Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Roll on next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

We are 7/2 to win the Premier League next year behind Citeh & Utd. If we get Hiddink & make a few good signings I mite throw some money on that. Can't see Citeh winning it TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

New!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well wear on the new threads!:)
    Quick question Iago, does that mean we can't discuss the likes of Modric, where would he fit into the squad and that kind of stuff, or what players we predict are on the way out etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

***** Pops in, quick look round .... nothing doing here ****
    Sneaks away quietly :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

superfrank wrote: »
    We are 7/2 to win the Premier League next year behind Citeh & Utd. If we get Hiddink & make a few good signings I mite throw some money on that. Can't see Citeh winning it TBH

BEHIND City! OMG:eek:

Come on the Blues - This time it will all come together and global domination will be ours! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

papagormo wrote: »
    Well wear on the new threads!:)
    Quick question Iago, does that mean we can't discuss the likes of Modric, where would he fit into the squad and that kind of stuff, or what players we predict are on the way out etc?

No, you can of course discuss him and others. It's more that when actual transfers occur and sometimes start to take up 100's of posts from various fans on the pros and cons, we look to move them to an individual thread as there's a demand for deeper discussion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

And so it begins again

And so it begins again

But this time with a "happy ending" :eek: ;)

In other news.....
    Looks like De Bruyne will only be loaned back to his own club (if at all) and is not part of the Lukaku deal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6995628,00.html

But this time with a "happy ending" :eek: ;)

[/URL]

That's pure seedy Sgt!:pac:

• Advertisement

That's pure seedy Sgt!:pac:

What? Double Cups anyone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'd back it now if i were you.
    If as expected Chelsea appoint Guus and sign Lukaku, Modric and another couple of good players the price will get smaller IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    mmmm new fresh thread!
    Did Lukaku play in last seasons champions league?

Google is your friend!

(Yes he did - 212 mins, 3 goals - lost in the qualifiers)
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/player=250010802/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Really looking forward to the new season. Guus and a few new players and hopefully frankie stays fit all season

BAD NEWS

modih.jpg

Cheryl is quitting showbiz :(

Whohoo! The Modric story will be in tomorrow's Mirror.
    Today's been a good day.

First drunk post of the thread for me........Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Any here ever go to OT for the any of the Utd/Chelsea games? in the away end? Whats it like?

Also would it be easier to get a ticket this year due to it being on so early?

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    First drunk post of the thread for me........Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well Johner, I'd better update you on events round here so.
    Monkey has returned and is now a Mod, Naymar has said he wants to come to Chelsea by tomorrow morning, and Zola claims that some of the goals he scored started a few hurricanes.
    And that's about it!:pac:

Well Johner, I'd better update you on events round here so.
    Monkey has returned and is now a Mod, Naymar has said he wants to come to Chelsea by tomorrow morning, and Zola claims that some of the goals he scored started a few hurricanes.
    And that's about it!:pac:

:D

First hungover post. :( Now to check twitter for some transfer news.:pac:

Any here ever go to OT for the any of the Utd/Chelsea games? in the away end? Whats it like?

Also would it be easier to get a ticket this year due to it being on so early?

Excellent view, leg room is a little tight but it's a good away day.

Yep it should be easier with it being so early. You will probably need a couple of loyalty points from the first few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

@garbosj Ian McGarry
    #FCB marketing Villa in the hope of selling and then buying Rossi from #VCF. Which means #CFC and #MCFC been contacted about Villa.

Hmmm... could be nothing, but would we be interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

LanceStorm wrote: »
    @garbosj Ian McGarry
    #FCB marketing Villa in the hope of selling and then buying Rossi from #VCF. Which means #CFC and #MCFC been contacted about Villa.

Hmmm... could be nothing, but would we be interested?

I hope not because
    1. it would cost 40 mill
    2. he is 29,what happened to young players
    3. it would cost 40 mill
    4.he is 29, what happened to young players

but, villa and torres, hmmmm

surely aguero would be better imo

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I hope not because
    1. it would cost 40 mill
    2. he is 29,what happened to young players
    3. it would cost 40 mill
    4.he is 29, what happened to young players

but, villa and torres, hmmmm

surely aguero would be better imo

Aquero say you?

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/chelsea-put-sensational-50m-bid-in-for-sergio-aguero/

Seems we are doing a scattergun approach - Just bid for every top star, and surely we will get one??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I like the scattergun approach, we're being linked with lots of players I like, whether any of the moves come off or not who knows, but it does give us something to talk about each day!!

Agree with the 29 and 40million issues, dont think its a go-er!!

I saw Maradona saying that Aguero was staying in Madrid, which could be Athletico or Madrid... I dunno, we've chased him for years now, just dont know if we'll ever see him in Chelsea blue... would be my #1 dream signing tho!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I like the scattergun approach, we're being linked with lots of players I like, whether any of the moves come off or not who knows, but it does give us something to talk about each day!!

Agree with the 29 and 40million issues, dont think its a go-er!!

I saw Maradona saying that Aguero was staying in Madrid, which could be Athletico or Madrid... I dunno, we've chased him for years now, just dont know if we'll ever see him in Chelsea blue... would be my #1 dream signing tho!

I'd love to see the look on Gourlay's face if they all came back as.......
    "Yes, Aquero will sign for Chelsea"
    2 mins later
    "Yes Modric will sign for Chelsea"
    and then
    "Snjeder will sign"
    "Lukaku signs"
    Neymar, Sanchez - they say "YESSSSSSSS"

That will be 300 million please! :D

1-2-4-4 Formation? 1 being Cech! :eek:

Can't see Villa leaving Barca.

• Advertisement

Next week I fully expect to have a Manager in place and at least one signing

Dont disappointment me people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Yep Gus will be here by end of next week hopefully and Lukaku will be unveiled. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Yeah hopefully guus will be here this week.

This modric saga could go on for ages. At least lukaku looks like its done, we need modric and then a replacement for anelka also and maybe a right back. We need to get the manager sorted first and then things willmove quicker imo.

Bertrand's off to Wolves on loan when he gets back, apparently

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6996675/Wolves-offered-Bertrand-on-loan

Surely sending the youngsters to teams like Wolves isnt going to help their confidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

amiable wrote: »
    I'd back it now if i were you.
    If as expected Chelsea appoint Guus and sign Lukaku, Modric and another couple of good players the price will get smaller IMO
    Definitely.

I reckon the journos won't be so hot on Chelsea in their pre-season predictions. There's probably going to be a lot of bedding down this time round, especially if we have immediate transitions in more than a couple of key positions (e.g. Lampard, Drogba). The critics will also be keeping a keen eye on Sideshow Bob to see if he can keep out of the clink and stay focussed on the job at hand.

However, five or six good results in a row and the odds will definitely shorten, and it'll be business as usual. Which would be an excellent outcome for the early stages of the first real evolution of a Chelsea Mark II in the RA era.

Bertrand's off to Wolves on loan when he gets back, apparently

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6996675/Wolves-offered-Bertrand-on-loan

Surely sending the youngsters to teams like Wolves isnt going to help their confidence?

He'll get vital first time experience in the PL, it will definitely help.

Wolves are a decent side too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Aquero say you?

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/chelsea-put-sensational-50m-bid-in-for-sergio-aguero/

Seems we are doing a scattergun approach - Just bid for every top star, and surely we will get one??!!
    And those teams know we can pay decent money for them.

Which in a funny way gives us a kind of bargaining power which will prevent us getting totally stiffed on actual fees for players those teams are happy to sell for a fair+ price.

So lets look inside Roman's head :eek:
    He wants to move away from the power football that Mourinho brought us with Drogba to something more subtle and creative using Torres as the main man.
    Who would be the best partner for Torres?
    I'd place Aquero above most of the names we have been linked with in terms of skill, but he'd be wasted as a winger?
    Neymar promises to be something special, but I dont think we'll get him.
    Then you have your Modrics, snjeders etc
    Whats the ideal formation to get the best out of Torres?
    2 strikers? 1 behind torres?
    Or wingers?
    We know chelsea want Drogba to stay, probably as a plan B
    So I reckon its goodby Anelka, Kalou and Malouda.
    Danny will slot into the Kalou role
    Lampard will probably be benched
    Essien could be the same, or sold

Cant wait to see Guus's first formations

And where exactly is Lukaku going to fit in?
    Surely we wouldnt pay 20 million and bench him?

I want answers people!

Lampard will be prominent enough this season if he can stay fit. Can't see Essien being dropped either, he will probably feature more in the DM role though freeing up room for Ramires/new cm. IF we did get Modric, he could play easily enough where Anelka/Kalou play but a bit deeper. He has loads of pace and has been used on the wing by Spurs before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

So lets look inside Roman's head :eek:
    He wants to move away from the power football that Mourinho brought us with Drogba to something more subtle and creative using Torres as the main man.
    Who would be the best partner for Torres?
    I'd place Aquero above most of the names we have been linked with in terms of skill, but he'd be wasted as a winger?
    Neymar promises to be something special, but I dont think we'll get him.
    Then you have your Modrics, snjeders etc
    Whats the ideal formation to get the best out of Torres?
    2 strikers? 1 behind torres?
    Or wingers?
    We know chelsea want Drogba to stay, probably as a plan B
    So I reckon its goodby Anelka, Kalou and Malouda.
    Danny will slot into the Kalou role
    Lampard will probably be benched
    Essien could be the same, or sold

Cant wait to see Guus's first formations

And where exactly is Lukaku going to fit in?
    Surely we wouldnt pay 20 million and bench him?

I want answers people!

I'll give you an answer since you asked so nicely :p

Well if you take a look at the way he played when he was at his best at Liverpool, he needs to be the main and only striker. Our formation was a 4-2-3-1 with him as the focal point of attack. His best attribute was his ability to drift out wide left, pulling his marker with him creating space for the 3 behind him. He would then cut inside, using his pace (dunno is he still has it now) and play intricate passes with the 3 and get a shot away.

