Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DS system update - Delayed

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Well America got Radar Mission, we got Tennis.

For the gameboy, Japan also got:
    Baseball
    Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shūgō!
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Avenging Spirit
    Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

and also the 3D Classics version of Xevious.

Bar Downtown Special I'd say maybe 2 titles from above could be likely?
    edit: PR release is Mondays.
    edit: And Japan are getting DK 94 in this weeks update.

I really hope we get Xevious and DK 94 this week. Xevious is timeless and I missed out on DK94 but it was supposed to be one of the best gameboy games ever released. I doubt we'll get baseball, not popular here, and Kunio was never released here and would be considered "too obscure".

Any official word on what Europe will get this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Nollog

It was supposed to be published today, wasn't it?
    That's what my eShop said last week...

Well so much for the list of VC games being published at the start of the week. They did it for Japan and the U.S. but not the E.U.
    I love Nintendo but the one thing that has always annoyed me since the days of the SNES is how they treat the European market. MS might not give us netflix or whatever over here but at least the XBLA and DLC content etc is pretty much identical to the US and is released the same time.

Wonder if they will update the store it at mid-night like last week. Fingers crossed for Donkey Kong 94 and Xevious 3D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Well so much for the list of VC games being published at the start of the week. They did it for Japan and the U.S. but not the E.U.
    I love Nintendo but the one thing that has always annoyed me since the days of the SNES is how they treat the European market. MS might not give us netflix or whatever over here but at least the XBLA and DLC content etc is pretty much identical to the US and is released the same time.

Wonder if they will update the store it at mid-night like last week. Fingers crossed for Donkey Kong 94 and Xevious 3D.

They didn't...well for the US didn't anyway.

They didn't...well for the US didn't anyway.

I was just prompted to do an update but the 3DS store had the same content.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Another update out for 3ds. Fixes issue with Ridge Racer and allows updates to be pushed to the console. Reported on Vooks.

Looks like this update wont land til tonight...Midnight?

US is getting Donkey Kong 94 at least.

Its up, Donkey Kong for Gameboy for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Its up, Donkey Kong for Gameboy for €4.

Tried it, worth downloading?

• Advertisement

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Don't have it yet, but apparntly it's a pretty good version of DK :)

On another note, Nintendo uk finally got back to me when i asked about the e3 trailers....Got 3 replies from germany in that time on things...(basically "We've passed your suggestions on, blahblahblah, contact your local nintendo...even though it's something that would also effect germany :P)

"The downloadable and promotional content available on Nintendo eShop and its scheduling vary on a regional basis. However, we can confirm that The Green Lantern 3D trailer from Warner Bros is now available in the UK and is coming to additional European markets soon. The E3 special movies will also be coming to consumers in Europe soon."

Guess there's still hope yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Another update out for 3ds. Fixes issue with Ridge Racer and allows updates to be pushed to the console. Reported on Vooks.

So that's what it does, interesting, wondered what was going on

And only Donkey Kong, bit of a let down, a few more titles would be nice to be spoilt for choice.

It's well worth the 4 Euro. It's recognised as one of the best game boy games. Here's a good review. That guy is my favourite retro reviewer on youtube.

Anyway, yeah I was expecting at least two games. Maybe we'll get another one tomorrow, like we did last week with Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm pretty disappointed about only one game being added today. I doubt I'll be downloading DK. Perhaps if they offered a demo I would be interested.

On a side note perhaps we should have a separate thread for Nintendo eShop discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,250 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I know they like to trickle games out onto services like this to maximize profits...but with such a huge back catalog (and so few decent 3DS games to play right now) they should be releasing lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Donkey Kong shall be a definite purchase when I get home from work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

I never played this version of Donkey Kong before and was thinking the €4 might be a bit much but its bloody brilliant and well worth the money.
    The first four levels i was a bit hmmmmmm but after that it changes into a puzzle platformer. Great stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Ahhhhh I hope they release one of the original pokemon games

Gamestop thinks estore cards may not be available until the end of summer :(

Gonna suck if true....got a 30 euro gamestop voucher i was hoping to use up on them :/ :pac:

• Advertisement

Gamestop thinks estore cards may not be available until the end of summer :(

Gonna suck if true....got a 30 euro gamestop voucher i was hoping to use up on them :/ :pac:

Nintendo say end of July.

Radar attack and double dragon are on the eshop today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Theres step by step guide in your red operating manual on page from 79-91

heres the link in case you ve lost it

mediacontent.nintendo-europe.com/.../CTR_OperationsManual_UK_1102_NFRP.pdf

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Theres step by step guide in your red operating manual on page from 79-91

heres the link in case you ve lost it

mediacontent.nintendo-europe.com/.../CTR_OperationsManual_UK_1102_NFRP.pdf

Are you broken?

no

a lot of my friends find it hard to get internet connection with the DSI, or DSI XL or 3DS, i want help those cant get online with nintendo devices like the wii or DSI, or DSI XL or 3DS,

Well for one, you bump year old threads with that information a lot, secondly, you post on top of yourself after the same post a few days later, and thirdly, this thread is nothing to do with connecting to the Internet.
    It started off about the update in June, and now it's about the eShop.

On topic:
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/download_free_3d_trailers_of_current_highlights_and_upcoming_games_for_nintendo_3ds_43715.html
    Finally!

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Well for one, you bump year old threads with that information a lot, secondly, you post on top of yourself after the same post a few days later, and thirdly, this thread is nothing to do with connecting to the Internet.
    It started off about the update in June, and now it's about the eShop.

On topic:
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/download_free_3d_trailers_of_current_highlights_and_upcoming_games_for_nintendo_3ds_43715.html
    Finally!

"Arriving in two packages"
    Guess that's what the 3 week delay was for! :pac: Suppose it's better they're packaged though..neater :cool:

• Advertisement

you have to use system updates to get eShop and you need the Internet to use system updates and you need the Internet to ues eShop, so interior it has something do with the Internet.

You cant use system updates without an Internet connection,

You cant use eshop without an Internet connection,

You can't use internet without isp, you can't use isp without modem...

Nothing yet. I guess NoE meant they'll be up when normal people wake up in the morning.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    you have to use system updates to get eShop and you need the Internet to use system updates and you need the Internet to ues eShop, so interior it has something do with the Internet.

You cant use system updates without an Internet connection,

You cant use eshop without an Internet connection,

Well would be more explainable posting that if someone said they had difficulty with their settings...not in a topic full of people who've successfully connected and updated :pac:

e3 video's are up.
    If you're using the thomson modem on upc 50/100 disable the firewall and they'll actually download.
    Apparently "trusting" the 3DS' mac address does nothing.

Just downloading them now :pac: mostly to take up room on my 3ds menu.....:P

(can't purchase from the shop til they hurry up and release the cards! :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Just downloading them now :pac: mostly to take up room on my 3ds menu.....:P

If you have a Debit card you can put money on you're account. I thought most people now a days were given debit cards by their banks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

I've downloaded all the trailers. Like the look of Mario and Kart, already have Zelda (just entered the water temple...wish me luck!), am downright puzzled by Resi Revelations as I don't know if the 3-d works properly (this coming from a guy with better than 20-20 vision and who can play with the slider up to max for 6 hours straight)...it just doesn't seem synch'd somehow. :(

but....

Clever Girl, Nintendo....Clever Girl!

Star Fox...it ain't got no online multi...I had no intention of getting it....and yet...the SOB shows off some of the best 3-d I've seen and stirs memories in me of a game I spent long hours going different routes, getting higher scores, getting all those super speed boosts for that secret level...and showing me far better graphics.

Clever girl.....

Get an 02 money card and give the middle finger to the banks and Game Stop (12.99 for 1000 Wii points when Nintendo charge E10 online? No thanks.)

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Get an 02 money card and give the middle finger to the banks and Game Stop (12.99 for 1000 Wii points when Nintendo charge E10 online? No thanks.)

Will be doing!
    Got a 30 euro gift card i have to use up though :pac: and don't think there's much more than 30 euro worth of stuff i'd actually like to purchase atm :cool:

(also as the cards will be in cash values they should be the same instore :D)

(also as the cards will be in cash values they should be the same instore :D)

I wouldn't put it past them.
    This is Ireland after all.

Actually got a reply from them this time that didn't take 10 days! :eek:

We certainly apologise for the delay in getting these e-Shop cards out to retailers. We hope to have these available imminently.
    Kind regards,

Imminently should really mean right now....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mokong

this thread is working as an eShop thread now yeah?

If you haven't spotted already there's 5 new trailers for download on the E3 trailers shelf
    http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15861

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mokong wrote: »
    this thread is working as an eShop thread now yeah?

Perhaps a mod could change the thread title?

Actually got a reply from them this time that didn't take 10 days! :eek:

We certainly apologise for the delay in getting these e-Shop cards out to retailers. We hope to have these available imminently.
    Kind regards,

Imminently should really mean right now....:cool:

Yeah, back in June they said "Mid-to-Late July" for the cards.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=157311
    Apparntly someone spotted them in Ireland :eek:

Anyone else see them around anywhere yet? :)
    It's about time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=157311
    Apparntly someone spotted them in Ireland :eek:

Anyone else see them around anywhere yet? :)
    It's about time!

Anyone seen these in HMV,XTRAVISION,GAME,GAMESTOP,etc yet.

Advertisement