Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb - Crashed Again!

Options
  • 06-08-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Is it just me or is Digiweb hosting incredibly unreliable for wordpress. In the past week my site has been down a least four days. One minute it's fine then it's down for hours then back again.
    Every week I get a message from the website monitor telling me it's down.

I've spent 40 minutes on hold today to find out only to be assured it was all sorted and now it's down again.

Who else is worth checking out as I've had it with them.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

We can't discuss hosting companies here but check out webmentor.ie

I'm with Wupav and can't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭torqtorq

I have a couple of small sites hosted with digiweb. Recently I discovered that my contact forms are taking over thirty seconds to return thank you message to the user plus the normal reply email is not being sent to the user.

Digiweb appears to be migrating clients websites to other servers at the moment and I can only assume that this is what is causing these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭justmehere

Go elsewhere, doesn't have to be an Irish company, but for the love of your sanity, do not host with digiweb. As an example, I was there on the phone to the billing dept to find out why my hosting package hadn't been activated, order numbers from the email in hand, only to be told those order numbers are essentially meaningless - they can't look them up on their system.

Things only went downhill from there! Apologies for the rant, but my soul was shredded after dealing with them and I want to spare others the misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TTDublin

I really can't express how appalling their services are. Sites is regularly down for two or three days at a time. Customer service is foreign language to them.
    I've WordPress with them so switching to a different host is a bit of work. I've moved to blacknight but just need to get a chance to switch over.
    I completely understand your rant as I ve felt exactly how you feel sooooooooo many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Absolutely awful company, one of my sites was down for over a week. This cost me a/ a lot of money and b/ search engine rankings.

I've tried moving my site three or four times but there is a humongous amount of work involved.

I would never host another site with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

We can't discuss specific hosting companies as it's against the charter (for good reason).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement