BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):
    • Conceding a penalty
    • Missing a penalty (-2 points)
    • For every 2 goals conceded by goalkeepers and defenders
    • Yellow cards
    • Red cards (-3 points)
    • Own goals (-2 points)
    • Missing a big chance
    • Making an error which leads to a goal
    • Every 2 errors leading to an attempt at goal
    • Being tackled 3 times
    • Conceding 2 fouls
    • Being caught offside 3 times
    • Missing the target with 3 shots

Looking at it it seems like some things have been multiplied by 3. eg red card last year was -3BPS, this year -9BPS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

They're now rewarding players for successful dribbles. That should favour full backs more and stop the situation where loads of players got bonus points in the same match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That'll cut down markedly on CB bonus points in comparison to what was happening last season IMO. FB's may now be last seasons CB's in terms of bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Forwards should get more bps would I be right in thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We will need to draw up a list of full backs and wingers who could be value for their dribbling alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It really does look like wide players will reap the rewards, well certainly compared to last season. It seems more balanced on the whole between attacking and defending.

While saves are rewarded by save everything else has been multiplied by 3 so it looks like those with the best clean sheet potential are better bets than Mannone who made loads of saves.

It's interesting that Terry and Cahill lose out on 5 and 6 BPs respectively while Azpili got 7 more. I'm a lot happier in going with Luis over Terry now. Funny that Debuchy, Walker, Glen Johnson and Ben Davies lost BPs though so it's not totally weighted exclusively in FBs favour.

I wouldn't take it all as gospel though but it's very interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

One thing is for sure after looking at that spreadsheet on FFS - 'keepers are losing out when it comes to BAPS under the new system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

manual_man wrote: »
    One thing is for sure after looking at that spreadsheet on FFS - 'keepers are losing out when it comes to BAPS under the new system

Keepers are losing out, CB's are losing, FB's gaining. 'Dribblers' gain over 'passers' in MF and strikers get more of the spoils overall.

It will be different this year, hence iv'e had to re-evaluate completely and currently still got an 'autofill' team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

2013/14 Andros Townsend (6.06) was the only player to average over 4.5 successful dribbles (Nani at 4.49 was the only other player to average over 3.8) so that would only come to 6bps dribblers are still going to need to rack up a good few BPS to sneak baps. I guess someone like Townsend might well have a game with 10+ succesful dribbles and gets bonus in a 1-1 with random scorers but outside of that I can see it only really being a plus when they score and it sneaks them ahead of other scorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

daithijjj wrote: »
    Keepers are losing out, CB's are losing, FB's gaining. 'Dribblers' gain over 'passers' in MF and strikers get more of the spoils overall.

It will be different this year, hence iv'e had to re-evaluate completely and currently still got an 'autofill' team.

I don't think a complete re evaluation is necessary. Goals and assists still carry the most weight and in most circumstances will determine where the baps end up. Likewise for tight games like 1-0 or 0-0 defenders are going to come out of it well. Its a slight shift overall, Shaw was the one player that jumped out at me in the comparison that should see an increase in his baps this season (tho that will still be largely dependant on him keeping a clean sheet..). Where defenders are goin to get baps, slight shift towards fb's over cb's, and like we said goalies are less likely again to get baps under the new system

Shaw is what I'd call a very 'busy' player, much like Coleman and Baines, see a lot of the ball... Flanagan is actually a lot like that too, but his team will need to keep a few more clean sheets for him to be a genuine fpl prospect! Trippier is another one who could benefit. Sanchez for Arsenal in midfield is one player I think could do very well, he was everywhere for Chile in the world cup, and I'd expect him to see a lot on the ball for Arsenal too - the amount of chances he creates and successful dribbles, balls into the box etc.... could well see him benefit in games where he doesn't even score or assist. Be interesting to see how things pan out, baps are always a source of contention nonetheless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What constitutes a dribble? Do ya have to go past a player and still have the ball? Or is it carrying the ball a certain number of yards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

jimmii wrote: »
    2013/14 Andros Townsend (6.06) was the only player to average over 4.5 successful dribbles (Nani at 4.49 was the only other player to average over 3.8) so that would only come to 6bps dribblers are still going to need to rack up a good few BPS to sneak baps. I guess someone like Townsend might well have a game with 10+ succesful dribbles and gets bonus in a 1-1 with random scorers but outside of that I can see it only really being a plus when they score and it sneaks them ahead of other scorers.

Yes, i understand. However, there were no bps awarded for dribbles last season. It was common enough for someone with 12-15 pts to take the 3 bonus. This season a 'dribbler' who does 4 in a game gets 4 added. If you parashoot that into last seasons numbers and couple it with the 200% increases in points awarded for crosses and creating chances its a pretty big swing for attacking fullbacks and wide players. Of course we will have to see what happens but its something to think about definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yes, i understand. However, there were no bps awarded for dribbles last season. It was common enough for someone with 12-15 pts to take the 3 bonus. This season a 'dribbler' who does 4 in a game gets 4 added. If you parashoot that into last seasons numbers and couple it with the 200% increases in points awarded for crosses and creating chances its a pretty big swing for attacking fullbacks and wide players. Of course we will have to see what happens but its something to think about definitely.

Yeh for sure I think we'll really see the difference it makes when you have two players both chipping in with the same attacking points (goals, assists etc) then it could well be that the one with the most dribbles gets the extra baps.

Advertisement