Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI is Trying to cut me out of my grant entitlements

Options
  • 14-07-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

SUSI is Trying to cut me out of my grant entitlements because I’ve had to spend this year repeating 2 subjects from last year the first year of a level 8 course in Engineering that I’m doing where as the reason I failed the 2 subjects was because I had not been well !
    I got a letter telling me to reapply as a new student because I’m not classed as a progressive student!
    You see I stand to lose a lot as I’m one of the last year of students to receive the back to education and the full maintenance grant at the same time, as my studies started in 2009.
    Can there be an exception for a student that failed part of a year through sickness where as I’m aware that there are other students that get granted in exceptional circumstances?
    Please help if you have any advice

Yours
    Engineer

What would be my legal entitlement as been studying since 2009 + repeat last yearr 3 votes

Zero Grant
    0% 0 votes
    Fees Paid
    100% 3 votes
    Fees Paid + Full Maintenance
    0% 0 votes
    Fees Paid + Full Maintenance + BTWA
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Did you highlight your medical conditions at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 civilengineer

No But i sent on details of my repeat exams !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think you should ring SUSI and ask them for advice.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 civilengineer

did that !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

did that !

and? did they say to send your medical forms in?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Did the university officially grant you extenuating circumstances when you gave in medical certs etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can there be an exception for a student that failed part of a year through sickness where as I’m aware that there are other students that get granted in exceptional circumstances?
    Please help if you have any advice
    The vital part I think is that your college has to officially declare that you missed these exams due to illness (an I-grade or equivalent). If they didn't, it's going to be harder to appeal. Make sure to have regular contact with both college and SUSI about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

I would advise you to purchase a new calender.

09 first yr
    10 repeat

Correct me if im not getting it.

Advertisement