Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night: Adelaide

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

At the end of the third it shoud have been stopped.

When it wasnt, his corner should have saved him from all those repeated blows to the head by saving he has had enough. They were just hoping he would connect with something but he was out on his feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hunt by Submission
    Most certainly time for Mark Hunt to call it quits. He was swinging at air most of that fight, doesn't have the size or fitness for these big guys, too slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Miocic had 361 total strikes whereas Hunt had 46....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Miocic by Submission
    Disgraceful that the Miocic vs Hunt fight wasn't stopped earlier. Shocking stuff from both the ref and Hunt's corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fighters are generally given more of a chance if they're known as the tough guy with potential to come back, so they're more liable to take a horrible beating. Add that with all the crowd shouting for Hunt and you had last night's fiasco. Sheer incompetence by the ref, doctor and cornermen. It looked very bad for the sport, he looked like he was going to fall over when we got off his stool at the end of the 5th, completely devoid of any energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Fighters are generally given more of a chance if they're known as the tough guy with potential to come back, so they're more liable to take a horrible beating. Add that with all the crowd shouting for Hunt and you had last night's fiasco. Sheer incompetence by the ref, doctor and cornermen. It looked very bad for the sport, he looked like he was going to fall over when we got off his stool at the end of the 5th, completely devoid of any energy.

I can never understand these fat fighters and why they won't lose weight. Sure they've done ok in the division but they should be fighting smaller guys and lhw or mw. If you stripped the fat off nelson and hunt then there probably both true middleweights. They shouldn't be getting hit by 265 pounds of muscle. And yes I do know that both guys have knocked out huge hw opponents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Enjoyable card but christ on a bike, the ref was about to stop Hunt from getting pulverised in the 3rd round but backed out. Shouldn't have gone beyond that. Very depressing watching a fighter take that sort of beating.

Sam Alvey and Whittaker were incredible. I'd love that match up.... at UFC 189. ;)

Alex Chambers is everything you love about MMA. Takes an absolute thrashing but still trys to find a way to win and did it late on. Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The ref for the main event was John Sharpe. Well known at in MMA circles, even grassroots. (He was the offical who patted me down before my first fight)
    He's also be a reasonable friendly with Mark Hunt. I'd like to think he'd always be objective in the octagon, but I can't help but think his decision to let it continue was partially emotionally influenced yesterday.
    he was the ref for Hunt v Bigfoot also.

Alex Chambers is a good fighter, and a nice person. But she is too small for 115lbs. Was atomweight before TUF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I can never understand these fat fighters and why they won't lose weight. Sure they've done ok in the division but they should be fighting smaller guys and lhw or mw. If you stripped the fat off nelson and hunt then there probably both true middleweights. They shouldn't be getting hit by 265 pounds of muscle. And yes I do know that both guys have knocked out huge hw opponents

Isn't hunt from smaon descent, iirc being fat is a sign of wealth in that culture. could have something to do with it

Isn't hunt from smaon descent, iirc being fat is a sign of wealth in that culture. could have something to do with it

It's a culture alright. Doesn't make it right though. He's a professional athlete and should act like one

Tbh I think he just likes his food too.

Mellor wrote: »
    Tbh I think he just likes his food too.

We all like our food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Well he really likes it

Well he really likes it

You should have put really in block capitals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Only got around to watching the prelims this morning. Finally know how to pronounce Nguyen :)

Advertisement