Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another week another Pit Bull attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

youtube! wrote: »
    Of course I know the difference between a chihuahua and a pitbull. Sorry if it is not clear but the brave little chihuahua bit at the legs and barked to try to distract the pitbull. And my neighbour has always had dogs and is a very good owner but has a dead Labrador now , what's worse is she rescued the pitbull a few months back and gave it a chance. She never subscribed to any breed having an inherently vicious streak but she does now.

The fact she rescued the dog, shows that it had an unknown history, not raised from a pup.

Your post is so very poorly argued. You clearly know absolutely nothing abouf dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Airstrike. Only way.

I was thinking more barbed wire and a guard station manned 24hrs at both entrances. Plus listening devices, to detect tunnelling activity.

darced wrote: »

The dog didn't mug ye did he? The dirty shite will probably spend it all on drink too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And what is a pitbull cross and what makes it a pitbull cross?.

What does a pitbull look like, to you?.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

daRobot wrote: »
    The fact she rescued the dog, shows that it had an unknown history, not raised from a pup.

Your post is so very poorly argued. You clearly know absolutely nothing abouf dogs.

I know enough to realise these dogs are very hostile and should be eradicated , why take the chance? How many more innocent children have to die because of these abominations of canine? The very fact that advocates of this breed have said that it was stupid to leave a pitbull alone with another dog just proves conclusively my point ! Her old lab god love it was around all sorts of dogs from Terriers to Sheperds to huskies and spaniels over its lifetime and never was there any issues , in comes the pitbull and within a few months her old lab is ripped apart, just to also let you know she feels really guilty for the death of both dogs and has said it was a mistake to leave them alone but as it never happened before with any other breed and as she had left the two alone nany times over the few months it came like a bolt out of the blue, her words to me " pit bulls are unhinged mentally" I agree.

I know enough to realise these dogs are very hostile and should be eradicated ,.

Ja!!Ja!!!!!!
    why take the chance?

Does that apply to swimming pools, people, motorised transport and the like as well, or are we just proposing the endoslung for dogs this week?

Nodin wrote: »
    Ja!!Ja!!!!!!

Does that apply to swimming pools, people, motorised transport and the like as well, or are we just proposing the endoslung for dogs this week?

Don't be a troll for pity's sake. You know perfectly well what I am saying. Smart assed answers don't save lives affirmative action does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Don't be a troll for pity's sake. You know perfectly well what I am saying. Smart assed answers don't save lives affirmative action does.

He's only taking the piss out of your hysterical reaction to something that you know very little about.

He's a nice chap, really.

Don't be a troll for pity's sake. You know perfectly well what I am saying.......

I do indeed. Which is why I'm saying what I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I know enough to realise these dogs are very hostile and should be eradicated , why take the chance? How many more innocent children have to die because of these abominations of canine? The very fact that advocates of this breed have said that it was stupid to leave a pitbull alone with another dog just proves conclusively my point ! Her old lab god love it was around all sorts of dogs from Terriers to Sheperds to huskies and spaniels over its lifetime and never was there any issues , in comes the pitbull and within a few months her old lab is ripped apart, just to also let you know she feels really guilty for the death of both dogs and has said it was a mistake to leave them alone but as it never happened before with any other breed and as she had left the two alone nany times over the few months it came like a bolt out of the blue, her words to me " pit bulls are unhinged mentally" I agree.

Look if your friend was a responsible pit bull owner the lab would be still alive. If she had a pit bull she should of known what it was capable of and what they were originally bred for. So obviously she wasn't responsible. You didn't answer my earlier questions either.

So you've absolutely no idea what you're posting about.

I'll put it in simple terms so, you're arming yourself with a knife and you're ready to cut the head off your neighbours lab, is that right?.

Are we suppose to take any further opinions on dogs from you seriously?.

Even my vet ,( I have two dogs myself) has said they have no place in canine society, he says they cannot mix and they are too attached to their owners to the detriment of others animal or human. That's a qualified vet so I reckon he knows more than you mr nodin.

Even my vet ,( I have two dogs myself) has said they have no place in canine society, he says they cannot mix and they are too attached to their owners to the detriment of others animal or human. That's a qualified vet so I reckon he knows more than you mr nodin.

Well thats me anecdoted to all hell now. Might as well hit the hay while you break out the flamethrowers and rally the Einsatzgruppen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I know a vet that doesn't think you should be able to own tree frogs, as they are ickky.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

it usualy the hunting pit x that can be trouble at times from my experience

Why did your vet say that about your two dogs?.

• Advertisement

I'm telling you your vet is either a complete moron or else you're talking BS. 20 years dealing with dogs and every vet I've ever been to will tell you they love bull breeds and how misunderstood they are.

Now are you going to answer my questions about your irresponsible next door neighbour or just going to continue ignoring it because you're full of tripe?

I'm often told the dog in my avatar looks like a boxer dog, but its not!.

Can you read???It looks like a pitbull:rolleyes:

Looks like one but you're not entirely sure if it is or if it isn't?

...and according to you, a pit bull looks like a "A labrodor on steroids". While I admit this is better than the expected 'thing with four legs and a tail' its still not very convincing.

Why did your vet say that about your two dogs?.

Sorry I was making the point that I have two dogs. One is a sheperd cross terrier and the other a JRT. When they were getting their yearlys the other day it came up in conversation about the attack and I asked his opinion that's all

I'm telling you your vet is either a complete moron or else you're talking BS. 20 years dealing with dogs and every vet I've ever been to will tell you they love bull breeds and how misunderstood they are.

Now are you going to answer my questions about your irresponsible next door neighbour or just going to continue ignoring it because you're full of tripe?

Everything I have posted is true . I am doing this from an iPhone so please point me to your questions.

I'd say thats a fairly clear pic tbh, I can post a bigger pic if you like.

**edit, same dog.. Boxer?.

Everything I have posted is true . I am doing this from an iPhone so please point me to your questions.

Erm so am I and I'm able to go through page to page fairly ok.

How do you know the lab didn't start the fight? What sexes were the dogs? What age were the dogs?

As bad as it might sound if your neighbour was a responsible pit bull owner the lab would still be alive.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement