Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing paint from Truck

Options
  • 17-12-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Can somone suggest what would be the best way to take off the purple paint on the truck ?

2011-12-17_12-01-07_59.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any idea what sort of paint it is? Can vary what it best depending if it's water or oil based.

I'd try T-Cut, should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

I managed to scrap with my fingers the paint from the wing mirrors so i figure then that it is water based.

Just doing some research ....read that a clay bar might work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Just doing some research ....read that a clay bar might work ?

I think your confusing paint with paint flecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Rat it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Rat it! :)

I know ! The thought did cross my mind since i am a big fan of the look but unfortunately my love of old cars tips the scale in this case. Still thinking of ratting the Pug 605 but the car has its claws in me.

Yep, maybe the clay is only for speks. I got some compound...have to do the bonnet so will see how it works out and then will try on the paint.

First wash ...The Jet wash got some of it off...stripped the wing mirrors nicely. Those sidesteps are gonna be a problem. Nothing came off...and they smell like there is rust underneath ( paint probably covering it). Might take them off.

Good side.
    2011-12-18_08-30-40_508.jpg

Bad side ( can see outline of strips )
    2011-12-18_08-30-47_865.jpg

Good auld mega mitre...every mans best friend

2011-12-18_08-33-06_924.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement