Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

delivery drivers

• 28-11-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Hey guys just wondering what some of yous might make of this, myself and herself and the kids would get a curry delivered most saturday nights, now lately we changed to a different chinese and the driver is a female about 34 or so so over the past number of weeks she has always come up to the house and be talking on the mobile, i actually think thats quite rude and then without a reciept says the price now its normally 17 r 18e but its always liks every week its more then it should be so i give her the money and tell her to keep the change at tbis stage she is still on the phone. So last saturday night she arrives once again on the phone and all of a sudde. When i open the door she gets off it , so she says to me thats 17.50e i hand her the 20e not and next min she starts going through her hand bag and this goes on for maybe a min and she takes out maybe 50cent in change and says to me im sorry ive no change. I tell her to go on, does any body else find this weird like i really reckon this one is adding on a bit to the price and the messing about so not to give people change. What do you guys think
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

What did you get on the pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

bet she's a taxi driver too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

tell them when making the order that she would want to have the correct change as previously she hasnt and you have been short changed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

She should have a receipt to start off with to prove how much it is. She's probably using the phone as a distraction so she can pocket your change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

burke027 wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering what some of yous might make of this, myself and herself and the kids would get a curry delivered most saturday nights, now lately we changed to a different chinese and the driver is a female about 34 or so so over the past number of weeks she has always come up to the house and be talking on the mobile, i actually think thats quite rude and then without a reciept says the price now its normally 17 r 18e but its always liks every week its more then it should be so i give her the money and tell her to keep the change at tbis stage she is still on the phone. So last saturday night she arrives once again on the phone and all of a sudde. When i open the door she gets off it , so she says to me thats 17.50e i hand her the 20e not and next min she starts going through her hand bag and this goes on for maybe a min and she takes out maybe 50cent in change and says to me im sorry ive no change. I tell her to go on, does any body else find this weird like i really reckon this one is adding on a bit to the price and the messing about so not to give people change. What do you guys think
    Thanks
    Great post.
    Maybe her dad is a taxi driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Curry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

I really do think the phone is a distraction.
    Also for the person who asked what i got on the pizza, it was curry actually.

But in all fairness she gets 3e per delivery and i always give them a tip to be honest but with the way shes going on shes prob nearly making 6e per delivery. In this day and age greed will get them in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OP got Chinese

:confused:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Arawn wrote: »
    bet she's a taxi driver too

and a single mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

When u order next . Ask how much it is ? Make sure u have to right amount when she arrives . Take the food and say sorry for the change when u are pushing the money . If she looks bewildered - that would be suss. Why be confused if u are expecting to get paid for delivery .? If no reaction then it was u reading too much into situation .

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

now lately we changed to a different chinese and the driver is a female about 34

Your fault for changing to a different Chinese delivery person I'm afraid. I simply have no sympathy for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Damn you op, now I want a chinese :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

kowloon wrote: »
    Curry?
    irish-stew wrote: »
    OP got Chinese

:confused:.

Sure it wasn't a steak?

OP, blame Bertie. Its what everyone here does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is she hot though OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Take the food and your money back and tell her to come back when she has gotten change... obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ugh....Chinese "curry"....
    Curry is an Indian dish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

irish-stew wrote: »
    Is she hot though OP?

Ah jaysis, can ye imagine ordering an Irish stew out of a chinesse :eek::pac:.

Curry is an Indian dish.

Western interpretations of Indian dishes. Or just made up entirely in Glasgow :D.
    But the stuff from the Chinese takeaways here isn't the best.

Indian food still hasn't managed to sink to the same depths as Chinese food in terms of manky takeaways in this country. When I find a good place I make sure to support them with plenty of custom.

I had a favorite Chinese and a favorite Indian before I moved to the UK for a few years, when I got back the Chinese was muck and the Indian was under new management. The new management realised there was more money in serving insipid orange goo with chips.

Anyway, this thread was complaining about the delivery, right? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

strobe wrote: »
    Take the food and your money back and tell her to come back when she has gotten change... obviously.
    You're not entitled to change but its good practice for the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hey guys just wondering what some of yous might make of this, myself and herself and the kids would get a curry delivered most saturday nights, now lately we changed to a different chinese and the driver is a female about 34 or so so over the past number of weeks she has always come up to the house and be talking on the mobile, i actually think thats quite rude and then without a reciept says the price now its normally 17 r 18e but its always liks every week its more then it should be so i give her the money and tell her to keep the change at tbis stage she is still on the phone. So last saturday night she arrives once again on the phone and all of a sudde. When i open the door she gets off it , so she says to me thats 17.50e i hand her the 20e not and next min she starts going through her hand job and this goes on for maybe a min and she takes out maybe 50cent in change and says to me im sorry ive no change. I tell her to go on, does any body else find this weird like i really reckon this one is adding on a bit to the price and the messing about so not to give people change. What do you guys think
    Thanks

Anyone read it this way first time round?
    I am disappoint:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Eathrin wrote: »

Why would he not be entitled to change? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Op, thats €884 to €936 a year on fast food. We'll call it €1000 since you let her keep change sometimes.

