Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scraping noise turning wheel atslow speed

Options
  • 17-12-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Scraping noise this morning when turning wheels at slow speed.. Never heard before? Brake discs or could something be caught?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sounds like the disks, happened to a friend of mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Could be a stone stuck in one of the discs. Happened me a couple of weeks ago. Brought it to a garage but the stone feel out on the way. Was told if it happens again to reverse and break hard to dislodge it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭montytheferret

KNS wrote: »
    Could be a stone stuck in one of the discs.. Was told if it happens again to reverse and break hard to dislodge it.
    I'll try that cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Happened to my Volvo it was the dust guard on the brake being slightly bent so if rubbed the brake disk at full lock. Its fairly light metal so I just bent it back in place. The sound it made was horrendous like a shovel been scraped across concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

I had the same on my avensis and just bent it back through the wheel sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭montytheferret

Well I've been out in the car twice since then and didn't hear the noise...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Seasoft

Had a similar noise with Mazda6 a few months back. Turns out it was the power-steering system. A low fluid level.

Advertisement