Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston SSD V+100 96GB Solid State Drive - €109 (delivered) @ Amazon

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Mid range SSD performance but (even that is) worlds better than regular hard disk drives at most tasks. This price makes it, pretty much, the best capacity per euro you can get in the SSD market at the moment. [Link]

Ebuyer have it for the same price but don't deliver to Eire.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

ebuyer do deliver. Thx for the link anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

hare05 wrote: »
    ebuyer do deliver. Thx for the link anyhow.

Unless Ebuyer have reversed their decision from earlier this year to no longer deliver to Ireland then no they don't. Do you know if they have or have you managed to get any Ebuyer orders delivered here recently?

Thanks for the link OP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, eBuyer definitely don't delivery here anymore (i had 2 horrific experiences with them so not pushed anyways).

Fantastic price for this SSD.. ta Fnz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Would this work in my PS3?

moz wrote: »
    Would this work in my PS3?

Apparently yes based on some of the links here. It may have some speed benefits even for the PS3.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=ps3+ssd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,912 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Keep an eye on the MemoryC website.

It's an Irish company based in Celbridge, Co. Kildare. They ship for free. I got a 60GB solid state SATA drive off them a few weeks ago for €70

I buy all my memory, drives etc. from them and find them excellent to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ebuyer do deliver.

You're not the only person I've heard say that recently. Might be some confluence of factors that means some folk can, inadvertently, 'trick' Ebuyer's system.

Fnz wrote: »
    You're not the only person I've heard say that recently. Might be some confluence of factors that means some folk can, inadvertently, 'trick' Ebuyer's system.

If you can let us know. I used to love Ebuyer. Delivery was quick and generally trouble free. Well apart from one time I got 5 1Tb disks shipped basically rolling around the box with nothing but 1(!) sheet of paper to protect them. Needless to say all 5 were goners.. No problems with returns either.

By the way Unkel if you do see any 60Gb for that price post them up as a bargain alert. I checked out Peats today, they are looking for about €120 for a 60Gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Fnz wrote: »

Just stick Ireland in the PO box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Memoryc.ie have a 120gb for €114. not sure how it stacks up against the Kingston though. I'd be happier with a branded one.

I was Waiting for 120 gb to hit €100 before I took the plunge. Maybe next week. :)

Edit: nevermind. The Kingston transfer rates are far higher.

• Advertisement

This has jumped to £116 now. Must have been a big demand on them at the original price. Cheers again OP for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

machalla wrote: »
    This has jumped to £116 now. Must have been a big demand on them at the original price. Cheers again OP for the heads up.

Check it again. The one linked is an amazon marketplace one. If you cluck through to the Amazon one it's 90 something queen quids with free delivery.

Damn you bargain alerts. I *really* want to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, still available under 'More Buying Choices' on the left.

Un-expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Just stick Ireland in the PO box :D

Last page of a thread on the subject of Ebuyer's change of delivery policy: [Link]

Nobody seems able to get stuff delivered to Eire. The thread has quoted correspondence from Ebuyer stating they no longer ship outside the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dealfreak

I contacted Armando Sanchez(CEO of Ebuyer) on twitter about Ebuyer delivery and this was his response: "due to recent concerns regarding the delivery service in your area …we decided to stop accepting or shipping orders to the Rep. of Ireland until we can find an alternative method of delivery.I’m sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance this may cause."Hopefully they will sort the delivery out cause they have some great deals.

dealfreak wrote: »
    I contacted Armando Sanchez(CEO of Ebuyer) on twitter about Ebuyer delivery and this was his response: "due to recent concerns regarding the delivery service in your area …we decided to stop accepting or shipping orders to the Rep. of Ireland until we can find an alternative method of delivery.I’m sorry for any inconvenience or annoyance this may cause."Hopefully they will sort the delivery out cause they have some great deals.

Cheers dealfreak. Thats a different story from earlier in the year where they were claiming that due to Vat changes they couldn't continue to deliver to Ireland.

Thats given me some hope they might make a comeback.

Advertisement