Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Mac?... Opinions please!

Options
  • 30-08-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi guys, I found an old Christmas present in the back of a wardrobe, which happened to be a little hamper of makeup from Smashbox, Benefit and Mac. I'm like 90% sure that this stuff is not legit (the handle came off a Benefit Bluff Puff brush as I took it out of the box) so just want to see if anyone can confirm my thoughts! I've attached pictures of a Mac brush (187), eyeshadow and blusher.

I think it'll only let me add 5 pics, so I'll add the others in post 2!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Also, excuse my nails! 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

All fake unfortunately. While the eyeshadow looks convincing, the underside is the giveaway and MAC blushers don't look like that. Also real MAC brushes don't have Japan on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

All fake unfortunately. While the eyeshadow looks convincing, the underside is the giveaway and MAC blushers don't look like that. Also real MAC brushes don't have Japan on them.

Thanks Enabler! Once I saw the underside of the blusher, I was fairly certain but just wanted to be sure. In the bin it goes so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Also real MAC brushes don't have Japan on them.

They do. I have genuine MAC brushes bought in Dublin and New York MAC stores. Some say China on them, some say Japan and some say USA.

OP, I would say your brush is a fake though as the bristles look very different to a genuine 187. A real 187 has a clear definition between the black and white on the bristle (no white in the black part at all), the hairs are more densely packed and the shape is more defined.

Those eyeshadows and blush are definitely fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Valentina wrote: »
    They do. I have genuine MAC brushes bought in Dublin and New York MAC stores. Some say China on them, some say Japan and some say USA.

OP, I would say your brush is a fake though as the bristles look very different to a genuine 187. A real 187 has a clear definition between the black and white on the bristle (no white in the black part at all), the hairs are more densely packed and the shape is more defined.

Those eyeshadows and blush are definitely fake.

Strange, none of my MAC brushes have anything written on them bar the number!

• Advertisement
Advertisement