Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlueChip Bluetooth Headset

Options
  • 17-01-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering does anyone have one of these and how can i use it with my HTC Desire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There shouldn't be much difficulty getting it to work with a HTC Desire. The first thing you need to do is to 'pair' the headset to your phone, think of this like a social introduction. The phone needs to know about the headset so that when you switch on the headset, the phone will see it and connect to it. Unless you pair the headset to the phone, the phone will ignore it.

Have the phone at the ready.

1. Make sure the headset is fully charged and switched OFF. Hold down the power button on the head set and keep it pressed until the blue light flashes twice, this puts the headset in pairing mode. I think this is the procedure, check the owner manual if this doesn't work.

2. On the HTC Desire, go into 'Settings', select 'Wireless & Networks'. Make sure Bluetooth is switch 'on' (green tick mark shows). Now tap on 'Bluetooth Settings' and select 'Scan for devices'. After a few seconds you should see the headset listed and below it the text 'pair with this device', tap that line and when asked for a passcode enter 0000.

Once you've successfully paired the headset to the phone, the devices will connect as long as you have Bluetooth switched on on the phone and the headset is switched on and nearby. Check the headset manual for specific tasks such as redial, call accept, call reject etc.

Your body is an effective blocker which will weaken the signal so while wearing the headset, try to keep the phone on the same side of your body.

Advertisement