Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda now admit state has lost war on drugs

• 18-11-2012 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gangs-rake-in-cash-as-war-on-drugs-fails-to-halt-trade-3296848.html

EXPERIENCED gardai now privately admit that the State has lost the war against illegal drugs which has fuelled the murderous organised criminal culture of the past 20 years.

Commenting on the recent discovery of cannabis grow houses across Ireland, a senior garda said that the cultivation of the plants had become an "epidemic".

Gardai say that since cannabis began arriving in significant amounts in the Sixties and harder drugs like heroin and cocaine appeared in the Seventies and Eighties, they have lost the war against drugs. One garda asked the same question which Mr Flanagan, TD and self-confessed user, has been asking: "What's the point of us busting people for grass? Couldn't we legalise it and tax it?"

So can we ? It would take a lot of the violence from the drug gangs and create Jobs and tax income, Will Ireland take the huge step and decriminalise class b/c drugs ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am losing the war on this hangover:(

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I think it should be legalised.Could either raise the governments income or reduce taxes in other areas. The older generation would never approve so realistically your probably talking 20/30 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The industrial-scale grow houses are organised by Chinese Triad gangs who use enslaved labourers, usually Chinese or Vietnamese nationals, to tend to the plants.

Some of those arrested were working to pay off gambling debts or were recruited with the promise of payments of as little as €1,500 a month on delivery of their crop.

This sort of issue should be reported on more.
    I never heard of the Triad gangs in Ireland :confused:

And deportations to follow when they get this sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'll trade you the legalisation you wish if you allow me direct the judiciary to remove use/abuse of drugs/alcahol as an excuse or mitigating factor in any illegal behaviour.

i'll trade you the legalisation you wish if you allow me direct the judiciary to remove use/abuse of drugs/alcahol as an excuse or mitigating factor in any illegal behaviour.

I doubt you'd find many in favour of legalisation who wouldn't be in favour of that. Us people are generally very much in favour of personal responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Use or abuse of alcohol is not allowed as a mitigating factor in sentencing as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

mikemac1 wrote: »
    This sort of issue should be reported on more.
    I never heard of the Triad gangs in Ireland :confused:

And deportations to follow when they get this sorted

Its all happening in the Underworld :) You have to look down to see it :)

Use or abuse of alcohol is not allowed as a mitigating factor in sentencing as it is.

i did not know that!
    i did witness a chap in court who admitted to fighting in a chipper and resisting arrest get away scot free with a warning where as the next chap who was accused of not having current insurance on a new vehicle ( and produced evidence to say he had) get a 300 euro fine because he didn't have it displayed.
    my assumption had been that the judge allowed for the other lad being drunk.

i learn something new every day!

i did not know that!
    i did witness a chap in court who admitted to fighting in a chipper and resisting arrest get away scot free with a warning where as the next chap who was accused of not having current insurance on a new vehicle ( and produced evidence to say he had) get a 300 euro fine because he didn't have it displayed.
    my assumption had been that the judge allowed for the other lad being drunk.

i learn something new every day!

I hope he appealed as that sounds very harsh and would be unusual if you say what happened is true.

it's true realies, it was me!

i didn't even get the oppertunity to speak!

judge addressed the garda who told him all was in order i just hadn't got an insurance disk in the window as i hadn't got it yet
    then in a millisecond gavel strikes wood and i'm 300 euro poorer
    didn't even look at me
    im not small and was one of the few in a suit in the courtroom, the only one standing up!

i'm a tad bitter, reckon i should have gone in a tracksuit and said i was off me biccie at the time.....

i didn't appeal because i was guilty of non display, even though insured, and i really believe it wopuld have gone against me as there seems to be an attitude of "you know better" for ordinary decent people, and "what would you expect" for scum.

• Advertisement

judge addressed the garda who told him all was in order i just hadn't got an insurance disk in the window as i hadn't got it yet
    didn't even look at me
    im not small and was one of the few in a suit in the courtroom, the only one standing up!

i'm a tad bitter, reckon i should have gone in a tracksuit and said i was off me biccie at the time.....

:eek: And did you appeal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A "war" on drugs cannot be won. Look at Mexico ffs. The amount of drugs being smuggled around the world every day is just mind blowing. Those bales of coke that washed up in Cork were worth 440 mil and that was just one shipment! Imagine how much of the stuff is getting through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Legalising drugs is like a receipe for disaster. Take long-term marijuana smoking for example, does increasing tax stop them from smoking? No because it's addictive and this will apply to dangerous illegal drugs.