Alternatively, we had Gerrard/Alonso/Yossi playing fantastic through balls for him to run onto and smash into the net. Ye need to play him as a one up top with 3 players, willing and able to support him, including a playmaker type a la Alonso to continuously move the ball around then make the pass when there's space. If ye get Modric or Sneijder then that's one step closer.

Even if you look at the way he played for Spain, the time they got the best out of him was when he was a lone striker at Euro 2008 rather than paired with Villa at the WC. Even then it was Torres who used to drift out wide, creating space for Villa to run into and get the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I want answers people!

Best partners for Torres, IMO is Neymar. His ability is second to no one his age on the planet and some of the things he can do with the ball at his feet even surpass C.Ronaldo. People have questioned his attitude but the youngster loves football and wants to prove his ability, he'd be fantastic.

Give him a free role where he doesnt have to track back and let him roam free and destroy teams.

Cant see us signing him though which is the sad and annoying part. :(

Guus formation, assumng we get Guus in will be 4-2-3-1. Thats what im betting on anyway.

From current squad I would go with these players.

Cech

Ivanovic
    Alex
    Terry
    Cole-

Essien
    Luiz

---Ramires
    Lampard
    Malouda-

Torres

Although that could be changed to drop Lamps further back and replace him with Modric. Put Neymar out wide left.

Its a tricky situtaion as we have yet to see players leave. We will have a clear picture in a few weeks though and I cant wait.

• Advertisement

What I really cant wait for this season is the return of the_monkey.

I miss his crazy, crazy rants and mad predictions after we draw or lose a game, or if we dont turn over a team.

Come back the_monkey and be as crazy as ever, but try not to rack up the infractions. :cool:

Looks like we will be moving on to the next Modric type target

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/modric-changes-tack-after-spurs-stand-firm-over-chelsea-interest-2299988.html

Or is it just a "cunning" ploy? ;)

SkyGraemeBaileyGraeme Bailey

Reports emerging in Portugal claiming that Chelsea are ready to appoint Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas...more on this to follow #cfc

Reports emerging in Portugal claiming that Chelsea are ready to appoint Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas...more on this to follow #cfc

OMG!
    I heard it was the number 2 target but wow

He has a huge release clause

Looks like we will be moving on to the next Modric type target

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/modric-changes-tack-after-spurs-stand-firm-over-chelsea-interest-2299988.html

Or is it just a "cunning" ploy? ;)

Sneijder please or Neymar or both. :pac:

Interesting.......very interesting.

OMG!
    I heard it was the number 2 target but wow

He has a huge release clause

Maybe Guss didnt want it. Although appointing Villa Boas wouldnt be too bad either, a young, fresh approach to things. Interestign to monitor anyway for us Blue fans.

I suppose its a wait and see but i would presume Chelsea fans will be put out of your misery this week.
    Villa Boas would be an excellent appointment IMO
    I was certain it was going to be Guus

I suppose its a wait and see but i would presume Chelsea fans will be put out of your misery this week.
    Villa Boas would be an excellent appointment IMO
    I was certain it was going to be Guus

Agreed, TBH, he would be an excellent appointment also. I would have trumped Guus and then he would have been my 2nd choice, anybody but Hughes or Redknapp that the media we're mentioning early on.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6997261,00.html

Porto president Pinta da Costa has admitted he is helpless to prevent Andre Villas-Boas leaving as reports claim Chelsea have made a move for him.
    Over the weekend Inter Milanspacer.gif made an approach for the brilliant young tactician, who led Porto to three trophies last season, including the domestic double and the Europa League.
    Inter, though, baulked at the idea of paying his €15million (£13.2m) release clause, but that would not be an issue for Chelseaspacer.gif owner Roman Abramovichspacer.gif if he did move for him.
    Reports from Portugal claim that is the case and that Chelsea have turned their attention to the 33-year-old, who has already served as a coach at Stamford Bridge.
    Villas-Boas is a protege of former Bluesspacer.gif chief Jose Mourinho, and worked with him at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan before embarking on his managerial career in 2009.
    After one year with Academica, he was appointed Porto chief in 2010 and he has blossomed.
    Villas-Boas insisted after the Europa League final win that he was committed to Porto but that resolve now looks as if it could be tested.
    And Da Costa admits he cannot stand in his way: "Villas Boas has a contract and a clause of €15million.
    "If someone deposits €15million into our account and he wants to go, we can not do anything because it is something that is contractually specified."
    Chelsea have been locked in talks with Turkey coach Guus Hiddink about returning to the club.
    The Blues have been talking with Hiddink about taking either the coach's job or the sporting director role, and should he take on the latter then there would also be, in theory, room for Villas-Boas to also come on board.

So a possible team of Guus as D.O.F. with Villa Boas as a manager would cost us in the region of 21Million Euro to buy out the contracts and thats before we sign them to their own contracts. Huge investment if its true and if it is I only hope to god that Villa Boas gets more then 2years to build and shape his Chelsea dream.

If Roman is to persuade him to take up the Managerial role he has to be given time, but Villa Boas would understand the pressure having worked with Mourihno under the same extreme conditions.

Business is picking up. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement