Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

i have no problem with him staying, as long as it is realised (by the people that matter) that he is not the answer to any midfield problems we have. If he could ever maintain fitness he could be a very useful squad played for us - but at this stage I don't see him being the player we need.

personally ive had it with him,we have seen brief glimpses of what he is capable of but not enough in my eyes,i suppose it really depends on how much saf has to spend and if he thinks midfield is a problem area,a lot also depends on whether he buys another striker with berba and owen more than likely moving on,also if fabio is being loaned out then surely he is not going to only have evans as cover(fryers yet to sign) so money will have to be spent there also,looking forward to summer transfers but nervous aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Hows everyone's boxers tonight?? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Brian017 wrote: »
    Hows everyone's boxers tonight?? :p

What?

What?

Some of us may be soiling ourselves about the game tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

What?

Just me then? I have this awful sick feeling in my stomach about the game tomorrow. Hopefully we can get a scrappy 1-0 win

The Mirror are reporting we are gonna be in for Baines at the end of the season. I would love that personally. Very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

The Mirror are reporting we are gonna be in for Baines at the end of the season. I would love that presonally. Very good player.

I am a big fan of Baines but I would prefer if someone gave Evra a kick up the ar$e, he is one of the best left backs in the world, when at his best but for the past couple of seasons he is getting more and more lazy with his defending. Get him back to the top of his game for next season, then by the following season Fabio will be ready to take over after a loan spell next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Mirror are reporting we are gonna be in for Baines at the end of the season. I would love that presonally. Very good player.
    They are reporting that the deal could be done for 5million so i'm calling bs on the entire story.

Would be over the moon if we got him for that, but there is absolutely no freaking way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

They are reporting that the deal could be done for 5million so i'm calling bs on the entire story.

Would be over the moon if we got him for that, but there is absolutely no freaking way.

I reckon Evra will be starting LB next year again with Fabio gone, and De Laet and Fryers will cover early cup games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

In fairness we gave them Darren Gibson, they owe us one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In fairness we gave them Darren Gibson, they owe us one.

Definitely. Gibson is a good luck charm like no other in the world. He hasn't lost a league game in over two years. It helps I suppose that he doesn't play a lot but I think it still counts for around 26 games.

His record this season is 5 wins and 4 draws. They've actually lost 2 games without him, although they were against Liverpool and Arsenal.

Pretty remarkable achievement when you consider it took Bale 24 games to actually be on the winning side in the league.

As long as Gibbo isn't playing tomorrow we should be ok for the win :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

Phil Neville for an og........ Ye heard it here first!!!:pac;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

If he stays great, if he doesn't goodluck and thanks. I won't be losing any sleep over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon Evra will be starting LB next year again with Fabio gone, and De Laet and Fryers will cover early cup games

do you think that would be ok?

I would be extremely disappointed if that is the situation on September 1st next season.

Unsure about Fryers' potential but De Laet is nowhere near good enough, and won't be.

I would be extremely disappointed if that is the situation on September 1st next season.

Unsure about Fryers' potential but De Laet is nowhere near good enough, and won't be.

Evans is quite an accomplished left back too. He may be shunted out there for a while when Vidic is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Pffff! Did you watch the Newcastle reserve game? De Laet future clearly lies up from! He's a demon! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fergie not a happy bunny after it was revealed that around 10 United players could be called up for the Olympics.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Fergie not a happy bunny after it was revealed that around 10 United players could be called up for the Olympics.
    Yeah I heard the aquatics team have inquired about Ashley youngs availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

I don't, I'd rather see Fabio staying and starting with Evra as back up but I can't see them spending anything on a position that we already have so much depth at. Baines would be great but it would probably cost us a lot more than 5 million

I'd still have Evra in the team ahead of baines tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Baines on set pieces would be unreal,the guy is lethal from outside the box,a free kick is nearly as good as a penalty with him on the field.
    If we could get him for the rumoured £5 million,I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Evra has been on the decline for the past 2 years. Baines is a far better player and in his peak. i hope to god utd dont sign him because he would be a graet signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Baines is a fantastic player, worst case scenario, Evra forced to up his game in order to keep his place in the team, if the reported £5m is anywhere close to the mark, it's an absolute no-brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The fact that Everton lack funds, they might have no choice to let him go for £5 million. That'd be fantastic business for us or any team that gets him. Although he still has something like 3 years left on his contract so it's not like Everton will lose him if they don't want to sell and can probably push for a higher fee.

