Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grooming-Is this a good quote?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

hi just got a quote off a local groomer for our dog

she said a grooming session which includes wash, brush, trim, glands, cleaning of teeth/eyes/ears and trimming of claws for 80 euro

its my first time to all this so dont know if thats expensive or reasonable...cheers for any help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

she said a grooming session which includes wash, brush, trim, glands, cleaning of teeth/eyes/ears and trimming of claws for 80 euro

its my first time to all this so dont know if thats expensive or reasonable...cheers for any help:)

What kind of dog? Seems alot but really depens on the dog i pay 45 fpr my schnauzer and 35 for my yorkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

well to me it is,I have 4 shih-tzus who need a lot of grooming and they get done 4 times a year I get different cutting styles for them their nails are done ears cleaned bottom done 30euro each and come out smelling of roses:) Some dogs are bigger and depends on what you want done Max she charges is 40euro I have used her for years.80 euro is a bit ott in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Again what Sophie asked? What breed,if its a breed? The amount of work=the price you'll pay even if its not a breed.

Id expect to pay ~€30-50 (small); (40-60) medium; €60+ for large and very matted dogs regardless of breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

where?...what dog?

does groomer have certs?... member of ipdga??

sounds like a lot. most i ever paid was 65e for fully grown boxer....18 months ago....prices have come down.

Hmm after reading oven again i see its only a tirm and not a cut... That does seem like alot! My guys get the whole nine yards for the price we pay..!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Suppose it depends on the breed but it does seem very expensive to me. I pay 35-40 for my Yorkies. Even when we got Oz, he was just a ball of matts and it was the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I think this dog is a Samoyed so 80 could be about right as it would take a good while to wash and then dry them after apart from the actual grooming, styling and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I got my dogs groomed a while back.
    The groomer asked me did i want the standard cocker spaniel cut.
    I said ye. When i called back i found my two shaved to within an inch of their lives. Everywhere was shaved, ears, legs, belly, tail.They were destroyed! i left 90euro out of pocket. When i came around to doing it again, i went out and bought all the equipment and reseached the grooming on the net and did it myself for 80Euro and now free for ever more. Extemely enjoyable and a great way to bond with your dogs, they love it.

for a Samoyed 80 euro would be right double the price of my schnauzer and double the size!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I pay about 60ish for a 10 month old Akita to have the full works, it's alot of dog to wash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

We pay 35 euro for the whole works on our shih tzu.;) Great job too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

thanks for all the replies guys really appreciate it

he is a samoyed and had NEVER been groomed in the 7 years the last people had him so he is in a bad state and need of a good sorting out

as i said im clueless and new to all this so wasnt sure about the quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

thanks for all the replies guys really appreciate it

he is a samoyed and had NEVER been groomed in the 7 years the last people had him so he is in a bad state and need of a good sorting out

as i said im clueless and new to all this so wasnt sure about the quote

Where are you living btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

near gorey/enniscorthy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That sounds about right, in fact I think that's quite good value, if your Samoyed has never been groomed in 7 years, imaging all the knots and matting that would be hidden under the fur! I pay €45 for a cocker spaniel and she gets groomed 3/4 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

costs 50 euro for my bichon,wash,cut,anal glands,nails and ears

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If there's a lot of work to be done on him then €80 would be ok esp. if he gets everything done incl. his coat. It's usually based on how much work is to be done and how much time it will take my small dog has long hair in places so is sometimes dearer than having my short haired border collie done but in general it's anything from €30 to €45 but thats for a good brush, wash, dry, nails&glands. They don't take more than an hour but I'd say a Samoyed like that would need a lot lot longer so it sounds fine.
    You probably wouldn't have to pay that everytime you go, once he's sorted the groomer will probably advise you on how to keep the coat in good nick and then he might only have to go back for the odd brush our or wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

i would ring around a few places and get quotes, i then would try and get a few people that have used these places and see what they say. i have heard some horror stories and yrs a go brought one of my dogs to get groomed and OMG what a state, never again would i leave a dog in to be groomed just going by the cheapiest price. i would always get refs. i only use one place now as im very happy with the groomer. A good groomer should always listen to what u want for the dog, and should discuss all the issues of grooming

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nyberg

Cocker Spaniel, the full works 30 euro.

Advertisement