Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Quarter Final tonight

• 30-09-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Derry City vs Cork City

Derry won 6 1 Saturday in the League Cup final but I think Cork will take this with an unusual score line.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How unusual will unusual be? I think we will snatch this either by a dirty 0-1 or penos. Big incentive of an away semi final against relegation threatened Galway on the Sunday of the bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,282 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just hope we did not get all the goals out of our system on Saturday night.

Think it will be a tight game and hopefully we will end Cork's run of wins up here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Off topic, i know. Just wondering has the other semi final been scheduled yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

monkey9 wrote: »

Friday, Oct 24th.

Hope Cork City can get the win tonight, Kelly and Lordan are injured, while Healy is supposed to be out for the next 6-8 weeks :(

monkey9 wrote: »

Pats V Bohs on Fri Oct 24th

Galway V Either City on Sun Oct 26th

Both games on RTE 2

• Advertisement

Just entering extra time. By the sounds of it Derry and well on top.

...And Derry go through after extra time and penalties, 5-3

...And Derry go through after extra time and penalties, 5-3

Woohoo another trip to Galway sorry RRC :D

Woohoo another trip to Galway sorry RRC :D

I hope they hammer ye :p

Sickened after listening to it online the whole bloody time! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Cork's boss Mattews should be sacked imo. What a disaster of a year for Cork with the finances that he had. They play pathetic football.

They have no right winger yet the right back attacks up the field :confused:

Bring Rico back I say :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Sweet googly mooglies, this was a disaster pure and simple. Without Flynn and Mooney we're still incredibly shot shy. Behan, Dudfield, et al, can all score, but not in the same vein as the aforementioned.

I don't think I'm the only City fan who thinks that the key to our rejuvenation is a Kevin Doyle move to Villa; as it would generate just short of €1m for the coffers.

Anyway, looking at the fixture list I reckon we're capable of getting at least 7 points from the next 9, helping to copperfasten our grip on European footie once more. Thinking a trip to the Cross for the destruction of Finn Harps is in order...

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Cork's boss Mattews should be sacked imo. What a disaster of a year for Cork with the finances that he had. They play pathetic football.

They have no right winger yet the right back attacks up the field :confused:

Bring Rico back I say :pac:

Yet if we hadn't our 10 points deducted, we would be one point behing SPA for second.

Advertisement