Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Foundation brushes?

Options
  • 27-08-2015 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for new foundation brushes and I was wondering which would be the best of these - Sigma F80, Blank Canvas Cosmetics F20 or Zoeva silk finish or 104? I've seen some people saying that the Zoeva and Blank Canvas are dupes for the F80 but are they as good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I use the Real Techniques Face Expert brush and the Zoeva Silk Finish. I prefer the RT one purely because the Zoeva one gives a sheerer finish, so if you prefer more coverage it takes longer to build it up. Both are really nice to use though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

The Real Techniques brush Ilyana mentioned is a gorgeous brush. I really like that one too.

The Sigma kabuki brushes are excellent too though. I got mine from cloud10beauty. Far better prices than any Mac brush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Has anyone used the jessup brushes? From Ebay?
    Loads of people raving about them!

They're so feckin cheap!

http://thelillymintblog.com/2014/02/04/jessup-ebay-brush-set-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I third the nomination for Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I got it last week and this week had 3 people at work compliment me on my foundation! I was wearing the same as I always do but the applying it with the brush seems to have made all the difference! iHerb is great for cheap RT brushes too! If you keep your order under 22 euro, you shouldn't get charged for customs either!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I actually prefer my Real Techniques Buffing Brush for my foundation but if I ever ended up grabbing the Expert Face Brush instead I'd have no issue using it, it's probably the denser of the two

I got a sigma stippling brush a few years ago though and I had to throw it out, I don't like how much I had to work the product in and it shed more hairs in those few minutes than my dog would in a year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Another vote here for the Real Techniques expert face brush. I love the results I get with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

deise_girl wrote: »

I got a sigma stippling brush a few years ago though and I had to throw it out, I don't like how much I had to work the product in and it shed more hairs in those few minutes than my dog would in a year!

That's a pity! Both of my sigma brushes are a couple of years old at this stage and have been constantly used and washed, but neither have shed a single hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Wish this thread had been posted before I bought the RT foundation brush :pac: I find it alright, nothing amazing. Had a look in my local stockist having read this thread and lo and behold, the expert face one is reduced in price :pac: will report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Another vote here for the expert face brush.

I also love the Urban Decay optical blurring brush, it's slightly larger but just as dense as the EF brush.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

_meehan_ wrote: »
    That's a pity! Both of my sigma brushes are a couple of years old at this stage and have been constantly used and washed, but neither have shed a single hair.

Yea Ive read a lot of good reviews for them but after spending ~€18 on that and having to throw it out, its certainly put me off them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have these ones and love them. For such a cheap price they are great quality.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Pcs-Professional-Make-up-Brush-Set-foundation-Blusher-Kabuki-Brushes-Set-/321844219011?var=&hash=item4aef690c83

I have the RT expert face brush and love that one. I have the buffing brush too and loved it but mine is shedding, so anytime I use it, I spend ages picking the bristles off my hairs and I don't know why its shedding, none of my other brushes are so I'm a bit put off it now. Is this normal for the buffing brush?

I want to try Zoeva and Morphe brushes too.

Advertisement