Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No way van Persie remains captain if he stays. Sagna is probably the man for the job right now with Wilshere looking the most likely in a few years time.

I'd put my money with Vermaelen!

dvemail wrote: »
    Can't find an actual link but Enzo Maresca of Malaga has apparently confirmed that they have had to sell Cazorla and Rondon.
    Looking likely to be conformed tomorrow now hopefully.

Heard that alright.

Julio Baptista(of Malaga) just tweeted that he'd miss both Rondon and Cazorla so I'm pretty sure that it's a done deal. Announcement tomorrow maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

I'd put my money with Vermaelen!

Agreed, I could see it when they purchased him originally. Great experience as captain with Ajax and he has the right attitude. Sagna would also make a great captain, I actually completely forgot about him.

Lead from the back and give it to someone that deserves it and not for fear of losing them!

Has anymore been said about Song? Especially with the Barce game last night. Or is it just wind from his agent(s).

Heard that alright.

Julio Baptista(of Malaga) just tweeted that he'd miss both Rondon and Cazorla so I'm pretty sure that it's a done deal. Announcement tomorrow maybe?

Jasus im sure they wont miss him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

RVP stays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,263 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RVP stays!

Link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RVP stays!

For his last year or with a new contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sahin deal done it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

RVP stays!

You can't just say that without some proof!

• Advertisement

Sahin deal done it seems

Or that.

Sahin deal done it seems

Or that.

Been reported in turkey all day but supposedly that's wasn't reliable
    But been reported in Spain tonight

Can't wait two weeks for the start. Can we not start early ?

Can't wait two weeks for the start. Can we not start early ?

I can't wait for cologne next week we should see all the new boys then

Is it on t.v.?
    Great to see Arsenal supporter Mo Farah winning Gold too. Lovely man.

Is it on t.v.?
    Great to see Arsenal supporter Mo Farah winning Gold too. Lovely man.

ESPN I think everyone should get a run out

• Advertisement

Mancini said that he's out of the hunt for RvP.

I have to say I'll be a little sick if he lines up for ManYoo next season, which is what the papers seem to be running with :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Van Persie would be mad to go to United imo. Can't see him being able to play in the same team as Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I rather keep him than sell him for 15m it should be at least 20

yeah if sold you'd want as much as possible but in that scenario i said before what'd be the best option or what would the club/wenger think is the best option then.

does wenger want to keep him as he feel's that if he stays they could challenge or win something then hope he'll sign a new contract, probably

or the board - maybe even wenger as he said he'll do what right for the club, but i'd go with the above - view 15mil at that stage to much to turn down, no matter what it could possibly bring - a trophy, CL qualification again (participation was worth €28mil to them from last season) etc.

he's free to sign a pre contract in january, would he do this even if arsenal are top of the league & through in the CL? who knows, but you'd feel he definitely would if arsenal are 4-7th or anyway off the leaders at all

EDIT: just seeing the posts city being out of the race to sign him, and reading stories about fergie staying home from norway to make the deal

ESPN I think everyone should get a run out

you'd think what will start there will be close to the line up against sunderland,

i think wenger was trying to organise another game too behind closed doors but can't & it's going to be against themselves - reserves - now for the guys who didn't go to asia & the new players

greendom wrote: »
    For his last year or with a new contract ?

I really can't see a new contract being signed unless he has Max Clifford as his agent. He'll either go (which I'm more inclined to think) or wait for the bosman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Fifa.com seem to confirm Arsenals signing of Cazorla. See bottom of the article.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1675878.html

pandaboy wrote: »
    I really can't see a new contract being signed unless he has Max Clifford as his agent. He'll either go (which I'm more inclined to think) or wait for the bosman.

Me either I was hoping Jonnymendoza would flesh out his post a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Fifa.com seem to confirm Arsenals signing of Cazorla. See bottom of the article.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1675878.html

That's not an official FIFA article, it's coming from AFP news agency. Official Arsenal site is the only one you can trust 100%. Having said that it's looking more and more likely. Hopefully it will be announced tomorrow!

