Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tyres

Options
  • 24-07-2011 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Need some new car tyres and am on a budget, where should I go for the most reasonable price in N.Dublin , fastfit or atlas ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Need some new car tyres and am on a budget, where should I go for the most reasonable price in N.Dublin , fastfit or atlas ......

Atlas will endevor to match or beat any written quote for e approved tyres from another Irish retailer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Not too sure about what recent prices are like but would they try and match online prices?

Sadly the tyres I use aren't ruddy well stocked in the UK or Ireland so I'm biased towards recommending online. They have a system that works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

I'm not interested in getting them to match another price,I just want the job done in the morning .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

bbk wrote: »
    Not too sure about what recent prices are like but would they try and match online prices?

Sadly the tyres I use aren't ruddy well stocked in the UK or Ireland so I'm biased towards recommending online. They have a system that works well.

The problem with online prices is that thay are coming from countries with different retail prices, vat rates etc so it sometimes just isn't possible to match them but I'm sure they would try:)

Also remember that with online prices you then have to pay someone to fit and balance then here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

If budget is your priority use tyreland in glasnevin. Got four continental tyres there last year for €48 a corner. As good as max thread.

Great bargain I'll be using them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I use Edwin Keane in Saggart, usually quite reasonable and good amount of stock...

pippip wrote: »
    If budget is your priority use tyreland in glasnevin. Got four continental tyres there last year for €48 a corner. As good as max thread.

Great bargain I'll be using them again

Cheers for that!
    Got 2 continental tyres for 86 euro (grade A -max thread) , a splendid bargain I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

bbk wrote: »

No offence but wouldn't you be better off just getting tyres that are readily available here? There are plenty of decent tyres and no offence but I don't think you need anything special on a 90bhp 13 year old diesel golf surely?

If you ever get a nail in the sidewall etc you will have to wait a few days to get a replacement buying off eiretyres as you seem to be alluding to.

Don't get me wrong, I get mine on camskill too but I get tyres that my local places will stock/order in for next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

PaulKK wrote: »
    No offence but wouldn't you be better off just getting tyres that are readily available here? There are plenty of decent tyres and no offence but I don't think you need anything special on a 90bhp 13 year old diesel golf surely?

If you ever get a nail in the sidewall etc you will have to wait a few days to get a replacement buying off eiretyres as you seem to be alluding to.

Don't get me wrong, I get mine on camskill too but I get tyres that my local places will stock/order in for next day.

He may drive a Golf but don't call him Shirley;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

PaulKK wrote: »
    There are plenty of decent tyres and no offence but I don't think you need anything special on a 90bhp 13 year old diesel golf surely?

Everyone drives on the same roads,in the same weather with the same idiots around.I'd never complain about anyone spending "too much" on a set of tyres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Everyone drives on the same roads,in the same weather with the same idiots around.I'd never complain about anyone spending "too much" on a set of tyres

I never said he spent "too much", I was just wondering why he is ordering some tyres that cannot be bought here or in the UK, when there are plenty of excellent tyres available here at good prices.

I would be the first person to suggest buying good tyres, you don't need to tell me that, I spend about 600 quid a year on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Cheers for that!
    Got 2 continental tyres for 86 euro (grade A -max thread) , a splendid bargain I must say.

Cool, glad to hear you got them sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

Scappy? where in Ireland did you get 2 Continental for €86? need some badly

Scappy? where in Ireland did you get 2 Continental for €86? need some badly

Tyreland in glasnevin industrial estate

Advertisement