The only way to prevent big amount of drugs coming in is to increase the security strictness on the harbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Legalising drugs is like a receipe for disaster. Take long-term marijuana smoking for example, does increasing tax stop them from smoking? No because it's addictive and this will apply to dangerous illegal drugs.

The only way to prevent big amount of drugs coming in is to increase the security strictness on the harbours.

How will we pay for that? Would a dwindling supply not drive up prices and as a result drive up demand and profit motive thereby making dealers more desperate to control the market?? I love these quick fix solutions that people just throw up here without actually thinking them through.

If you bothered to read the article that is linked in the OP you would see that when a shipment is seized the repercussions for thousands of people are enormous from suicide, murder, severe beatings and massive debts on the families of those who are caught up in the black market economics of the drug trade.

Legalising drugs is like a recipe for disaster. Take long-term marijuana smoking for example, does increasing tax stop them from smoking? No because it's addictive and this will apply to dangerous illegal drugs.

The US and many other countries spend billions of dollars/pounds/rubles in there fight against drugs importation and even they admit there war on drugs is lost,New ways have to be introduced to combat the growing power drugs gangs are getting,Taking away the vast profits from the drug deals is one way that must be tried.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=us%20loese%20war%20on%20drugs&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEQQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2012%2F07%2F04%2Fbusiness%2Fin-rethinking-the-war-on-drugs-start-with-the-numbers.html%3Fpagewanted%3Dall&ei=d8GoULyvIoewhAe2s4HABQ&usg=AFQjCNEAWkVgznPEdfqTqKqf1vwh15Rdxw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

didn't even look at me

i didn't appeal because i was guilty of non display, even though insured, and i really believe it wopuld have gone against me as there seems to be an attitude of "you know better" for ordinary decent people, and "what would you expect" for scum.

Can't believe that went to court.
    Complete waste of time and money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

War on drugs is a waste of valuable time and money....

Management of drugs would be a lot better, set up drug shops/head shops and use the tax take to open drug addiction services right beside them.
    Im talking about weed on this one.^^

Weed shops are one thing but coke heroin no. Decriminalise it, set up places where junkies can get their fix in a clean safe environment, all the while blasting them with addiction services.
    This cuts down on hiv and other infectious diseases.... and some of these may start to use the services to get on the road to help.

All the above takes a lot of power from the dealers, it gives an extra injection of money for tax, and creates more employment with drug rehab centers.
    Ireland may become a much sought after tourist destination, bringing money in from abroad.....and of course these people will need to catered to as well.

Only problem is the friggin NIMBY brigade and their never ending crusades to do right by themselves and themselves only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Weed is not addictive...the person smoking it is....which is why I would like to see a drug rehab place beside every drug shop if it ever came to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

marajuana is hardly addictive. caffine is more physically addictive than marajuana. And it's not like marajuana smokers keep taking more and more until they're found overdosed in an alley surrounded by doritos.

Legalise it already. It'd take millions out of the hand of criminal organisations. And that money would go to private enterprise and also the government in the form of taxation. I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke marajuana because it's illegal. I haven't smoked in a while, but I know if I wanted some tonight I could get in contact with a few perfectly respectable people who would be able to procure some for me.
    It's sooo easy to get. And the mad thing is that it accounts for most of the drug money in the country. The number of people who have purchased/smoked it is well into the hundreds of thousands. And it's far more than cocaine or heroin. Legalising marajuana will remove so much money from the drug trade.

make it possible to obtain a growing licence and a retail licence. Also make it legal to own up to 6 plants at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

How long did it take them to figure this one out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

cup of tea wrote: »
    I think it should be legalised.Could either raise the governments income or reduce taxes in other areas. The older generation would never approve so realistically your probably talking 20/30 years

Do you think the "older generation" realise that gangland murders aren't just happening for the craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

This legalise drugs and tax it idea is not sensible. Cigarettes are legal and taxed but criminals sell untaxed cigarettes.
    If drugs are legalised criminals will supply untaxed drugs as they do now, but drugs will be more acceptable, it will be a bigger market with bigger turf wars with more guns.

The Gardai want more resources because they are losing the "war" on the "front line". The hospitals are underfunded, and look, we have people on trolleys.

Never ask a barber if you want a haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Weed/Hash is just as easy to get as ciggs and alcohol, i never though of it as illegal really (i know it is technically) but the amount of people who use it is insane and from my knowledge users aren't your typical criminal minded thieving junkie. Legalise it, see how it works. Its obvious the system we have in place now doesnt work so take a different approach.

kincsem wrote: »
    This legalise drugs and tax it idea is not sensible. Cigarettes are legal and taxed but criminals sell untaxed cigarettes.
    If drugs are legalised criminals will supply untaxed drugs as they do now, but drugs will be more acceptable, it will be a bigger market with bigger turf wars with more guns.