More importantly though, what was on the pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the change....I think she stole some of your punctuation!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Just ask for the total on the phone. Or get a menu and work out for yourself how much it should be.

But if i were you and she was on the phone when she came to the door, I wouldn't hand her any money until she got off the phone. She's the one being rude so don't let it make you feel uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Would you not ring the Chinese and complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I'm the second best delivery driver ever :P
    Rabies wrote: »
    Sure it wasn't a steak?

saw him today, the plaster over his eye is off after he got a dig in the pub a few weeks ago
    Curry is an Indian dish.

and they eat with hands only, even to this day in take aways and restaurants, no forks or spoons for indians except for customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Rabies wrote: »

Bertie delivers Chinese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

She's probably on the phone to her OH as a self-defence thing - in case some loony batters her for €2 change - "yeah, I'm going up to Mr Nutty-non-tippers door now love,... yeah, he's answering,... yeah, his eyes are bugging out... no, no, I'm fine....":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Op, thats €884 to €936 a year on fast food. We'll call it €1000 since you let her keep change sometimes.
    Its his own money, he can spend it on whatever he likes!!

What exactly is your point??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Waggle your penis at her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Curry is an Indian dish.

Theres also Chinese style curry, Japanese style curry, Thai style curry, and every other Asian country style curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Blast her with love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Prepay for it and you won't get ripped off, that's what I always do. I wouldn't do it for somewhere that I have never ordered from before but once you've had a few deliveries to suss the place out then pay when you place the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

jester77 wrote: »
    Prepay for it and you won't get ripped off, that's what I always do. I wouldn't do it for somewhere that I have never ordered from before but once you've had a few deliveries to suss the place out then pay when you place the order.

Or pay using justeat.ie

My biggest downfall will be finding out I can buy take away online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Ask when ordering how much it will be, tell them to send a receipt and dont hand the woman money till she gets off the phone. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Oooh don't mess with people who prepare and handle your food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Hey guys just wondering what some of yous might make of this, myself and herself and the kids would get a curry delivered most saturday nights, now lately we changed to a different chinese and the driver is a female about 34 or so so over the past number of weeks she has always come up to the house

I read this far and was expecting a much better conclusion. (possibly involving a 3 in 1 with special sauce - or a 69 with extra spice)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

Eathrin wrote: »

What on earth do you mean?

Also for the person who asked what i got on the pizza, it was curry actually.

Curry on a pizza? Gross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

dollypet wrote: »
    What on earth do you mean?

I'm pretty sure that the seller is under no obligation to provide you with change if you don't have the exact amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

kowloon wrote: »
    Curry?

Curry Pizza :eek: That sounds delicious. Now I want a curry pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Its his own money, he can spend it on whatever he likes!!

What exactly is your point??

That it's €884 to €936 a year on fast food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

grow some balls op and confront her???

or throw the curry at her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

davet82 wrote: »
    grow some balls op and confront her???

or throw the curry at her

It was a pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

It was a pizza.

well frisbee it at her :D

MajorMax wrote: »
    Curry Pizza :eek: That sounds delicious. Now I want a curry pizza.

Dominoes did a Tikka topping, but I'm holding out for a full Jal Frezi topping. Actually, it'd be much like what I do with Naan and Jal Frezi now, but bigger and round. If the stuffed crust made it like peshwari naan it'd be an orgasm in a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks

Ask for a receipt, chances are she has it and along with your tip she's skimming another euro or two from you...

No receipt, no thanks, send her packing. The take-away will want to understand why she has the food returned and problem solved...

Or if you don't want the confrontation then ring the take away annonamously and explain what is happening, I've never seen take-away food dispatched without a receipt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I don't know why delivery drivers do this. If a tip was going to be paid why not pay it to the person who cooked your food, Not the person that delivered it. I had a fella (irish) from the Indian place where i live call up and start this patting down of pockets lark when it came to giving me my change.

I politely told him my food was going cold & could he hurry please. he looked at me like i tried to sh!t on his face :confused: said he only had a few cent on him and could he "get me next time" , "nope call back up tonight with my €7 please" he probably puts snots in my currys now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

As a former delivery driver in a galaxy far, far away, a lot of places don't think to provide a float of change to their drivers, and don't allow them to keep that money on them.

Some nights back in the day I would be riding (moped) around with over 400-500 quid on me. Thankfully never got mugged, but heard of riders that did. Dominos in particular restricted the change that riders carried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

bbam wrote: »
    Ask for a receipt, chances are she has it and along with your tip she's skimming another euro or two from you...

No receipt, no thanks, send her packing. The take-away will want to understand why she has the food returned and problem solved...

Or if you don't want the confrontation then ring the take away annonamously and explain what is happening, I've never seen take-away food dispatched without a receipt..

Such effort!!
    Just order somewhere else. Problem solved

• Advertisement
Advertisement