That's not an official FIFA article, it's coming from AFP news agency. Official Arsenal site is the only one you can trust 100%. Having said that it's looking more and more likely. Hopefully it will be announced tomorrow!

Agence France Press is pretty reliable I would have thought.

Agence France Press is pretty reliable I would have thought.

True but it's just not that it's FIFA officially confirming that the player has been registered as an Arsenal player, as may be construed from the article being on their website. I'm very confident now as all the signs are pointing towards it but we don't want another Mata.

Me either I was hoping Jonnymendoza would flesh out his post a little.

probably getting it from this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-skipper-robin-van-persie-1218984 there's a load of stories with it, google arsenal & filter to news it's the third block of stories
    By Steve Stammers 40 Comments 4 Aug 2012 23:01
    RvP U-turn! Robin van Persie now wants to STAY at Arsenal as Gunners eye £7m move for Ajax star

Van Persie’s complaints about Arsenal failing to buy at the top end of the transfer market have been silenced as Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla have been brought in

Robin van Persie is set to make a dramatic U-turn and stay at the Emirates.

Arsenal’s star striker made it clear at the start of the summer that he wanted to move on because of the club’s lack of ­ambition.

Arsene Wenger ordered van Persie to stay at home and miss Arsenal’s tour of the Far East.

But, significantly, the ­Dutchman, who is 29 on Monday, will be part of the Arsenal party that heads to Germany on his birthday.

Club insiders believe van ­Persie, who has a year remaining on his contract, now wants to stay.

The next challenge will be for the club to table a contract that gets him to commit to the club for the long term.

The summer ­signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud, as well as the ­imminent arrival of Spain ­international Santiago Cazorla, in a £9million deal from Malaga, have impressed the captain.

We asked La Liga expert David Cartlidge what Arsenal fans can expect from Cazorla. Click here to read his scouting report on the Spain man.

There is also the prospect of Holland team-mate ­Gregory van der Wiel ­arriving for £7million.

Van der Wiel also has one year left on his ­contract at Ajax and the Dutch champions are ­anxious to cash in rather than lose him on a free next summer.

Van der Wiel hopes to join the Gunners, but Newcastle have ­tabled a £10m double bid for the Dutch right-back and Ajax ­midfielder Vernun Anita.

Ajax hope to hang on to Anita but the Toon interest will force Arsenal into action. Van Persie’s complaints about Arsenal failing to buy at the top end of the transfer market have been silenced.

Wenger is insistent that his star marksman will not leave for less than £30m – and bids from the three clubs keen to sign the Footballer of the Year have fallen well short of that figure.

Manchester City, ­Manchester United and Juventus have all lodged offers of around £15m.

Van Persie is believed to prefer a move to Old Trafford but accepts if the clubs can’t settle on a fee he would rather concentrate on ­rebuilding his Arsenal career.

So Van Persie now looks certain to start the season as an Arsenal player – and if the season goes as he hopes, he will re-assess his long-term position by January.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    probably getting it from this http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-skipper-robin-van-persie-1218984 there's a load of stories with it, google arsenal & filter to news it's the third block of stories

That's your best post in weeks Batty :D
    Hope we keep signing but we need to ship out some lads soon (not Song).

How many twists and turns have the Mirror gone through with the RVP situation? Tis as bad as fecking Twitter!

Cazorla, as rumoured by ArseBlog, is supposed to be made official tomorrow. I really don't know what to think of the possible Sahin deal though. With Utd interested, or so it seems, he'd probably most definitely would make the move there, especially if it's a permanent deal. Why go on loan and then return to Real to force your way back in to the team again, if the opportunity is still there that is.

Any more info on Van der Weil? He would be a pretty decent acquisition and could possibly adapt to a defensive midfield position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I really don't know what to think of the possible Sahin deal though. With Utd interested, or so it seems, he'd probably most definitely would make the move there, especially if it's a permanent deal. Why go on loan and then return to Real to force your way back in to the team again, if the opportunity is still there that is.

I think wages will play a part in it. United probably wont offer him what he's on at Madrid (since they are being frugal and trying cut costs) a loan to us where we pay a percentage and Madrid pay a percentage would be lucrative for him and get him some good playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

OK its Monday. Has Cazorla been announced yet?