The Gardai want more resources because they are losing the "war" on the "front line". The hospitals are underfunded, and look, we have people on trolleys.

The government have reached a point of diminishing returns on cigarettes. The tax is TOO high.

Alcohol has been legal in the US for about 80 years now since prohibition yet you don't see bootleggers fighting over the moonshine market.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i for one would not like to see drugs legal ,i don't want to see 300 rehab centres set up across the country because we have decided to drop the law and contribute to the downfall of Irish society

i have children and don't want them exposed to this crap, imagine if weed was legal that's all you would smell when you walk around town if we sell it in shops..

i lived next door to someone who smoked weed all day, the smell inside my house was sicking, the smell would come into my children's bedroom,there room became un usable as the smell was so strong. thankfully i left, but this is what your up against, some people might be ok with this I'm not.

Drugs dealers will undercut the price and you will get more for you money, the drug dealers will always win.they will also benefit from the relaxed laws.

Every time these threads come up people say tax it, why introduce more drugs for the sake of money, its not as if we would ever see anything from tax, we will see tax increases and property taxes each year

I know my opinion wont go down well with the pro druggies, I'm not "backing up my facts" its just my opinion like or lump it.

not matter happens nobody will win the drug war with that said it doesnt mean we have to change our laws.

i await the back lash of my "joe Duffy brigade" view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Joe Duffy doesn't care

He interviewed Moore St sellers with their smuggled cigarettes and sure aren't times hard, trying to make a few pound, keep the wolf from the door.
    These are my little people, salt of da earth.

Didn't care much about head shops around Dublin
    But when one was near to Clontarf he let loose. Just won't do in leafy Clontarf, keep these shops to the inner city.

And that's what will happen here.

Go ahead and legalize it and the sellers will stay where they are

300 rehab centres around Ireland? They will all be in the very worst areas of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

If we don't even have abortion legalised or gay marriage, then I think it will be a very, very long time before we see the legalisation of weed here. We can hope, we can dream but I don't see it happening in my life time!

kincsem wrote: »

So, there are probably just shy of a million smokers in this country. But there are illegal cigarette imports too. maybe a percent or so of smokers buy illegally imported cigarettes from criminal gangs (We won't include someone who brings back a carton of smokes and sells them to a friend. It might be illegal, but it's hardly supporting a criminal gang or contributing to gangland crime).

If I get this right, your idea is that legalising marajuana won't solve the problem because cigarettes are currently sold illegally.
    Think of it this way. If tobacco were made illegal, the same way marajuana is, then that would be a million smokers all paying money to criminal gangs for tobacco. That would amount to billions of euros per year all going to criminal gangs.

So you're right, there's absolutely no difference between legalising tobacco or not. The same as there's no difference between legalising marajuana or not.

For what it's worth, I hardly smoke marajuana. But if I did, I'd still walk into a shop and buy some rather than hanging around a street corner trying to save a fiver and buy off some shady guy.

I know my opinion wont go down well with the pro druggies, I'm not "backing up my facts" its just my opinion like or lump it.

God damn facts always ruin a good opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

i for one would not like to see drugs legal ,i don't want to see 300 rehab centres set up across the country because we have decided to drop the law and contribute to the downfall of Irish society

i have children and don't want them exposed to this crap, imagine if weed was legal that's all you would smell when you walk around town if we sell it in shops..

i lived next door to someone who smoked weed all day, the smell inside my house was sicking, the smell would come into my children's bedroom,there room became un usable as the smell was so strong. thankfully i left, but this is what your up against, some people might be ok with this I'm not.

Drugs dealers will undercut the price and you will get more for you money, the drug dealers will always win.they will also benefit from the relaxed laws.

Every time these threads come up people say tax it, why introduce more drugs for the sake of money, its not as if we would ever see anything from tax, we will see tax increases and property taxes each year

not matter happens nobody will win the drug war with that said it doesnt mean we have to change our laws.

i await the back lash of my "joe Duffy brigade" view

Yeah, I mean why bother doing something silly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I wonder could you point to somewhere this approach has worked, it certainly has been tried the US this year has spent well over $30,000,000,000 on the war on drugs and they are far from a drug free societie.

I would argue that that money would be better spent educating people as to the effects of drugs, good and bad and providing treatment for those people who are suffering negative effects from drug use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Grayson wrote: »

God damn facts always ruin a good opinion.

