Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Insurance for Learner permit below €1,600

Options
  • 25-01-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

I tried to go through this forum and quoting with many companies as I could.

My license type is "Learner Permit" and my car is a very small car from the year 2000, but the best quote I could get was €1,600.

Can anybody advise how (or with whom) I can get better quote?

I really appreciate your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

What age are you OP?

My boyfriend is with http://www.25plus.ie/ and his insurance is around €1,000 per year and he has a learner permit (he's 28).

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Coverinaclick got me insurance in an 06 1.4 for 1400
    Learner permit no previous insurance either

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Coverinaclick got me insurance in an 06 1.4 for 1400
    Learner permit no previous insurance either

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Call companies (all of them...) and you'll get the best quote. It's a pain, but unfortunately it's the only way.

Britton are good brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

lovegalway wrote: »
    My license type is "Learner Permit" and my car is a very small car from the year 2000, but the best quote I could get was €1,600.
    Is the "10 year rule" for the oldest car a learner can get insured on still in effect? I remember it being a problem a few years back when I was getting my 1st car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

the_syco wrote: »
    Is the "10 year rule" for the oldest car a learner can get insured on still in effect? I remember it being a problem a few years back when I was getting my 1st car.

I don't believe that is a blanket rule? Some insurance companies may try to enforce it, but I certainly have not come across this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mammu

boxymo insurance, I have 1.6 engine car, learner permit and insurance €800 or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Give First Ireland a call and they will sort you out.

Advertisement