• Advertisement

The Cazorla thing has been taken off the Fifa website now. Lolz. :pac:
    Good god.

I think wages will play a part in it. United probably wont offer him what he's on at Madrid (since they are being frugal and trying cut costs) a loan to us where we pay a percentage and Madrid pay a percentage would be lucrative for him and get him some good playing time.

Yeah, to be fair to Utd, they are frugal when it comes to younger talent & wages. Welbeck, afaik was on 15K a week for most of last season. I thought that Madrid weren't too keen on paying a percentage of his wages? Also, where will he play? Will he be pushed into a central position?

I wonder has Wenger hung on to any stem cells belonging to Gilberto? He would be a perfect addition to the squad right now. Clone him asap and we'll have the cover for song.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where's the Cazorla announcement dammit!?!? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I've been flicking between this and arsenal.com all day for this damn announcement, gimme something!

Jesus lads relax cazorla is done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

If I remember correctly, you said the same thing about M'vila too.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you said the same thing about M'vila too.

This one is done

Where's your PROOF?!! I need to know........lol (jk)

I don't think I've seen as much excitement for a transfer season in while, last year's was exciting until the players we were near signing pretty much signed for another team.

I'm more primed for when we get the full squad out against Cologne. Sunday is just too far away for that.

This is merely a hypothetical question but what would ye think if we signed Davide Santon from Newcastle? He had a fairly strong season with them and was extremely solid underage for Inter & Italy. For his age I think he could be ranked as one of the best full backs in the EPL. Go to 0.26 for actual football and I recommend muting the ****e music as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm still expecting City, United, Chelsea or Spurs to swoop in and nab him, I'm convinced the only reason it hasn't happened yet is they haven't noticed we're trying to buy him :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

This is merely a hypothetical question but what would ye think if we signed Davide Santon from Newcastle? He had a fairly strong season with them and was extremely solid underage for Inter & Italy. For his age I think he could be ranked as one of the best full backs in the EPL. Go to 0.26 for actual football and I recommend muting the ****e music as well.
    I've always rated Santon as a real prospect. His career went off the rails a bit towards the end at Inter (injury, lack of form and probably too young to handle the hero to zero) but he's got his head together at Newcastle and seems to be on the way up again

In terms of ability there's no question that he'd add to the team. Whether or not someone with a fragile mentality would thrive on the Arsenal rollercoaster though...

Gnarby going to Germany

Gnarby going to Germany

On loan or transfer? He's excelled so much in the last year it'd be an utter waste to let him go so soon. (On a transfer)

Especially after this

Gnabry signs pro contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

On loan or transfer? He's excelled so much in the last year it'd be an utter waste to let him go so soon. (On a transfer)

Especially after this

No, he's on the Arsenal first team to play Cologne.

Gnarby going to Germany

Especially after this

Sorry he is going for the week training camp
    He could have a breakthrough season next year like wilshere did he is that good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

batistuta9 wrote: »

EDIT: just seeing the posts city being out of the race to sign him, and reading stories about fergie staying home from norway to make the deal

Fergie's stayed home to sort out the Brazilian kid's transfer to them. Hopefully the next Denilson :pac:

• Advertisement

No, he's on the Arsenal first team to play Cologne.
    Sorry he is going for the week training camp
    He could have a breakthrough season next year like wilshere did he is that good

Jaysus lads ye could see my insecurities there! Losing too many good players. Haha, can't believe I didn't cop it was Cologne. Fair fecks to him. He's gotten a lot bigger as since last year.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Fergie's stayed home to sort out the Brazilian kid's transfer to them. Hopefully the next Denilson :pac:

Rumour has it, Moura's going to PSG in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Enjoyed this video, nice to see the banter between the lads.

Video

So very close http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19086404

Apparently he's in Germany with the team and all:pac:

[edit] Below 15m too? Unreal bit of business

So very close http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19086404

Apparently he's in Germany with the team and all:pac:

RVP there too looks like he might start the season with us

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement