Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penneys make up & beauty products

Options
  • 15-08-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

What good and whatsvnot good.

Ps i love make up products
    Wipes which good or bad
    Face masks etc
    There a tinting dye bowl kit any good.

Was wondering about their foundation stick as it only €3 anyone tried it.

There new face products like face mask and under eye lids pads etc.

Reviews would be great.
    If there is already a similar thread sorry i did search it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Haven't tried any of the skin care. I love the sachets of hair treatments you can get in Penneys though

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Haven't tried their strip lashes but I've used their individual lashes and they're great. (Used Duo glue instead of the glue that came with them) Think they were €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I like their under eye sunflower dark circle reducer pads. Now of course it can't reduce dark circles but it does perk up the area a bit. I found it better than collagen ones I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Their oatmeal hand mask is great. Those foundation sticks are great for contouring! Not bad at all, a bit like a drier panstick.

Oh and their strip lashes are fantastic for the money too, but I use my own glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I love their double trouble lashes, i think they are called. Lovely and bold and a nice shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

My favourite Penney's stuff:

Glue-on nails- only €1.50. If you take your time and stick them on firmly, you should get nearly a week out of them. I find these really good for the price, considering most other glue-on nails cost at least €6/€7.

Cotton pads- €2. I buy the big pack cos I go through these so quickly. Not fluffy, decent thickness.

Lip pencils- €1.50. Only a few colours available, but the ones they have are good. Decent longevity and go on smoothly.

Liquid lipsticks- €2 (I think). Again, not that many colours but they're pretty good, especially for the price.

Sunkissed tan- €3.50. This is a BARGAIN. It's a mousse and smells of coconut, fab. Goes on really smoothly and dries straight away, wears off nicely too. A lot of it comes off after showering post-application, but it leaves a lovely glow, not at all orange.

There are probably more I can't think of right now. A few things I didn't like were the eyeshadow quads (waaaaaaaay too shimmery, loads of fallout and I ended up with glittery crap all over my face), gel eyeliner (no longevity, not very black... although I did love the inbuilt liner brush in the cap, handy) kohl eyeliner (again, feck all longevity, not very black), nail files and pretty much all of their makeup brushes are pretty crap too- worth spending a few euro more to get decent ones.

This is a pretty good article, although I haven't seen all these products and there are definitely more available than these:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zingtsjeng/i-tried-everything-in-primarks-makeup-range-11d4j#.hxyQnX58L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone got their hands on the make up setting spray from Penneys? I think it arrived in store last week. One or two people I follow on FB have said it is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Nicola20

I have been waiting for this thread! I've recently picked up one or two bits and pieces from the PS makeup range, and have been really impressed - I saw a few posts floating around on Instagram and Twitter about how good the range has gotten recently.

Heard loads about the lipliners although I haven't used any yet myself. I've used the foundation stick in Tan for contouring and it works like a dream, got a few compliments. Their nail varnishes are great, whenever I wear the nude shade I'm always asked where I got the colour. I'm looking to pick up their nude lipstick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone got their hands on the make up setting spray from Penneys? I think it arrived in store last week. One or two people I follow on FB have said it is pretty good.

I got this. Seems to work well but smells absolutely toxic. It's so hard to stomach it when you're spraying it directly on your face

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Sunny Dayz wrote:
    The smell is very chemical-like couldn't bear it on my face.
    I love their nail polish remover wipes, I got a twin pack for 1.50 recently - bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Nicola20

Haven't tried the setting spray but I do have their brush cleaner and think it's quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

I was in getting a few bits anyway so decided to pick up some make up too as its next to nothing! For less than €20 I got:

Red Lippy. Didn't go on much like the colour of the tube.
    Pink lip liner. They only seem to have 2 shades. Goes on really well and colour is lovely. Didn't give it the lasting test.
    Pink blusher. Found it a bit dry I think it will crumble in the container. Nice otherwise.
    Mascara. For the price of it its well worth having to pop into your drawer in work or leave in the car for emergencies
    Liquid liner. Cant see me having much use of it. Its miles behind anything decent I have.
    Kohl liner. Good enough for me at 1.50 for 2 of them!
    Shadows. I love shimmery eyeshadow. Didnt find it came away easy myself. Use a primer it will be perfect!
    Red lipgloss. Most impressed with this. Can never have too many lip glosses but love the shade and its straight into my bag!
    Application sponges. Cheap and cheerful
    Blue nail polish. Haven't used it properly yet jus did one nail. Nice colour.

Overal for the price of it its miles better than the cheap, more expensive, stuff I would have as a teen.

The have Rimmels new lasting full coverage foundation for 7euro. Had to give it a go. Don't bother if you want full coverage. Its more medium coverage to me. Its buildable but even so after a 3 layers I didn't find it great. Wore for about 15 hours and it was still perfect. Cuddo for that Rimmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Whats their make up brushes like?

I just have the double ended foundation/concealer brush. I find it good, does the job. Have washed it a few times and I don't think one bristle has shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I like their Hask branded Shampoos and Conditioners.

I believe they have sachets of treatments from the same brand which I've been meaning to try (I hardly ever go to penneys as I find it takes all my mental strength!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm a big fan of their makeup brushes, dead cheap and do the job well (imo!). I have the flat foundation brush, double ended stippling brush, eyeshadow brush & double ended powder/blush brush. Have washed all of them a couple of times and no sign of them shedding. The eyeshadow brush in particular is lovely & fluffy for blending.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I bought the setting spray a few weeks ago - had no previous experience using setting spray. Find it pretty good, it feels like I'm putting hair spray on my face which I'm not mad about but it does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Oooh what's it called? I would be interested in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Does anyone know whether they will be getting the make up storage boxes back in?

Oooh what's it called? I would be interested in that!
    It's called PS Love to Glow - pics up on Matte to Metallic's fb page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Does anyone know whether they will be getting the make up storage boxes back in?

Full restock in May apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Been trying their lipliner and an using the lipstick dare to bare and highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

It's called PS Love to Glow - pics up on Matte to Metallic's fb page.

Has anyone tried this? Got my hands on it the other day and when I mentioned it to someone they said that a face book blogger had posted about it giving them a rash. Now I'm a bit afraid to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

If its the spray you're talking about, I've used it and have had no reaction. I've very sensitive skin and so far no reaction to any of their products

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I think I'll have to try some stuff out!

I already get the usual: packets of wipes, cotton wool pads, cotton wool buds, nail polish remover etc.

I get all my nail polish there - from the Essence range and I love them! They last the same length of time as any other polish :D I love the glitter topcoats there as well! The only Essence nail polishes I wasn't impressed by were the matte ones.

I love their eyebrow kit and their bronzer, beautiful colors and great finish. I'm keeping an eye out for their contour kit, like the rest of th country!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

The eyebrow kit is brilliant, as is the double ended stippling brush.

I'm going to pick up a foundation stick after college. I swear by pan stick so if I can find an even cheaper alternative I'll be very happy. Their loose powders are pretty good too!

Finally picked up a contouring kit in dundrum today, excited to try. Also picked up some mascara. Have been using their bronzer for the past week and I love it, great shade for my skin

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Finally picked up a contouring kit in dundrum today, excited to try. Also picked up some mascara. Have been using their bronzer for the past week and I love it, great shade for my skin

Isn't that the multicolored bronzer?the one with all the lines?

• Advertisement

Isn't that the multicolored bronzer?the one with all the lines?

Yep, it's really good. Reminds me of a lancome bronzer I had years ago

Advertisement