Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym near Maynooth?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm starting work in Leixlip at the end of the month and im going to be staying in Maynooth.
    Is there any MMA gyms around that area that anyone can recommend?
    I'm not a complete beginner to the sport so I'm looking for a good club with good coaches.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Donal199 wrote: »
    I'm starting work in Leixlip at the end of the month and im going to be staying in Maynooth.
    Is there any MMA gyms around that area that anyone can recommend?
    I'm not a complete beginner to the sport so I'm looking for a good club with good coaches.
    Thanks!

Lucan mma maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Donal199

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Lucan mma maybe.

Are they still open? Looked online and couldn't find much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Donal199 wrote: »
    Are they still open? Looked online and couldn't find much

Try Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Based in Cherry Orchard now.
    I'm toying with the idea of joining, not as far a drive as I thought (I'm in Maynooth too)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Donal199

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Based in Cherry Orchard now.
    I'm toying with the idea of joining, not as far a drive as I thought (I'm in Maynooth too)

Thanks Tazzimus ill check it out tomorrow.
    I went down down to SBG in Rathcoole earlier, nice place but a pain to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 grey_area

Didn't want to open a new thread so thought I'd ask here: Is there any up to date list of active MMA/Bjj clubs in Dublin? I am looking for something around Stillorgan/Blackrock. I know of SBG Blackrock and Gracie Barra Dundrum, but are there others that I can consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Alphac

grey_area wrote: »
    Didn't want to open a new thread so thought I'd ask here: Is there any up to date list of active MMA/Bjj clubs in Dublin? I am looking for something around Stillorgan/Blackrock. I know of SBG Blackrock and Gracie Barra Dundrum, but are there others that I can consider?

Hi Grey;

There's East Coast Jiu Jitsu Academy in Monkstown, they offer 30 day free trial.
    Great place, top notch bjj coaches - strongly recommend you try even one class - I'll bet you come back for more!

GB in Dundrum is one of the best too, think they offer free classes to start you off. Also top level coaches.

Good luck,
    Al.

Advertisement