He's right though. People seem to labour under the impression that legalising the cannabis market would be easy because they have this deluded impression that cannabis users are all basically easy going people who want to relax.

The reality would be quite different though. First you have the issue of licensing and sourcing imports. Where do you get it from? How do you ensure you are not funding crime in another country because you can be sure they won't appreciate it if you are. Maybe we should focus domestic production? Do you let people grow as much as they want or do you licence large scale production. How would you secure such a large growing facility from interference or theft? Who distributes the stuff? Chemists? Off licences? Anyone? What limits do you put on distribution? Will you tax it? At what rate? How do you get customers away from the dealers? How do you protect the legitimate sellers from the dealers who want to protect their income?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The Gardai were fighting a war on drugs ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Gardai were fighting a war on drugs ?:confused:

My thoughts exactly.

When was this war declared and who declared it?

I thought the guards were involved in policing, not fighting wars. :confused:

Does that mean convicted dealers are PoWs? :confused:

MagicSean wrote: »
    He's right though.People seem to labour under the impression that legalising the cannabis market would be easy because they have this deluded impression that cannabis users are all basically easy going people who want to relax.

The reality would be quite different though. First you have the issue of licensing and sourcing imports. Where do you get it from? How do you ensure you are not funding crime in another country because you can be sure they won't appreciate it if you are. Maybe we should focus domestic production? Do you let people grow as much as they want or do you licence large scale production. How would you secure such a large growing facility from interference or theft? Who distributes the stuff? Chemists? Off licences? Anyone? What limits do you put on distribution? Will you tax it? At what rate? How do you get customers away from the dealers? How do you protect the legitimate sellers from the dealers who want to protect their income?

You'll find a lot of answers to your questions here.
    There is a growing recognition around the world that the prohibition of drugs is a counterproductive failure. However, a major barrier to drug law reform has been a widespread fear of the unknown – just what could a post-prohibition regime look like?

For the first time, 'After the War on Drugs: Blueprint for Regulation' answers that question by proposing specific models of regulation for each main type and preparation of prohibited drug, coupled with the principles and rationale for doing so.

We demonstrate that moving to the legal regulation of drugs is not an unthinkable, politically impossible step in the dark, but a sensible, pragmatic approach to control drug production, supply and use.

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/blueprint%20download.htm

Also -

Uruguay are considering legislation at the moment to regulate their cannabis market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/14/us-uruguay-marijuana-idUSBRE8AD1Q520121114

MagicSean wrote: »
    He's right though. People seem to labour under the impression that legalising the cannabis market would be easy because they have this deluded impression that cannabis users are all basically easy going people who want to relax.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

.......i lived next door to someone who smoked weed all day, the smell inside my house was sicking, the smell would come into my children's bedroom,there room became un usable as the smell was so strong. thankfully i left, but this is what your up against, some people might be ok with this I'm not......

I'm struggling to understand how this situation is possible. Were they smoking outdoors - underneath your children's bedroom window? Even if they were, I still find it difficult to believe the smell became so strong the room became unusable.

Were they smoking it without tobacco? Or was part of the smell that 'invaded' the room tobacco smoke? When my neighbours smoke cigarettes in their house, I can smell it through the hotpress in my bathroom, so I understand that tobacco smoke is very capable of travelling but even then it doesn't go any futher into the house - it certaintly doesn't render rooms in my house unusable. Grass smoke smell, while strong, doesn't linger as long or build up as bad a smell as cigarette smoke does - though, admittedly, I love the smell of grass, and clearly you don't, but still, grass, when smoked without tobacco, doesn't create as much smoke in the air as cigarettes do. I wonder was there a smell of tobacco permeating your children's bedroom as well, or did you not mind that part?

Just trying to understand the situation as it makes no sense to me when I read your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Perhaps this means they have finally acknowledged that Ireland has a rampant, out of control hard drug problem (not saying soft drugs aren't a problem either). Allah bloddy leuya.

Now, if they had any sense they would take a step back and appoint a sensible, proven successful approach to arresting, addressing, preventing the problem. There must be somewhere, somehow this can be done. Bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I have a solution, all you middle class kids stop buying your pills and coke from the local dealer. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I am a pilot of a drugs plane....... and I approve this message.

Spiritual wrote: »
    I have a solution, all you middle class kids stop buying your pills and coke from the local dealer. Simple.

Genius.... I wonder has anyone come up with something so brilliantly simple, snappy and effective.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Say_No

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Sometimes the solutions staring you right in the face, brilliant. Call Joe tomorrow, he'll be sure to get the word out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Meanwhile in the evolving world..........
    State legislators in Rhode Island and Maine will announce bills tomorrow to legalize recreational marijuana, a spokesperson for the Marijuana Policy Project announced today. Rhode Island Rep. Edith Ajello and Maine Rep. Diane Russell will hold a conference call tomorrow with the Marijuana Policy Project to announce the legislation.
    MPP says that "similar proposals will be submitted in at least two other states — Vermont and Massachusetts." A ballot iniative legalizing medical marijuana passed in Massachusetts last week with more than 60 percent of the vote. Maine voters voted to expand the state's 1999 medical marijuana law in 2009 to include dispensaries.
    http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/14/st...-island-and-ma

bedrock#1 wrote: »
    Genius.... I wonder has anyone come up with something so brilliantly simple, snappy and effective.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Say_No
    Yamanoto wrote: »
    Sometimes the solutions staring you right in the face, brilliant. Call Joe tomorrow, he'll be sure to get the word out.

Sometimes the obvious just stares you in the face.
    I find great hilarity in the number of wage slaves that will line up to collect their pills and coke every weekend and seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that they are feeding the illegal drug industry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A "war" on drugs cannot be won. Look at Mexico ffs.
    The number of people killed in the drugs wars in Mexico over the last six years has exceeded US military deaths in Vietnam.

The number of people killed in the drugs wars in Mexico over the last six years has exceeded US military deaths in Vietnam.

Deaths of US military or deaths caused by US military as I am speculating that the numbers would be very different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

It's simple really, people will only stop doing drugs when doing drugs stops being fun. Which will be never. I would totally be for the legalisation of cannabis and MDMA, they are relatively harmless. I dont think the likes of cocaine and heroin etc should ever be legally available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I find great hilarity in the number of wage slaves that will line up to collect their pills and coke every weekend and seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that they are feeding the illegal drug industry.

Lucky I buy my weed off a mate who grows his own then, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand how this situation is possible. Were they smoking outdoors - underneath your children's bedroom window? Even if they were, I still find it difficult to believe the smell became so strong the room became unusable.

Were they smoking it without tobacco? Or was part of the smell that 'invaded' the room tobacco smoke? When my neighbours smoke cigarettes in their house, I can smell it through the hotpress in my bathroom, so I understand that tobacco smoke is very capable of travelling but even then it doesn't go any futher into the house - it certaintly doesn't render rooms in my house unusable. Grass smoke smell, while strong, doesn't linger as long or build up as bad a smell as cigarette smoke does - though, admittedly, I love the smell of grass, and clearly you don't, but still, grass, when smoked without tobacco, doesn't create as much smoke in the air as cigarettes do. I wonder was there a smell of tobacco permeating your children's bedroom as well, or did you not mind that part?

Just trying to understand the situation as it makes no sense to me when I read your post.

they where smoking in there bedroom next to my childrens, the houses were built in 2007 so i say that plays a part, it was defo weed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

By wage slaves I presume you are referring to tax paying workers?? So how about this radical idea.........instead of penalising these tax paying members of society for feeding tbr illegal drug industry we make it legal and they stop bring criminals, they keep working and things continue as they were.

Well except for the criminal gangs who will now see a severe drop in income. Unless of course you want the criminal gangs to keep making millions in untaxed income?

The demand will never go away. When anti drug folks stsrt to realise this the better. So it's up to us as a society to decide how this demand is administered, either by gun carrying murdering track suit dwelling scumholes or by the scumholes in the government!! One supplies hangs with guns, money and power. The other makes money for society through taxes!!

Better tbr devil you know eh!!

Lucky I buy my weed off a mate who grows his own then, isn't it?

It is. The extra income your mate gets and passes onto the revenue is always a good thing.
    frag420 wrote: »
    By wage slaves I presume you are referring to tax paying workers?? So how about this radical idea.........instead of penalising these tax paying members of society for feeding tbr illegal drug industry we make it legal and they stop bring criminals, they keep working and things continue as they were.

Well except for the criminal gangs who will now see a severe drop in income. Unless of course you want the criminal gangs to keep making millions in untaxed income?

The demand will never go away. When anti drug folks stsrt to realise this the better. So it's up to us as a society to decide how this demand is administered, either by gun carrying murdering track suit dwelling scumholes or by the scumholes in the government!! One supplies hangs with guns, money and power. The other makes money for society through taxes!!

Better tbr devil you know eh!!

I have always been in favour of legalising drugs though I am still to be convinced that the long term affects to society will be anything but negative.

We are a society that still can't use alcohol responsibly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement