Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod broken

Options
  • 06-05-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

my little fella stood on the top of my spinning rod yesterday and broke the top section.

Can you buy replacement top sections or is it a case of having to replace the whole rod?

It's a 8' Ron Thompson X-Cite Spin

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Usually a top section is available on request.

You also have a choice .... replace a loved rod or if you prefer .... move upwards to the next !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

coolwings wrote: »
    Usually a top section is available on request.

You also have a choice .... replace a loved rod or if you prefer .... move upwards to the next !

I was thinking of holding on to it and maybe keeping it as a spare as I want to start using my baitcaster now in the summer and get some use out of it

I can't remember where I got the rod from...probably online. Do you know anywhere I can get a RT replacement top section?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I would use my local tackle shop ... my use them or lose them personal policy.
    And I always begin there.
    But online try: http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/1408

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

As I have broken about 1 rod per year over the last couple (and not from the strain of hauling in massive Pike unfortunately!) I've found my local tackle shop to be very helpful.

Also Paul at Anglers world was unbelievably helpful in helping me get a section of a Fox rod that was no longer manafactured.

Advertisement