Baines for £5 million and a year long loan of Fabio would be a good deal I would think. Fabio will get his game in the Premiership and it will give Everton time to find another left back for the following season.

Although it sounds like Fergie wants to groom Fabio for being our first choice LB and Baines coming in would be counter productive to that when Fabio comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Also unless Baines is in the last year of his contract there isnt a hope he will go for £5mil, I'd say it would take at least double that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

IMO, the solution to all of this is to loan Jeremy Mathieu for a year. Valencia LB/LW.

Not only would he be able to play ahead of Evra at LB, but he could also be the 'Valencia of the left', if a more traditional left winger is needed for a game. And with Fabio returning after a year of regular football, his prescence ahead of Fabio's won't be there to stop him taking over the first team reigns.

He has an incisive cross, which is a criticism I've heard of Evra.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

G.K. wrote: »
    IMO, the solution to all of this is to loan Jeremy Mathieu for a year. Valencia LB/LW.

Not only would he be able to play ahead of Evra at LB, but he could also be the 'Valencia of the left', if a more traditional left winger is needed for a game. And with Fabio returning after a year of regular football, his prescence ahead of Fabio's won't be there to stop him taking over the first team reigns.

He has an incisive cross, which is a criticism I've heard of Evra.

Evra couldn't cross a t.

He's infuriating, surely luck would mean he'd get one or two decent crosses in a year but no.

U.N.I.T.E.D. uniittteeeddd are the team for me

C'mon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

lordgoat wrote: »

He's infuriating, surely luck would mean he'd get one or two decent crosses in a year but no.

His cross to Scholesy for the derby winner two years ago wasn't half bad...

But yeah, he's crossing leaves a lot to be desired. Should have far more assists to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Guys,I see that documentary 1991 is on MUTV later on,have ye seen it and is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

£5m for Baines rumour is clearly bollox, I can't believe it is being discussed so much, it is from The Mirror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Terrible defending for the goal by Rafael for the Everton Goal, people around here always seem to be oblivious to his mistakes, smalling or jones should be in there instead of him

Today explains why Wellbeck is ahead of chico, and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Christ, 8 points clear and now may well be behind on goal difference next week :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Terrible defending for the goal by Rafael for the Everton Goal, people around here always seem to be oblivious to his mistakes, smalling or jones should be in there instead of him
    No they shouldn't, every player makes mistakes ffs.

Crazy game today, need to get a result at City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That's unforgivable to blow that lead at that time of the time.
    F**king sickening really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I said it last week, but people who were writing off Everton last week really were not watching them for past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Definitely. Gibson is a good luck charm like no other in the world. He hasn't lost a league game in over two years. It helps I suppose that he doesn't play a lot but I think it still counts for around 26 games.

His record this season is 5 wins and 4 draws. They've actually lost 2 games without him, although they were against Liverpool and Arsenal.

Pretty remarkable achievement when you consider it took Bale 24 games to actually be on the winning side in the league.

As long as Gibbo isn't playing tomorrow we should be ok for the win :pac:.

Fúck sake Gibson :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Bitterly disappointing from Utd not to be able to close out that game :mad:

At 4-2 it should have been a case of keep ball but we couldn't.

Fellaini was immense, incredible performance from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

At this stage of the season, with the importance of each game and each point, to let a 2 goal lead slip after being 3-1 and 4-2 up is nothing short of a disgrace.

That is not what Champions do and they better get their ****ing heads out of their arse cause we now need a big performance and result next Monday.

****ing disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,250 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

2 years in a row a 2 goal lead has been blown against Everton,a very limited footballing side.

Utd will have to get a result next week ,even if they dont Man City wont beat Newcastle away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The manager again needs to take a look at himself in relation to his tactics but I very much doubt he will, not like Phelan is going to be in his ear about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

unacceptable performance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Surprised that Fergie didn't use subs till they scored 4th goal. When we were 4-2 up, could have added one more in the midfield and control the possession.

Welbeck, Nani were superb, rest all were okish. Hutton assisted 2 goals and it was beyond joke how much space and time he got to cross the ball.

Assuming City don't drop points today then we'll be playing for the title on Monday week, the upside being we can afford a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm trying to resist from typing but I do feel this could be the tipping point

Shocking performance. City will. No doubt hammer Wolves. I really fear we may have blown it.

Utterly unprofessional performance. Not good enough at this stage of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If we defend like that city will hammer us .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also very surprising to see Valencia playing so many mins when he was poor today. Nani was anyways playing as RW, should have brought on Young, he would have provided better cover defensively.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement