Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club or country?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Country winning major international tournament
    They should have won over 90 minutes, very poor Spain team, after that the bloddy trophy was there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

CiaranC wrote: »
    No doubt this will change now that they are a 'glamour' club, I expect the "City till I die quotient" on here to go through the roof, lol

Nah, we're still shit
    bohsman wrote: »
    They should have won over 90 minutes, very poor Spain team, after that the bloddy trophy was there for the taking.

Agreed. We bottled it big time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Both teams I follow are too sh[i]i[/i]te to ever be in that situation
    Everytime i say that i get abused for being delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Helps if you know you're playing against 10 men. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Unearthly wrote: »
    and majority of people who hate their national team support irish football by funding it every week
    How is that ironic , unless you thnik Irish football = the national team ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anyone who saw us knock out romania or that goal vs italy hearing you say a english club over our national team would surely consider you a foreigner,

Country > Club in any sport

Imagine if ireland won the worldcup , it wud be like a county winning a all ireland multiplied by a 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

nuxxx wrote: »
    anyone who saw us knock out romania or that goal vs italy hearing you say a english club over our national team would surely consider you a foreigner,

Country > Club in any sport

Imagine if ireland won the worldcup , it wud be like a county winning a all ireland multiplied by a 1000
    What an odd thing to say. I think your place of birth has more to do with being foreign than what team you support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

malice_ wrote: »
    What an odd thing to say. I think your place of birth has more to do with being foreign than what team you support.

Odd? I thought it was a very logical way of looking at supporting your country.

forgive me, but Im not exactly sure what your post means.... your place of birth has more to do with being foreign than what team you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

roryc wrote: »
    Odd? I thought it was a very logical way of looking at supporting your country.

forgive me, but Im not exactly sure what your post means.... your place of birth has more to do with being foreign than what team you support?
    I thought my post made sense, maybe not :). Nuxx said:
    Nuxx wrote:
    anyone who saw us knock out romania or that goal vs italy hearing you say a english club over our national team would surely consider you a foreigner

which is what I find odd. Why would someone be considered a foreigner for supporting club over country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

àh right i see what you mean... but I think Nuxx is concentrating on the fact that some people support an ENGLISH club over their country.

Im sure there are people in other countries who support club over country

• Advertisement
Advertisement