Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

cahill woulda been an alright signing, nothing more
    he'd fill a position while jones is maturing / learning to defend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

LOL

Lampard to UTD rumours have started on twitter. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

LOL

Just seen that on a Spurs thread and then checked Twitter. It's unreal the amount of 'ITK's' with 'reliable sources' who think it might happen.

Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

LOL

He'd certainly fill the hole we currently have in the midfield :pac:.

Stranger things have happened. Let's hope it's bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,275 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

markc1184 wrote: »
    Just seen that on a Spurs thread and then checked Twitter. It's unreal the amount of 'ITK's' with 'reliable sources' who think it might happen.

Not a chance.

apparently Fergie wanted to sign him, and Terry the summer a few years ago - and I have read a deal was verbally agreed for the deals (Terry's at least) but then Roman Abramovic came on the seen and Chelsea pulled out of the deal.

I remember laughing at the though of us signing Lampard as the reason given was we lacked goals in midfield - couldn't understand how lampard would be the answer to that problem! Oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

kmart6 wrote: »
    Romney,Rio, Vidic anyway...after that it's hard to know!

:pac:

You must still be thinking about the Iowa caucuses the other night to make that slip up. I'm sure Mitt is on way more than 100k a year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

LOL

Hard to believe we're only 5 days in, can't imagine the crap they'll come up with in the next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

lampard could do a job for us til the summer at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Masked Man wrote: »
    Hard to believe we're only 5 days in, can't imagine the crap they'll come up with in the next month.

It's Twitter, full of rubbish and rumours. Always going to be case once January came along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

how long has frank got left on his contract?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

489840524.jpg?Expires=1325807017&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=K5e2tHuKbrr7SzgXBuW4bCmvLWwdcMtrTvMeM7HoZjOAeAFQhdnMXYTYYCey%7ElQTdixHG8HCYi05Zi3SiJXvZT6xoZEvLR5Ux007QgEfO4gw2j8wjDNqJdumJvwR9fXZWb8%7EaxVaVpOGKfWOU9f440DA43XBSnzeKPY5sbmYmRA_

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

cloptrop wrote: »
    how long has frank got left on his contract?

18 months according to the Mail who are now also running the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082879/Manchester-United-want-Frank-Lampard.html

We all know it's never going to happen, but a January signing is at least conceivable as a stop gap, but that article mentions a summer signing which is just laughably insulting more than anything.

and they reckon united will pay 10 or so million for him so??
    maybe if he was goin free and despararte for a year contract, stupidest story ever,
    he could get mad money in russia or china , why would he lose alll repect at chelsea to play for united for a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AON -- Alex Out Now

AON -- Alex Out Now
    genius man pure genius where did you come up with that one
    professor of words ye are lol
    in all honesty bit harsh dont ye think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,275 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

`hearing rumours, like other on here, of Lampard (in the Mail and the Star so....) but also that we may have offered Becks a 6month contract and an ambassadorial role at the club following the Olympics.

If Ferguson can't get the players he wants in january (we'll assume for the moment that he does actually have targets...) then I would not be against adding Lampard and Beckham to the squad for the 6 months - they WOULD improve our squad and push us through to the summer.

A part of me feels we may as well give free transfers to Morrison and Pogba if we'd prefer to sign Beckham rather than giving either a go at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

:pac:

You must still be thinking about the Iowa caucuses the other night to make that slip up. I'm sure Mitt is on way more than 100k a year as well.
    What a coincidental typo....

`hearing rumours, like other on here, of Lampard (in the Mail and the Star so....) but also that we may have offered Becks a 6month contract and an ambassadorial role at the club following the Olympics.

If Ferguson can't get the players he wants in january (we'll assume for the moment that he does actually have targets...) then I would not be against adding Lampard and Beckham to the squad for the 6 months - they WOULD improve our squad and push us through to the summer.

A part of me feels we may as well give free transfers to Morrison and Pogba if we'd prefer to sign Beckham rather than giving either a go at all.
    lampard wont leave a year and half contract at his favourite club to play for their rivals for 6 months, beckam is a no no , i havnt wanted him at united since about 2 years before he left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Just saw this on twitter, made me smile anyway.:pac:

Lampard to United, Kaka to Blackburn, Messi to Wigan, Ronaldo to stay on feet, Suarez to become Evra's agent, pigs to fly. #nonsense

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

cloptrop wrote: »

Article about it in the guardian as well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/05/liverpool-manchester-united-luis-suarez?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I would say the club would be reluctant to enter any sort of clear the air discussions with Liverpool unless a public apology is offered by them for their handling of the situation and their attack on Evra's credibility.

Whatever kind of differences that may or may not get resolved, there will be no doubt a turbulent atmosphere when the teams meet at OT next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Lot of rumors flying around tonight indeed.

Hearing one that Ravel Morrison is off, (possibly to Barcelona). His friend tweeted it. Apparently he's been late for training 12 times this season already - he was supposed to be involved over Christmas with the first team but blew it when he came in late. He was late this week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ugh this new year has been very depressing so far! Feel like misery bear big time.

need a good result on Sunday or I'm gonna do some major sulking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Lot of rumors flying around tonight indeed.

Hearing one that Ravel Morrison is off, (possibly to Barcelona). His friend tweeted it. Apparently he's been late for training 12 times this season already - he was supposed to be involved over Christmas with the first team but blew it when he came in late. He was late this week too.

Man i would camp in the centre circle all winter to be on time for training with Utd. If this is true his attitude really is a disagrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

killwill wrote: »
    Man i would camp in the centre circle all winter to be on time for training with Utd. If this is true his attitude really is a disagrace.

Exactly. If all this is true (and I'm pretty sure the late for training thing is true), then think what he'd be like if he gets a run in the first team. He's already getting thoughts above his station.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I'm not even going to entertain the Lampard story for one second. More chance of Rooney signing for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Exactly. If all this is true (and I'm pretty sure the late for training thing is true), then think what he'd be like if he gets a run in the first team. He's already getting thoughts above his station.

Can i ask where you are getting this information about him being late for training 12 times? Not doubting you or anything but unless you know somebody from within the club i dont know how you can come up with tha figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

And still, losing a talent like that to the likes of Barcelona would be disastrous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

On the subject of Morrisson can anybody who watched the youths tell me what his best position is. Could he be the creative player of a middle three or what about pogba?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement