Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: St Pats vs Hertha Berlin

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Final whistle.

Fair play to St.Pats. They gave a good account of themselves over the two legs, especially tonight.
    They've done the league proud even though they did'nt win.

I know some people are going to point out "they did'nt win so whats there to be proud of" but given the gulf in resources, facilities etc. between the two teams they still managed to play very well and provided a good challenge over the two legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'm a Pats fan, all Hertha had to do was sit back for most of the game. If Hertha had to score we would have seen a different team. Would of been nice to have scored even one to put Hertha on the ropes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well done Pats, very unlucky by the sounds of it. Only saw the first leg though.

Hopefully Pats and Bohs can do us proud in Europe next year

Unlucky Pats and unlucky sending off at the end. Probably deserved but born out of tiredness rather than anything malicious. Chins up for Pats fans, great showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm a Pats fan, all Hertha had to do was sit back for most of the game. If Hertha had to score we would have seen a different team. Would of been nice to have scored even one to put Hertha on the ropes.

Yeah , they cleary werent looking for goals, sure they didnt even play a striker.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

1.Pat's should have won but if you were to be fair and not consider Pat's a smaller team and just judge on footballing terms, Hertha would have scored a few away goals tonight as well.

2.Fahey should definetly be playing for Ireland. He makes some stupid choices at times, but he really plays like he knows what he wants to do. It doesn't matter if he's not up to the physicality of a top league over the course of the season but on once off matches he would be class..sort of like Luka Modric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I'm not. There's no way Hertha deserved to win by 2 over there.
    That's where I'd have to disagree. You could argue Pats were unlucky, but Hertha had quite a few chances over there; I don't think Pats had a single shot on target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Good performance, Fahy was immense again.

On the whole, Pats fans must be disappointed with result tonight. Penalty denied, Fahy hit the post, Dempsey hit the post, Guy missed an unbelieveable chance clean through, Quigley missed a chance from a header where he was very poor, Murphy missed a sitter from 5 yeards and didnt connect with a free header he had shortly after.

No way you can afford to miss that amount of chances and expect to advance at this level. They were there for the taking and Pats blew it.

Good support from the junkies tonight, given the ko time etc. Why were they booing Voronin btw? Did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yeah was thinking that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CiaranC wrote: »

Good support from the junkies tonight, given the ko time etc. Why were they booing Voronin btw? Did I miss something?

Think they've just never seen such a poor player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

djpbarry wrote: »
    That's where I'd have to disagree. You could argue Pats were unlucky, but Hertha had quite a few chances over there; I don't think Pats had a single shot on target.
    I know that there was 1 shot on target for either team in the 1st half. Can't remember them creating many in the 2nd half and I felt Pats were hard done by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Hard luck Pats. You came close. Fahey was amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

mike65 wrote: »
    Goals win games, not "quality"

Mike

Is "quality" not what the barstoolers want?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hertha didn't create much, had Pats been more clinical they should have won out. Then again, Hertha were very visibly sitting back and hoping to soak it all up, but some of their defenders looked to have a few shakey moments when Pats were putting the pressure on. All in all, meh... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Pat's should have taken something from the game - their fans were excellent throughout but as we hear every week on tv "at this level you have to take your chances"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I was in broad agreement with Rico after the game (:eek:); they need a capable target man up front with Quigley (like Zayed on a good day) and a decent winger down the left. Kirby's not up to it at this level. Still can't make my mind up about Ryan Guy; quick, strong, terrific in the air, but end product is lacking.

Advertisement