Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joss Stone - Attempted murderers found guilty.

• 03-04-2013 3:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

I've never heard of singer Joss Stone but just watching the case being described on Sky News, the whole thing seems truly bizarre.

The weapons they planned to use, what they planned to do with her body and the way they attempted to go about it.

Link.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

She was popular about 10 - 6 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lapin wrote: »
    I've never heard of singer Joss Stone
    She was popular about 10 - 6 years ago.

She's a very successful singer, worth millions and she seems to be bigger over the other side of the Atlantic these days. Is into the acting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

there seems to be no motive other than they're two nutjobs...

weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Title should say "attempted murderers"

For a moment I thought she had gone mad and tried to kill someone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fecking hell, I'd **** myself if I was her. If they hadn't been such clowns she could actually be dead now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that?

Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

They must have been two bored bastards to do something like that to a has-been like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

This happened 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

This whole thing was very very random...she's not really famous any more, and she's certainly not in the spotlight.

Very odd goings on altogether...I'm not a fan of hers by a long stretch, but glad those two muppets got caught before anything bad happened to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

They were arrested on June 13, 2011, a few miles from Miss Stone's home when concerned local residents - spotting their crash-damaged car - called police.

'That's a heap of a car love, better call the police'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Why would you want to kill a woman so hot

The sentenced should be increased coz of that

This whole thing was very very random...she's not really famous any more, and she's certainly not in the spotlight.
    They must have been two bored bastards to do something like that to a has-been like her.

Again, brush up on your knowledge, she's far from a has been. She's pretty big state side.

I'm thinking this whole thing could have stemmed from erotomania. Perhaps they were delusional in their thinking, and their eventual hatred then came from the "love they didn't recieve back"?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Again, brush up on your knowledge, she's far from a has been.
    Er, I'd rather not brush up on celeb knowledge. The less I know about "famous celebrities" the better. Feeding people knowledge on unimportant facts and people is a form of mind control the media applies.

sfwcork wrote: »

her music is shyte though so I reckon the two cancel each other out :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

BizzyC wrote: »
    Title should say "attempted murderers"

Fixed.

Cheers, I knew it didn't look right. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I remember when she got a lot of flack for not knowing who Bob Geldof or Midge Ure was when she was involved in that horrible remake of Do They Know It's Christmas song.

sfwcork wrote: »

She probably looks plain as day under all that makeup.

suspended sentence then

Er, I'd rather not brush up on celeb knowledge. The less I know about "famous celebrities" the better. Feeding people knowledge on unimportant facts and people is a form of mind control the media applies.

Eh, she's not a celeb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Nope. She's still annoyingly good looking without all the slap.

Her unbelievably irritating fake American accent, on the other hand, could quite put you off your stroke.

Eh, she's not a celeb.
    >in public eye
    >Gets media attention
    >has money

She's a celebrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Again, brush up on your knowledge, she's far from a has been. She's pretty big state side.

Why is it every time a woman is discussed the size of her ass is brought up? For shame, ThisRegard, for shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

biko wrote: »
    Fecking hell, I'd **** myself if I was her. If they hadn't been such clowns she could actually be dead now.

If I was her for a day I'd **** myself too. In front of the mirror... with a camera and make sure I have plenty of material for when I go back to my own body.

Wait, did you mean the S word?

yeah, it's those non-famous celebrities I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre alright. I'm sure these people get all sorts of weird mail, and attractive women especially probably get all sorts of "I love you" mail and guys thinking that they're in a relationship, but this goes beyond what most celebrities would expect to encounter. Even hated people like Tom Cruise would get their fair share of, "I hope you die screaming" mail, but actually trying to get to your home armed with weapons and planning to butcher you?

Just two complete nutjobs.

Odd that there seems to be no details of why they wanted to kill her beyond, "They hated her" nor whether they were off their heads at the time.

Also weird that they managed to crash into bollards and a JCB on their way, yet the police officers who attended the crash never even checked for a driving licence. I wonder if they got a proper ear bashing for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

How were they going to kill her with the Set square in the picture off the weapons:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

This whole case is like something from a Coen brothers movie. I love the descriptions of the scribbled shopping lists for ninja swords followed by PS: Rob & kill Joss Stone.

Then they crash their car on their way to her house and go around asking random people for directions whilst waving a picture of her about.

The fact that one of them is called Liverpool but comes from Manchester must have only added to the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

davet82 wrote: »

weird
    Apparently her love of the Royal family was one main reason they wanted to mutilate her .:rolleyes:

FFS ...the people who lived next door to them probably loved the Royal family to , like that made any difference but they didn't plott to kill them .

Two nut jobs indeed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

davet82 wrote: »

You're obviously too young to have heard her music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

By any chance, it wasn't Jack and Meg White trying to kill her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Geez thats bad. There can be a horror side to being famous. Sure lets not forgot what happened to Bjork - a guy sent her a type of acid bomb. Later the crazy nut recorded killing himself whilst listening to her songs.

Notes made by Liverpool - who was branded a fantasist by his own lawyer - found in the car and his flat in Manchester included references to robbing, killing and beheading the singer.

Not to side-track, but this is why I hate lawyers.. "Ah sure, we'll say you are a fantasist. That you really werent going to kill anyone" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It's reported that the motive was her 'connection to the royal family'. Anyone know what the connection is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's reported that the motive was her 'connection to the royal family'. Anyone know what the connection is?
    I think it was more of an assumtion on their part then anything else ,lots of celebbs including Cliff Richard ,Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney ...to name a few have friendly connections with the Royal Family .

On the musical side ,I've liked some of Joss Stones stuff on first release but she's been quite and off the scene in UK for some years now .

Advertisement